Potential shipping strike on the East Coast.

Therefore they were being overpaid 40 years ago.

Labor supply and demand is what should determine wages.

Buggy whip manufacturing workers’ pay hasn’t kept up with inflation either. As a poster said earlier, the horse buggy unions would have blocked automobile technology if they were able.
$21/hour (high end) was overpaid? Maybe it is, idk. I don't know the skill or education that is required to do those jobs. I do know that America doesn't value blue collar jobs enough, which is why we have PhDs pouring coffee at StarBuccees.

"JUST IN: Longshore Union President Who Pledged to “CRIPPLE” the United States, Owns 76-Ft Yacht, Bentley, Is Paid Almost 1 MILLION Per Year, Body of His Co-Defendant In RICO Case Was Found Decomposing In Trunk"

Union leadership in ANY labor union is a problem. They are ALL greedy, corrupt, lying politicians. Ask me how I know. That doesn't mean the rank and file workers are bad people and don't deserve to improve their lot in life.

Union leadership in ANY labor union is a problem. They are ALL greedy, corrupt, lying politicians. Ask me how I know. That doesn't mean the rank and file workers are bad people and don't deserve to improve their lot in life.
The question is are they being used, and this is all a ruse to justify more automation. Before this is over alot of jobs will dissappear.

Reactions: Wireless1
Their wages haven't kept up with inflation for FORTY YEARS. We have enjoyed cheap Chinese **** as a result, and where has that gotten us?

Maybe they can learn to code.
no one's wages have kept up with inflation. but most other jobs aren't in a spot where they can hold up the rest of the nation and increase the inflation even more.

if we were completely manufacturing our own stuff they wouldn't have a job either. or a lot fewer of them would.

agreed to an extent. but if they are going along with acts that has the stated goals of making life worse for everyone else, it doesn't put them in the "good people" bracket.

Bumping their pay is the same knock on effect as bumping minimum wage for McDonalds. Companies have to bump their prices to cover the higher overhead. their workers demand higher pay, increasing overhead costs. its part of the snowball.

Believe me. I am all about Trump if nothing else just to prevent the Marxists from being in the White House. However, Marxists don’t lose elections.
If this election proves to be a sham; I don't think you'll have to worry about who is in the WH. I just do not think believing they have it wrapped up is the way to go about it. If we do not encourage everyone to vote, we are leaving the possibility for election fraud. I don't care who you vote for; but you need to vote. I personally believe we should be voting on the blackchain; where every single vote is on a ledger and verified.

If this election proves to be a sham; I don't think you'll have to worry about who is in the WH. I just do not think believing they have it wrapped up is the way to go about it. If we do not encourage everyone to vote, we are leaving the possibility for election fraud. I don't care who you vote for; but you need to vote. I personally believe we should be voting on the blackchain; where every single vote is on a ledger and verified.
Oh, I am going to vote. And I am voting for Trump. Four more years of this mess is a disaster.

The question is are they being used, and this is all a ruse to justify more automation. Before this is over alot of jobs will dissappear.
Maybe, maybe not. It will be purely a financial decision by the dock operators. Whether or not it is a lot or not remains to be seen. Instead of vilifying these people though, we should be supporting them. Those are 100% American jobs. vilify the thug leadership all you want... I'll even join you on that, but the guys doing the work deserve our support.

Reactions: Sgt_Nick_Fury
Maybe, maybe not. It will be purely a financial decision by the dock operators. Whether or not it is a lot or not remains to be seen. Instead of vilifying these people though, we should be supporting them. Those are 100% American jobs. vilify the thug leadership all you want... I'll even join you on that, but the guys doing the work deserve our support.
I don't disagree....

no one's wages have kept up with inflation. but most other jobs aren't in a spot where they can hold up the rest of the nation and increase the inflation even more.

if we were completely manufacturing our own stuff they wouldn't have a job either. or a lot fewer of them would.
If they are that critical, then the .gov would put them under the RLA (or similar structure) like airline pilots are. Do you have any idea how many hoops have to be jumped thru before a pilot group can strike? It is virtually impossible for us to strike. No one gives a flying **** about these guys until they make your lives inconvenient. Now you care. Now they are greedy because they won't unload all your cheap Chinese mad **** that should be made here. It is actually the height of hypocrisy being exhibited right now. We want American jobs as long as they pay Mexican wages... right?

agreed to an extent. but if they are going along with acts that has the stated goals of making life worse for everyone else, it doesn't put them in the "good people" bracket.

Bumping their pay is the same knock on effect as bumping minimum wage for McDonalds. Companies have to bump their prices to cover the higher overhead. their workers demand higher pay, increasing overhead costs. its part of the snowball.
The 'snowball' is essential to life. Sorry, but it is. I didn't major in Econ, but I do know that an economy/business that isn't growing will die. With that growth comes inflation. We have been addicted to cheap money for far too long.

Their leader is an *******. The workers are not. They want a better life. You apparently don't think they deserve it. Are you willing to work for what you earned as a new hire for the rest of your life?

The one thing I will never understand about leftoids is how they want less pollution, less waste, less climate impact, higher wages, etc. (all of which come with a smaller, more homogenous and community-oriented population) and simultaneously think we need endless diversity and massive influxes of migrants. These things are mutually exclusive.
I think about the same type of paradox with folks sporting the hunting and fishing bumper stickers while throwing their trash and cigarette butts out the window.

People can't see the big picture because they don't want to.

I am sometimes called “Negative Ned” on the golf course. Lol. There is some truth to it.
Well you are right that the Marxists are going to cheat since none of the other tactics they have tried have worked. I was just having a happy morning then you brought me back to reality. So KMA. ;)

VN Store

Back