Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would not make the playoff, but I would not care. Would be the best season since 1998 and top three in my lifetime.
We would be close like first team out, depends what happens to other conferences. We would have 3 top 10 wins and beat the team that beat us in regular season. Fun hypothetical to think about

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I wouldnt have a clue. Seems like that would take a very specialized litigator. I would think there would only be a select few in the Nation, who would be able to present in this case. But geez, that was gruesome.

It will be very difficult to get a conviction here, in my opinion. I just think establishing any level of intent would be difficult, because of the sport.
I don't know what their "levels" are. For the US, I agree a 1st degree murder would be difficult to prove. But I don't think 2nd degree is much of a stretch. There is nothing about what he did that is natural. He lifted his skate up and turned his body so that his skate would intentionally contact the guy around the neck/face/head area.

Since it's England, not sure how their system works compared to ours but he should be in jail. Felony murder/murder 2 or the equivalent. Malicious move, intentional to harm places it to murder. You stab somebody and they die, it's felony murder. Not manslaughter. Hope they are serious about charging for this.

Since it's England, not sure how their system works compared to ours but he should be in jail. Felony murder/murder 2 or the equivalent. Malicious move, intentional to harm places it to murder. You stab somebody and they die, it's felony murder. Not manslaughter. Hope they are serious about charging for this.

I don't think he intended to kill him. He probably didn't even intend to seriously injure him - just be a dirty enforcer who knocks the crap out of the other guy. However, he performed an action where there's reason to believe the results will be injury or harm.

The best time to visit the Gulf Shores, Destin, 30A, PCB corridor is from late September to late October, if you’re able. Incredible weather, minimal traffic and crowds, and the gulf is still warm.
Just don’t plan it way in advance. Peak hurricane season for Florida is August through October.

I don't think he intended to kill him. He probably didn't even intend to seriously injure him - just be a dirty enforcer who knocks the crap out of the other guy. However, he performed an action where there's reason to believe the results will be injury or harm.
I don't know. If you wanted to be dirty player/enforcer, I think you find a way to blind-side check the guy. Or if you're bound and determined to do something dirty, do something with your stick. You lift that skate up, you're intending significant harm and should reasonably expect that you could cause a serious injury, and that death isn't outside the realm of possibility.

It's like another poster said, if you enter a situation with a gun or knife but are only intending to scare someone, but you end up causing their death with the gun or knife, you should be charged with some form of murder.

That was either a freak accident where he lost his balance or he wanted to cut his neck and if he died be damned. I don’t see a middle ground. He’s gotta be a psychopath.

As I post it.

You mean there's a chance we get another Danielson called game?

giphy.gif

I don't know. If you wanted to be dirty player/enforcer, I think you find a way to blind-side check the guy. Or if you're bound and determined to do something dirty, do something with your stick. You lift that skate up, you're intending significant harm and should reasonably expect that you could cause a serious injury, and that death isn't outside the realm of possibility.

It's like another poster said, if you enter a situation with a gun or knife but are only intending to scare someone, but you end up causing their death with the gun or knife, you should be charged with some form of murder.

But a skate isn't a gun or a knife and those are what you use to establish intention when there's no motive. If you look at the definition of voluntary manslaughter this is it. He acts in the moment and the result is death. Trying to prove much beyond that is very likely to fail unless there's a history of him having it out for the victim. Him being a dirty player kinda goes both ways - it shows a pattern of recklessness but it also shows that it's just that - recklessness.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Question for those that listen to podcasts: what are y’all favorites as it relates to Tennessee? I listen to 247 and VQ’s (which I like). Locked On Vols just gets repetitive sometimes for me. Just curious if they’re any others out there that I should check out

Reactions: orangejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back