Praying Before Game WILL NOT BE STOPPED AT UT (merged)

It was an interesting place that you quit copy/pasting. To finish the thought:

Lev 21:22-23 He may eat the bread of his God, both of the most holy and of the holy things, (23) but he shall not go through the veil or approach the altar, because he has a blemish, that he may not profane my sanctuaries, for I am the LORD who sanctifies them."

God was symbolically revealing the Biblical precedent that it takes absolute perfection to be in His presence. Again, this was to show us that we need Jesus for relationship and can't do it on our own.

You ignored the fact that God fed them. You also ignored the fact that a vast majority of Jesus' ministry was healing the infirm and handicapped.

Your use of inflammatory vocabulary belies your motives in this discussion, imho...

you would make a good preacher. I always like when someone takes the time to explain the meaning behind the scripture.

Morpheus, How is it any harder to belive that a supreme being created the universe than that everything came from nothing?

You realize they're wasting money on this right?
It goes against what our district court said about the matter.

Best money the University ever spent!!!!!!!:good!:
Lets face it, we are all given the free will to believe how we wish. Those of you that believe in creation, maybe your right and when we all die, our bodies rot away to nothing and there is no spiritual afterlife. But as a believer in Christ, the father, the son and the holy ghost, I'll say a prayer for you if your wrong because Hell is not where I would want to spend eternity.

Last edited:
Because science.

Because science what? Evolution cannot be proven with out the "missing link"!

Yet if you read the bible, God references a circular earth long before it was ever known that A. the world really didn't rest on two elephants floating on the backs of turtles and B. that Atlas wasn't really holding us up and C. that sailors who sailed to far would fall off into the dark abyss. God knew!

You really think that's a good explanation?

Yes, from the Christian perspective it is the correct explanation.

Heb 8:1-13 Now the point in what we are saying is this: we have such a high priest, one who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, (2) a minister in the holy places, in the true tent that the Lord set up, not man. (3) For every high priest is appointed to offer gifts and sacrifices; thus it is necessary for this priest also to have something to offer. (4) Now if he were on earth, he would not be a priest at all, since there are priests who offer gifts according to the law. (5) They serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things. For when Moses was about to erect the tent, he was instructed by God, saying, "See that you make everything according to the pattern that was shown you on the mountain." (6) But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises. (7) For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. (8) For he finds fault with them when he says: "Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, (9) not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not continue in my covenant, and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord. (10) For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (11) And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. (12) For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more." (13) In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

When God gave the plans for the tabernacle, He specifically said it should be built to exacting specifications because it is a copy of His heavenly holy of holies.

The author of Hebrews extended this to make the point that the service in the tabernacle (which Leviticus 21 details in part) was a type and shadow of the service that Jesus Christ, as our heavenly High Priest, would perform on our behalf.

The author then goes on to show that the covenant that we now have through Christ is a better, more excellent covenant because it is based on His work (and grace/mercy) instead of our worthiness or acceptance.

So, whether you feel as though the explanation is "good" or not, it is Biblical, internally consistent as a Christian doctrine, and ultimately expresses the grace and love of God to undeserving humanity.

Peace... :hi:

Reactions: 1 person

huh? Not at all correct

Yet if you read the bible, God references a circular earth long before it was ever known that A. the world really didn't rest on two elephants floating on the backs of turtles and B. that Atlas wasn't really holding us up and C. that sailors who sailed to far would fall off into the dark abyss. God knew!

so the church spent all that time persecuting those who agreed with the Bible? What's the point of that?

the Bible was written by man. You can't really use it to prove anything about God

huh? Not at all correct

so the church spent all that time persecuting those who agreed with the Bible? What's the point of that?

the Bible was written by man. You can't really use it to prove anything about God

Are you making the claim that man can not know anything about God?

(Please note that you will be answering as a man, concerning God.)

Just because people in the Dark ages believed in that stuff doesn't mean the thriving cultures who preceded them believed it.

Are you making the claim that man can not know anything about God?

(Please note that you will be answering as a man, concerning God.)

man can guess and assume but there is nothing that shows he really has a clue about what God wants or whether he even exists. The Bible's existence does nothing to prove God exists

man can guess and assume but there is nothing that shows he really has a clue about what God wants or whether he even exists. The Bible's existence does nothing to prove God exists

Well, since man can only guess and assume, I will discount what you have guessed and assumed about God. I will continue to believe that the Bible is inspired by God and is His message to humanity.

I mean, it has remained intact for thousands of years, has defined Eastern and Western culture, has proven internally consistent throughout my detailed studies, and has proven absolutely faithful in guiding my life.

Your testimony, however, makes the self-defeating statement that your testimony on the subject can't be trusted. :)

IDK, I thought just the opposite. Seems like alot of reaching and assuming going on to me.

Did you see my follow-up post? I'm not saying you need to believe the Bible. But did you see the connection from NT to OT that actually correlated the points?

Obviously, feel free to consider it a reach; I just wanted you to know where I reached from, and to...

Well, since man can only guess and assume, I will discount what you have guessed and assumed about God. I will continue to believe that the Bible is inspired by God and is His message to humanity.

I mean, it has remained intact for thousands of years, has defined Eastern and Western culture, has proven internally consistent throughout my detailed studies, and has proven absolutely faithful in guiding my life.

Your testimony, however, makes the self-defeating statement that your testimony on the subject can't be trusted. :)

which is fine. I would rather take what I have now and look for answers than just assume they were all written down a couple thousand years ago and that's that.

the only thing that's consistent is that man wrote and manipulated the Bible to its current version. All you are doing is using the book to prove itself which really doesn't work.

I'm not taking part in this discussion any more. It's gone on 60 pages too long. This argument will never be won or lost by either side.

You can't change someone's beliefs on the Internet.

I said 'because science' because that's what's going to come up in the next few pages.

Ever wonder why prayer and god are slowly being removed from the world?

Is the world getting dumber as we go?

Has intelligence moved us to a more realistic place?

VN Store

Back