Ready to be called a Negavol, but here's a real question

I think that we will be able to actually run the ball this year, like old times. Just need a QB that can manage the game and make a few plays here and there.

Any realistic Vol fan would be happy with 7 wins. If we win 8 games, you guys can join my beer shower celebration in the parking lot after we win the Music City Bowl.

I think that we will be able to actually run the ball this year, like old times. Just need a QB that can manage the game and make a few plays here and there.

Any realistic Vol fan would be happy with 7 wins. If we win 8 games, you guys can join my beer shower celebration in the parking lot after we win the Music City Bowl.
Will there be midget juggling?

It's like I'm posting in Chinese. People's inability to make a distinction between objectivity and allegiance is unreal.

All I'm saying is that when I looked at that game I thought to myself, "they're still Florida and they've got great athletes. We need to pump the brakes a little. ".

Your continued stance in the face of idiocy is incredible.

Reactions: 1 person
Why? I know we've been down and some would love to see 8 wins, but 8 wins is nothing monumental. It's a step in the right direction, no doubt about it. Now 10+, that's a different story.

8 wins for this year's team would be outstanding. I think alot on here are really overestimating how good we actually are, but you always get this near the start of every season when alot of fans are in "orange glasses" mode.

I want this to be a good season too, but realistically this team will do well to win 6 or 7 games in the regular season. I think Butch has potential here, but this season is going to be a rebuilding one more than anything else.

Reactions: 1 person
See the post Florida reaction from last year.

I've never seen our fans go into complete denial like they did leading up to that game. It was like Florida suddenly forgot how to play and one decent win meant we were contenders for the SEC East.

You're only telling half the story ... lots of gurus around the nation last year were predicting that Florida would be more vulnerable than usual. We played them at Knoxville. We lead them at halftime 14-10. At the end of 3 it was still only a one score game. So it's not like there was no way we could have beaten them and everybody in the USA but Volnation knew that. At that time we didn't know how scorchable the D could be under that D coordinator, when the same personnel weren't that bad the year before.

Reactions: 2 people
You're only telling half the story ... lots of gurus around the nation last year were predicting that Florida would be more vulnerable than usual. We played them at Knoxville. We lead them at halftime 14-10. At the end of 3 it was still only a one score game. So it's not like there was no way we could have beaten them and everybody in the USA but Volnation knew that. At that time we didn't know how scorchable the D could be under that D coordinator, when the same personnel weren't that bad the year before.

I never said we had no chance. It's just that after I saw us live in the Ga Dome, I was afraid we weren't as good and Florida wasn't as bad as advertised.

8 wins for this year's team would be outstanding. I think alot on here are really overestimating how good we actually are, but you always get this near the start of every season when alot of fans are in "orange glasses" mode.

I want this to be a good season too, but realistically this team will do well to win 6 or 7 games in the regular season. I think Butch has potential here, but this season is going to be a rebuilding one more than anything else.

I've mentioned this season has a 2009 feel to me. I'm gonna stick with that, with the possibility of hitting 8 wins. I think we've got the talent to compete, but the SEC and NC runs probably won't start until '15.

I never said we had no chance. It's just that after I saw us live in the Ga Dome, I was afraid we weren't as good and Florida wasn't as bad as advertised.

I didn't think people gave Florida enough credit for winning at A&M the week before. I was surprised that some thought that close score meant to Gators were beatable. But that all goes out the window when you consider the "Sal Factor". :)

Reactions: 3 people
if Oregon stomps us by 24 points, then the next week I will still go into the game thinking we have a chance to beat Florida..

Then if Florida beats us by 21, I will still go into the UGA game thinking we have a chance to win..

And so on.. forever and ever.

Its called supporting your team.

You should try it sometime.. the players really appreciate it

if Oregon stomps us by 24 points, then the next week I will still go into the game thinking we have a chance to beat Florida..

Then if Florida beats us by 21, I will still go into the UGA game thinking we have a chance to win..

And so on.. forever and ever.

Its called supporting your team.

You should try it sometime.. the players really appreciate it

This thread is like the movie Groundhog Day.

Even if UF gets us early we'll get revenge in the Georgia Dome late. Muschamp can't beat us twice, even in a year where we are rebuilding the skill positions.

VN Store

Back