Pro-Russia Trump Led Republicans Vote Against NATO

If you go against all evidence of past Russian aggression, sure.
I look at recent history of idiotic foreign policy and the US getting engaged in foreign wars. Much easier to send troops when they can say "but they're NATO" instead of having to make an actual case. Look at the lengths they went to in Syria to get us involved. Now we have Ukraine which isn't our fight either but will end up being paid by our children.

Several questions:
1. Does Congress vote on who is let in NATO, or is that a NATO decision?
2. Congressional reps are there to represent the people of their district; how is NATO business germane to those Americans in their districts?
3. Why do some of you care if Swe and Fin are NATO members?
4. Why do some of you agree these idiot politicians made the right choice on the matter?

I was surprised, too. Did not know that Congress votes on NATO membership.

Meanwhile, what bonehead in the GOP is letting Gaetz continue in Congress. I would have thought they'd have quietly ushered him out by now.

Reactions: tvolsfan
Talks of joining nato is how Ukraine became invaded by Russia. So are your u willing to go their and die?
lol....Russia invaded Ukraine because they were trending pro-western. Had Ukraine been in NATO, Russia would never have invaded.

Reactions: tvolsfan
lol....Russia invaded Ukraine because they were trending pro-western. Had Ukraine been in NATO, Russia would never have invaded.
Pretty simple concept. Unless people here actually believe Russia wouldn’t retake the Baltics and eastern Poland if they could.

Russia is far less likely to attack countries part of the formal alliance. Come on, you understand this.
I’m not trying to defend Russia, but outside of Ukraine, Georgia and Chechnya, who else have they invaded or attacked? And in that regard, are they any worse than the US?

VN Store

Back