Random, Thoughts, X,XXIV

I apologize.
The mine in question that uses slave labor averages 1.5 deaths per battery material they produced. Estimate is in the 12-15k range but real information is hard to come by.

Should not have started this in the zone. Pollution is a real trigger for me. And battery production is about as bad as it gets
I should have read more before posting. I just saw that the plant is in Louisiana, and my immediate thought was, “Poor Louisiana, another damn chemical plant spewing God knows what into the air, ground, and Mississippi River.”

I’m sorry. I don’t know that there are any viable solutions any more unless we all revert to Flintstonemobiles.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
tl;dr

Preface: I used to build and repair golf clubs a lot in the 90s and early 00s, and the back of my garage is a combo workshop/former club-building shop with what is still a pretty good stock of steel/graphite shafts, grips, heads. It's one of those things that I don't want to get rid of all of it, but I just tired of doing it and it all takes up space.

So we needed to replace the curtain sheers in the upstairs sunroom (after 18 years).

And my wife and I decided what to do with the old sheers and began a project yesterday.

Materials: old graphite golf shafts I was never going to use (tip end of shaft inside butt/grip end of shaft) for the entire length of the screened porch on two sides, old sheers from sunroom, eye hook screws for the corners, cup hook screws for the supports, and of course the versatile zip tie to hold the shafts tightly against the cup hook screws.

The result 20220711_182551 - Copy.jpg20220711_182558 - Copy.jpg20220711_182602 - Copy.jpgResized_20220711_185742 - Copy.jpeg

and in the last pic, little man figured out I was taking pics and he was in a hurry to at least be part of it haha

Last edited:
tl;dr

Preface: I used to build and repair golf clubs a lot in the 90s and early 00s, and the back of my garage is a combo workshop/former club-building shop with what is still a pretty good stock of steel/graphite shafts, grips, heads. It's one of those things that I don't want to get rid of all of it, but I just tired of doing it and it all takes up space.

So we needed to replace the curtain sheers in the upstairs sunroom (after 18 years).

And my wife and I decided what to do with the old sheers and began a project yesterday.

Materials: old graphite golf shafts I was never going to use (tip end of shaft inside butt/grip end of shaft) for the entire length of the screened porch on two sides, old sheers from sunroom, eye hook screws for the corners, cup hook screws for the supports, and of course the versatile zip tie to hold the shafts tightly against the cup hook screws.

The result View attachment 472083View attachment 472084View attachment 472085View attachment 472086

and in the last pic, little man figured out I was taking pics and he was in a hurry to at least be part of it haha

Very, very nice, you all did a Great job!!

Reactions: GordonC

VN Store

Back