President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

Oh yeah. If I was buying for the first time today with zero equity I would have major problems getting into a home. Today the American dream of home ownership is tough for people in the lower middle class as a first time home buyer.
This is simply untrue. Folks just wanted to reset the definition of a “starter home” to be =>2,000 sq ft with at least 2.5 bathrooms and a 2 car garage. My “starter home” was a 20 year old 1350 sq ft with 1.5 baths and a 1 car carport and we were ecstatic to get it. These historic Lu low mortgage rates have skewed the perception and now that rates are headed back towards more traditional norms folks are crying about what they can afford. Later in life as our finances improved we were able to move up to nicer housing. Young folks, welcome to the world of get to work and keep improving your circumstances like your parents did. I know this is an unpopular opinion to share but someone show me the error of my thinking please

This is simply untrue. Folks just wanted to reset the definition of a “starter home” to be =>2,000 sq ft with at least 2.5 bathrooms and a 2 car garage. My “starter home” was a 20 year old 1350 sq ft with 1.5 baths and a 1 car carport and we were ecstatic to get it. These historic Lu low mortgage rates have skewed the perception and now that rates are headed back towards more traditional norms folks are crying about what they can afford. Later in life as our finances improved we were able to move up to nicer housing. Young folks, welcome to the world of get to work and keep improving your circumstances like your parents did. I know this is an unpopular opinion to share but someone show me the error of my thinking please

Which builder is building 1350 square feet starter homes for $150k or less?

No one I’d suspect because you make more money building larger homes which folks have been able to afford with 3% mortgages. Maybe we will see builders shrinking the size of some of their entry level homes to fit the new interest rates after their stuck holding a bunch of bigger homes they can no longer sell?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
No one I’d suspect because you make more money building larger homes which folks have been able to afford with 3% mortgages. Maybe we will see builders shrinking the size of some of their entry level homes to fit the new interest rates after their stuck holding a bunch of bigger homes they can no longer sell?

We will know within the next year.

The $150K market right now is reserved for multi family units. Labor/trades are the limiting factor which forces the builder to "larger" projects, either as a larger single family unit, or to multi-family units..... builder makes most profit on a million dollar project, that he sells to 8 buyers.

lol........

You remind me of a story my daughter's boyfriend recently told.

He was doing a job at a warehouse in Pennsylvania and one of the employees told him he would be scared to live in GA because of all of the alligators.
Never seen any gators around atlanta. But i've seen plenty around fort stewart and okeefonokee (spelling) swamp.

Probably more than the rural towns in those areas.

You mean rural towns aren’t like Chicago, New York, or Atlanta?! I bet you thought that was an insult, cool now do crime rates per capita. I bet St. Louis and Detroit are listed but Chickamauga, Ga and Cedar Bluff, Al aren’t. I bet many people avoid most urban areas for that reason not because they are “thriving”

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back