PSA: Support Spyre and The Volunteer Club

They will not send a physical ticket. When you purchased the ticket, you should have received a confirmation email and that email is all you need for entry. You can either print the email or you can pull it up on your phone when you arrive.
And if you can’t find the email, you can also pull up your order history on the website and you should see your purchase there.

Need this now more than ever. And specifically, not just volunteer club but donations to the football excellence fund. Want better results? It starts with not starting Ollie lane and a walkon tackle at center. Heupel still needs to get rid of some sub par players and upgrade the talent at various positions. We can complain on our message board but that makes the noise worse and the results unchanged. Want to help creat change? It starts with these two giving opportunities.

Need this now more than ever. And specifically, not just volunteer club but donations to the football excellence fund. Want better results? It starts with not starting Ollie lane and a walkon tackle at center. Heupel still needs to get rid of some sub par players and upgrade the talent at various positions. We can complain on our message board but that makes the noise worse and the results unchanged. Want to help creat change? It starts with these two giving opportunities.
This. We're going to need to be big spenders in the portal this coming offseason, and there's one way we as fans can contribute to that. To have that opportunity and also get benefits like tailgate access, merch discounts, etc., seems like a no-brainer for crazies like all of us who frequent this board.

Reactions: Ericvol2096
Doesnt matter how much Spyre has, we won’t bid for players. If we offer a player a certain amount and he comes back saying X school gave him X amount, we will tell him to walk

Doesnt matter how much Spyre has, we won’t bid for players. If we offer a player a certain amount and he comes back saying X school gave him X amount, we will tell him to walk
That’s been said by LA Vol before. Verse and Maugioa or whatever the kids name at Miami would’ve been nice last week

Not sure that's entirely accurate. That is, if Spyre's budget goes up then so do the relative amounts per player. So if our budget is $12M then a 5-star Edge player is worth $X. But if the budget is $18M then that same player is worth $1.5X.

That's probably an oversimplification, but it's definitely inaccurate that if Spyre has more money it won't impact how much we can spend.

The Vol Club continues to host the best tailgates on campus, and this weekend will be no exception. Multiple players from the 1998 National Championship team will be at our tailgate, which starts at 2:00 and is open to all Vol Club members who are the Checkerboard level and up.

Join us!

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
I spoke with a couple of gentlemen with the Volunteer Club when I was at the ex-player tailgate this past weekend. One was a Mr Matthew's. They were really nice guys. I haven't signed up yet because I'm slow to sign up for ongoing memberships but I'm considering it more than before. It touches home when you're basking in home game festivities.

PS - I'm not an ex-player. I just have contacts.

I spoke with a couple of gentlemen with the Volunteer Club when I was at the ex-player tailgate this past weekend. One was a Mr Matthew's. They were really nice guys. I haven't signed up yet because I'm slow to sign up for ongoing memberships but I'm considering it more than before. It touches home when you're basking in home game festivities.

Hard or soft?

Reactions: BreatheUT

Wife and I love it. The Night in Neyland was great. We got a picture with Ziegler, there was an open bar, gator was on the menu, it was a great time. And depending on what tier of membership you sign up for, you’ll get quarterly signed photos

Last edited:
Wife and I love it. The Night in Neyland was great. We got a picture with Ziegler, there was an open bar, gator was on the menu, it was a great time. And depending on what tier of membership you sign up for, you’ll get quarterly signed photos
Glad you’re enjoying it! Obviously the membership perks are great but the fact that we’re all contributing to putting the best teams on the field and the court make those icing on the cake.

@BreatheUT hope you join up soon!

The Vol Club continues to host the best tailgates on campus, and this weekend will be no exception. Multiple players from the 1998 National Championship team will be at our tailgate, which starts at 2:00 and is open to all Vol Club members who are the Checkerboard level and up.

Join us!

I’ll be there! You?

Is it acceptable to bring a couple things to get signed? Might be the only chance I ever get.

Join us!

How do you get the tickets for the tailgate? Says to download them in your digital wallet?

I’ll be there! You?

Is it acceptable to bring a couple things to get signed? Might be the only chance I ever get.
I’ll be there!

Yes, you can bring a couple of items to be signed. Sounds like there aren’t going to be tables set up though, so want to be judicious with what you bring.

Last edited:
Reactions: vol_in_ga
I’ll be there!

Yes, you can bring a couple of items to be signed. Sounds like there aren’t going to be tables set up though, so want to be judicious with what you bring.
And obviously a lot of people will have the same desire, so being judicious if for no other reason than to be respectful of the former players time, as they are there to have fun and mingle in addition to the assumption that fans will want their John Hancock.

Reactions: jvols1999
I got an email that says your invited but I don't see a link or anything for a digital passport or do I somehow upload the email? Sorry in advance!
The email with your passport should have come shortly after you joined. Search your emails for subject line including: Mobile Wallet Pass

Reactions: Glitch
Along with Al Wilson, I will also be doing a meet and greet at the Vol Club tailgate. I will be signing autographs and taking pictures with my fans. Be sure to see me first as Al's lone will most likely be significantly shorter.

Along with Al Wilson, I will also be doing a meet and greet at the Vol Club tailgate. I will be signing autographs and taking pictures with my fans. Be sure to see me first as Al's lone will most likely be significantly shorter.
How will we know what you look like?

VN Store

Back