Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably something to do with the fact that Squirrel was down with :10 left and our striped friends let the clock run down to :07 before crediting us with the first down stoppage and timeout.

View attachment 591367
That wasn't the only clock discrepancy throughout the night. I noticed KY was getting a favorable clock a few other times as well.

So, my early hot takes on this exhibition.
When it was announced I wasnt a fan of the transfers Barnes brought in.
1. Gainey has a more polished game than I anticipated, I thought he would come in just chucking like a wild man.
2. Knecht has more to his game than I thought, I was expecting a spot up shooter camping behind the 3 point line.

So, my early hot takes on this exhibition.
When it was announced I wasnt a fan of the transfers Barnes brought in.
1. Gainey has a more polished game than I anticipated, I thought he would come in just chucking like a wild man.
2. Knecht has more to his game than I thought, I was expecting a spot up shooter camping behind the 3 point line.
So no bashing Barnes today..?

Defenses (for the most part) are playing us different

While we don’t throw the deep ball as much as last season the disparity isn’t as much as you’d think. Hooker averaged 5.5 20+ throws a game, Joe (prior to tonight) averages 4.7 a game

I think the big difference is Hooker completed way more. Joe has 8 this year, Hendon had 26 completed last year. What’s odd is Joe was 14/28 last year on passes 20+ yards
The actual number may be closer to last year but I would have to go back and track it for certain for this year. Hendon averaged over 6.18/game (68 in 11 games) from what I could find.

But I was moreso referring to our lack of scheming up open wide receivers compared to prior years which originated from my claim that we miss Golesh and me agreeing that playcalling has been "weird" this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back