President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

Laws constraining freedom are those without a victim.

That's not always true, and one big exception is lobbying that brings laws that favor people who can buy political representation to the detriment of others. The left is pretty duplicitous in that respect; they will turn and make laws that favor a voting block that can only deliver votes. For example, laws regarding eviction and rent stabilization, or legislation to pay student loans. We are way beyond laws to protect people and too much into laws that benefit some over others as a means to buy votes. Bribes and payback. Many laws constrain freedoms and they do have victims whether they simply limit legal rights, are confiscatory, or redistribute wealth and income.

Reactions: McDad

This man, Joe Biden, has been in government for 50 years & still doesn't know what he's doing.
Team Biden is the opposite of what a government is suppose to be. They deliberately create chaos & lawlessness in the country.... while a government is suppose to serve it's people, maintain order & try to have tranquility of a society. Potato Joe is destroying & creating a hostile division among the population .... he's not bringing Unity to America as promised.

Of course there are unnecessary laws. But people too often see laws as purely limiting and impediments to freedom. But it is often the complete opposite. Laws are also empowering and facilitating in that they set norms that allow people to take action based on those norms knowing what the likely results will be.

Most of them. The necessary laws are probably more the ones that protect the rights of basically all others. Laws against murder for example. For example, laws against carrying weapons would be unnecessary because weapons have uses such as self defense even though they could be used to commit murder, but laws against murder (the intentional taking of another life without doing so in self defense) are apparently a necessity because some people don't seem to get civility.

Reactions: McDad
That's not always true, and one big exception is lobbying that brings laws that favor people who can buy political representation to the detriment of others. The left is pretty duplicitous in that respect; they will turn and make laws that favor a voting block that can only deliver votes. For example, laws regarding eviction and rent stabilization, or legislation to pay student loans. We are way beyond laws to protect people and too much into laws that benefit some over others as a means to buy votes. Bribes and payback. Many laws constrain freedoms and they do have victims whether they simply limit legal rights, are confiscatory, or redistribute wealth and income.
You missed the larger argument and I'm sorry but when I see a post with "the left/right..." I tune out. Trying to pretend one side is any more guilty is a fools errand. The last 2 decades show both teams are absolutely not working for the people. Maybe drop that mess and then have a discussion.

Assuming you have moral views as well as political views, how many are unnecessary to you?

For a lawyer, those would be laws that don't result in nice settlements. I've always wondered who defends a murderous Chicago thug; you just know they don't really have deep pockets.

You missed the larger argument and I'm sorry but when I see a post with "the left/right..." I tune out. Trying to pretend one side is any more guilty is a fools errand. The last 2 decades show both teams are absolutely not working for the people. Maybe drop that mess and then have a discussion.

To an extent I agree. Both sides cater to the wealthy. Both sides cater to groups who can deliver votes (AARP for example). However, I don't think you are going to see the GOP out of a clear blue sky offering to pay student loans or pushing other legislation that attempts to redistribute wealth and income. I'll stand by there is a difference in who pushes stuff for the "downtrodden" even if you believe it's a fool's errand.

To an extent I agree. Both sides cater to the wealthy. Both sides cater to groups who can deliver votes (AARP for example). However, I don't think you are going to see the GOP out of a clear blue sky offering to pay student loans or pushing other legislation that attempts to redistribute wealth and income. I'll stand by there is a difference in who pushes stuff for the "downtrodden" even if you believe it's a fool's errand.

You mean like the $2T Trump gave away which included a half trillion untraceable to pay off his buddies. He also promised he would spend more than pelosi wanted if reelected. They also redistribute our money to pay off plenty of donors, esp the defense industry. Why has the gop not cut spending? Because they still have debts to pay off and do with our money

If money must be given out it should go back to people rather than corps.

Reactions: LouderVol
Imagine the impact of the mandate on Black and Hispanic employment (already lagging) given these disparities in vaccination rates.

View attachment 393541

Makes you wonder if all those minority folk can't get vaccinated because they don't have IDs? Maybe biden needs to just mail out vaccines to unvaccinated minorities and claim they are now vaccinated. Makes you wonder about the illegally here people - like how can you count people who don't exist.

You lost me at “strong economy”.

Well, we buy a lot of stuff ... at least while the accumulated wealth lasts and nobody call the debt. Now there's that other part about not building (manufacturing at home with our natural resources) and accumulating wealth or repaying debt.

You mean like the $2T Trump gave away which included a half trillion untraceable to pay off his buddies. He also promised he would spend more than pelosi wanted if reelected. They also redistribute our money to pay off plenty of donors, esp the defense industry. Why has the gop not cut spending? Because they still have debts to pay off and do with our money

What is this untraceable $2T bit? I heard it attributed to Treasury Secretary, but what is that about?

Have you ever stopped to think that the defense industry and spinoffs are probably one of the few remaining US industries that employ US labor and pump money back into the economy via wages? Wasteful, perhaps, but at least there is an actual product produced and people employed vs moving money from one bucket to another while skimming enough to pay a hugely bloated federal bureaucracy.

Look at the new Jeep commercial that touts US manufactured "with parts made elsewhere".

Have you ever stopped to think that the defense industry and spinoffs are probably one of the few remaining US industries that employ US labor and pump money back into the economy via wages? Wasteful, perhaps, but at least there is an actual product produced and people employed vs moving money from one bucket to another while skimming enough to pay a hugely bloated federal bureaucracy.

Look at the new Jeep commercial that touts US manufactured "with parts made elsewhere".
The product being produced requires war and death to sustain. It requires a complicit govt to push that. Yes I've stopped to think about it

Reactions: Christian Lowe
The product being produced requires war and death to sustain. It requires a complicit govt to push that. Yes I've stopped to think about it

Not necessarily. Afghanistan proved you can just haul military equipment in and abandon it somewhere. If not for some major industries like aircraft and military hardware that we build with US labor and sell elsewhere and natural resources and farm products, I'm beginning to think we'd have nothing on the positive side of the trade account books. If we could export laws ...

It also requires that we be prepared to meet the threats of tomorrow. Trump made many attempts at reducing the cost of equipment i.e. his discussions with Boeing. I am a for military spending.

You don't get car insurance because you expect to wreck. You get it in case you wreck. You don't buy a gun just because you want to shot somebody. You buy it in case you have to shoot someone.

It is commonly known the Obama/Biden administration let our cache of weapons and equipment age, and spending slowed in comparison to other government programs.

Now if you are just going to give it to the Taliban then it's malfeasance.

Reactions: Wireless1 and AM64

VN Store

Back