Randy Sanders.....

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 22, 2005 5:21 PM
where do you get three games at. i would give them maybe one. our defense sucks. hope we turn it around this year.

Georgia, Notre Dame, Texas A&M

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Jan 22, 2005 5:21 PM
B Johnson, K Simon, R Fellows, P Harylson, T McBride, J Harrell, is just a start from the Bama game on

Allowing 93 points from South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Kentucky is flat-out inexcusable. I don't care if we had second-stringers.

UF, UGA, and Auburn are the only competitive games on that schedule. If any other game is close we played like crap!!!!!!

Our first bout against Auburn was the only FULL game we played terrible all year on offense. I don't know where you got the idea that 28 ppg is bad.

One of Vince Lombardi's maxims was that a good team will almost never allow their opponnents to score more than 20 points in a game. If you do that, a fairly competent offense should be able to get the job done.

against that schedule it's easy to pad offensive #'s. Give me the #'s against the 3 competitive squads. X- Vandy,Ky,La Tch, SC, and the patsies. Christ it is not that hard to see the truth is it.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jan 22, 2005 8:28 PM
Our first bout against Auburn was the only FULL game we played terrible all year on offense. I don't know where you got the idea that 28 ppg is bad.

One of Vince Lombardi's maxims was that a good team will almost never allow their opponnents to score more than 20 points in a game. If you do that, a fairly competent offense should be able to get the job done.

The Auburn game was a mess from go. Try watching the Cotton Bowl as a T-A&M fan and tell me how they could have won that game.

Lombardi's maxim was to give up ZERO points. If his squad gave up 20 points they would practice after the game!

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Jan 22, 2005 8:37 PM
Lombardi's maxim was to give up ZERO points. If his squad gave up 20 points they would practice after the game!

And what's wrong with that ?

could you imagine practicng after a game. well i can't!!!!!!

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Jan 22, 2005 5:32 PM
against that schedule it's easy to pad offensive #'s. Give me the #'s against the 3 competitive squads. X- Vandy,Ky,La Tch, SC, and the patsies. Christ it is not that hard to see the truth is it.

I will keep it simple, just total yardage and points scored.

Opponnent / Points scored / yardage
Louisiana Tech - 42 points, 595 yards
South Carolina - 43 points, 412 yards
Vanderbilt - 38 points, 425 yards
Kentucky - 37 points, 606 yards.

Where is this terrible offense you speak of?

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 22, 2005 5:39 PM
could you imagine practicng after a game. well i can't!!!!!!

I've done it. It sucks.

That was Lombardi's quote when preparing for one of his Super Bowl games. Lombardi was a coaching god, but he was also realistic. If the defense allows less than 20 points in a game, that is, no more than two TD's and no more than two FG's, that should give the offense enough room to win.

you have really donr that before. man i feel pity for you. that sucks.

Originally posted by milohimself+Jan 22, 2005 8:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself @ Jan 22, 2005 8:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vols2345@Jan 22, 2005 5:39 PM
could you imagine practicng after a game.  well i can&#39;t&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I&#39;ve done it. It sucks.

That was Lombardi&#39;s quote when preparing for one of his Super Bowl games. Lombardi was a coaching god, but he was also realistic. If the defense allows less than 20 points in a game, that is, no more than two TD&#39;s and no more than two FG&#39;s, that should give the offense enough room to win. [/quote]
And acted like it was expected.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 22, 2005 5:44 PM
you have really donr that before. man i feel pity for you. that sucks.

Yeah, it was my freshman year in high school. We went 3-7... But we usually had good defense, just couldn&#39;t do anything on offense. Anyways, we allowed 41 points one game and our coach made us run donkeys after the game.

Around here, a donkey is running around the field once, army crawl for fifty yards, stop, do twenty chop-and-drops, then army crawl the rest of the fifty.

Milo, what am I not making clear? Against those teams that is only expected. That is where our 28 point avg came from. C&#39;mon man. We didn&#39;t score points against a QUALITY defense all year. I don&#39;t want to argue. And in case you go there UF sucked.( remember their Miami game, and the U sucked )

im lost. what are we arguing about. i tried reading it but im kinda confused.

our offensive stats were racked up against inferior opponents, in my opinion. I said we only played 3 quality teams and all other victories are to be expected. And by double digit margins also.

well i dont pay attention to stats. you get to worried about stats then you lose confidence in your team. just worry about the w. just worry about the w

Ok First post guys. Im glad I get to post about Randy seeing as how I can&#39;t stand him. This guy has done nothing to help his cause. We have the best offensive talent nearly every year coming out of high school. We&#39;re always top 10 in terms of our recruits. Chavis always does a wonderful job. He&#39;s always solid but Sanders stats dont lie. This website backs me up. I believe Cutliffe left after 1998? is that right? and look at our stats on O since then. (http://www.thecpp.com/teams/tenn_1998.htm) Clausen, Lewis for a year or 2, Henry, Stephens, Houston, Riggs and we still (up to this year) got worse at running the football. I think the biggest thing holding us back is Randy Sanders. Our Talent will overrule him next year and the year after though. We should be up there with Oklahoma and USC but I believe sanders is holding our team back. Thanks cya guys&#33;

i thought sanders was the oc for our national championship run. im i wrong? if i am im sorry.

VN Store

Back