Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my early hot takes on this exhibition.
When it was announced I wasnt a fan of the transfers Barnes brought in.
1. Gainey has a more polished game than I anticipated, I thought he would come in just chucking like a wild man.
2. Knecht has more to his game than I thought, I was expecting a spot up shooter camping behind the 3 point line.
Shocked…

I don’t mean it in a Joe is just missing the open WR way.

I think Hookers mastery of the offense and the trust the coaches had in his decision making allowed them to run a lot more option routes and that he was part of them being able scheme guys open by checking into the right plays etc.

I watched UCF a lot when Heupel was head coach there because my wife is an alum, and while he’s always been able to dial up big plays and get guys open, last year was the best I’ve ever seen his offense look and I think Hooker deserves a lot of credit for that.
I agree with that.

The actual number may be closer to last year but I would have to go back and track it for certain for this year. Hendon averaged over 6.18/game (68 in 11 games) from what I could find.

But I was moreso referring to our lack of scheming up open wide receivers compared to prior years which originated from my claim that we miss Golesh and me agreeing that playcalling has been "weird" this year.
i think it has more to do with us keeping it basic for Joe…. Similar to what Kiffin did for Crompton… It’s also why at times this year… we have been content to go to half time instead of pushing the ball like we did with Hooker.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
So Kentucky was so bad at QB they had to use Bowden from WR

Then Levis sticks his entire career and has this outing as a pro…

Then Devin Leary goes from a Unitas finalist to dog poop….

Kids, what have we learned today about Mark Stoops development at QB?
Screen Shot 2023-10-29 at 3.41.40 PM.png

Last edited:
If that's true then our administration is enabling the poor officiating by being silent. CJH needs to say something with or without administration approval.
I'd like to see him challenge the officials more on the sideline. Sometimes jawing at them gets you the calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back