Presidential Debate 2020

The town hall format should be more structured with fewer interruptions from Trump. However, the questions asked don't usually lead to specifics concerning substantive policy, but instead general discussions of issues currently in the news.
To which the candidates respond by repeating their talking points. Over and over and over again. Even if it doesn't directly address the question asked.

Are you going to watch?

Reactions: BowlBrother85
To which the candidates respond by repeating their talking points. Over and over and over again. Even if it doesn't directly address the question asked.

Are you going to watch?
I'm sure I will look in on it. With the notable exception of the Gore v Bush debate in 2000 (which I thought really helped Bush) the town hall debate is usually the most boring, but that might be a good thing for these two particular candidates. Hostility didn't work last night. That was unwatchable.

I'm sure I will look in on it. With the notable exception of the Gore v Bush debate in 2000 (which I thought really helped Bush) the town hall debate is usually the most boring, but that might be a good thing for these two particular candidates. Hostility didn't work last night. That was unwatchable.
I didn't watch last night.

I won't watch any of them.

Give me one reason, not having to do with morbid curiosity, why you would want to waste your time hearing stuff you have already heard multiple times? As if anything either candidate is going to say is going to change your mind?

I'll read about it the next day, shake my head and say to myself, "What a sh!t show."

I didn't watch last night.

I won't watch any of them.

Give me one reason, not having to do with morbid curiosity, why you would want to waste your time hearing stuff you have already heard multiple times? As if anything either candidate is going to say is going to change your mind?

I'll read about it the next day, shake my head and say to myself, "What a sh!t show."
That's true, but presidential debates are usually at least coherent, if not substantive or focused. I've never seen a debate with so much cross talk, and it even included the moderator. Trump interrupted Biden so much, that Biden rarely had to complete a thought. That is a very questionable strategy when you believe your opponent is in cognitive decline. You should want that opponent to have the floor as much as possible. Biden is more likely to commit a gaffe than Trump is to say something brilliant.

That's true, but presidential debates are usually at least coherent, if not substantive or focused. I've never seen a debate with so much cross talk, and it even included the moderator. Trump interrupted Biden so much, that Biden rarely had to complete a thought. That is a very questionable strategy when you believe your opponent is in cognitive decline. You should want that opponent to have the floor as much as possible. Biden is more likely to commit a gaffe than Trump is to say something brilliant.
Oh, the old rope a dope?

Glad I wasn’t feeling well and went to bed early. Looks like I missed a total cluster between Trump, Biden, and Wallace.

Glad I wasn’t feeling well and went to bed early. Looks like I missed a total cluster between Trump, Biden, and Wallace.
Pretty much.
I remember the first time I started voting write in or 3 rd party for president. It was because I couldn’t believe the Bush Vs Gore was the best the 2 parties had to offer. I now long for those days.
I don’t know how anyone can this there was a winner last night

Fair analysis. After taking a bit of time thinking back on the debate...you know, all we really see of Trump, in a meeting type setting, you know, sitting around a big table, press yelling questions, he seems pretty calm. Goes around the table, nodding, maybe a question etc...

After tonight, I wonder if he acts like he did tonight when someone tells him something he doesn’t wanna hear or disagrees? You know, when it’s behind closed doors.

More importantly, I wonder if others are asking the same question?

If last night was any indication, I'd be willing to bet he talks over and interrupts those that oppose him.

Pretty much.
I remember the first time I started voting write in or 3 rd party for president. It was because I couldn’t believe the Bush Vs Gore was the best the 2 parties had to offer. I now long for those days.
I don’t know how anyone can this there was a winner last night

It was embarrassing.

Reactions: NEO and newarkvol

VN Store

Back