Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean there's a chance we get another Danielson called game?

giphy.gif

We’ll see him one more time on Nov 18th for the UGA game. Then, we will say goodbye.

UNLESS we somehow made it to Atlanta…

Question for those that listen to podcasts: what are y’all favorites as it relates to Tennessee? I listen to 247 and VQ’s (which I like). Locked On Vols just gets repetitive sometimes for me. Just curious if they’re any others out there that I should check out

I’ll listen to both 247 and VQ just to have something strictly Vol athletics related to listen to. VQ is the better of the two. Hubbs and AP are more connected and levelheaded. Wes Rucker’s voice and quips really annoys me. I also find it hypocritical when he says at the end of every podcast “be kind and decent to each other” when we know damn well that he has said and tweeted some god awful things in the past.

In 10 years of doing this, I’ve only been affected by a TS or hurricane twice, but that is the risk. Otherwise, the weather is near perfect, and it never rains like the popup storms in the summer.
Yeah, we’ve been the same timeframe a couple times too. It is definitely nice. We just didn’t book the rental property until a week or two before when we did. Since the tourism has slowed down around this time period there are still plenty of rentals available, at least in our experience these two times.

We just had bad luck with a rental, albeit this was in SC 5 years ago, where the rental property owner at first didn’t want to refund our deposit even with a hurricane hitting the same week. It took us getting the rental company involved to get it back. Now we just wait if we are planning for a late summer beach trip.

Yeah, we’ve been the same timeframe a couple times too. It is definitely nice. We just didn’t book the rental property until a week or two before when we did. Since the tourism has slowed down around this time period there are still plenty of rentals available, at least in our experience this two times.

We just had bad luck with a rental, albeit this was in SC 5 years ago, where the rental property owner at first didn’t want to refund our deposit even with a hurricane hitting the same week. It took us getting the rental company involved to get it back. Now we just wait.

I luckily have family that has a home that we can pick when to visit. That sounds like a nightmare and you’re doing the right thing by waiting. There’s plenty of rentals available. You’re probably able to score some last minute desperate deals. We had to cut our trip short once for Hurricane Nate and another for Hurricane Michael.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Here's Joe Milton's TN resume after UK.

3109 yds 62.6% comp. 25 TD's 4 int's 464 rush yds 6 TD's 9-3 as a starter

Currently 19th all time with a better comp % than Andy Kelly, Tee Martin, Dewey Warren, Tony Robinson, Tyler Bray, Condredge Holloway, Casey Clausen, Josh Dobbs, Erik Ainge, Peyton Manning and...JARRETT GUARANTANO

Just pointing that out...

The city of Houston practically forced them out of the city. So she has a right to troll the old social set in Houston, because it’s literally their fault that Tennessee has had a team since 1997 to begin with

AND the city was so stupid they didn’t even try to hold onto the Oilers rights like Cleveland did before they moved to Baltimore

City of Houston is at fault

I lived in Houston at that time and was a strong Oilers/Rockets/Astros fan. Bub Adams pushed the City of Houston for renovations to the Astrodome which he got. After a couple other owners held up their cities for new stadiums, Bud went back to the City asking for a new stadium before they had even put a dent into the Astrodome renovations bond repayment. Needless to say the City and the taxpaying Oiler fans told Bud to not let the door hit him on the but on the way out.

The City of Houston, like many big city governments can screw up a lot of things up. That was not one of them. That one was squarely on bumbling Bub Adams.

Currently 19th all time with a better comp % than Andy Kelly, Tee Martin, Dewey Warren, Tony Robinson, Tyler Bray, Condredge Holloway, Casey Clausen, Josh Dobbs, Erik Ainge, Peyton Manning and...JARRETT GUARANTANO

So why does our offense still look and feel dysfunctional? Most of Milton's passes have been to Squirrel and the RBs. WRs can't seem to catch them with any consistency (though I'm hoping that's changing with Nimrod getting snaps and Donte back from injury) and OL is shaky in pass pro. OL is downright in trouble whenever any single one of the starters go down. About the only thing that's been trustworthy is the RB corps. Red zone woes point to more OL issues.

So why does our offense still look and feel dysfunctional? Most of Milton's passes have been to Squirrel and the RBs. WRs can't seem to catch them with any consistency (though I'm hoping that's changing with Nimrod getting snaps and Donte back from injury) and OL is shaky in pass pro. OL is downright in trouble whenever any single one of the starter's go down. About the only thing that's been trustworthy is the RB corps.
I think we all knew we were in line for several seasons of being thin at a lot of positions where one starter goes down and we are in trouble. Still think we are a couple seasons away from being a talented and deep team. I think we are currently talented but struggle with our depth in several key spots. Reality is though, unless your one of a handful of teams, that’s very typical of college football.

it’s the system

I think we all knew we were in line for several seasons of being thin at a lot of positions where one starter goes down and we are in trouble. Still think we are a couple seasons away from being a talented and deep team. I think we are currently talented but struggle with our depth in several key spots. Reality is though, unless your one of a handful of teams, that’s very typical of college football.

I really think a lot of it is on the OL. They're doing enough to where we can get down the field but that's all they've got in them. It's why we need Milton running and why we need some deep passes that go for TDs. Get us in a line vs line situation and ours is apt to get stood up right now.

Also just to be clear, I think the SEC has a winner bias not purely Bama/Saban.

Nicky just proved himself early on to be a horse you could hook the cart to. If Cal wasn't fumbling the bag the Wildcats would still be getting it themselves in basketball (they still get some favoritism, but it's really pulled back).

So Kirby could be the next cart puller if he can keep winning without pulling a Les Miles/Ed O level of fumble. "Win us championships by any means necessary, but don't get caught"
I think the SEC got really spooked by the early season games. All the SEC is down talk and they might get left out of the playoff. The bell cows really looked vulnerable and that made them nervous.

I lived in Houston at that time and was a strong Oilers/Rockets/Astros fan. Bub Adams pushed the City of Houston for renovations to the Astrodome which he got. After a couple other owners held up their cities for new stadiums, Bud went back to the City asking for a new stadium before they had even put a dent into the Astrodome renovations bond repayment. Needless to say the City and the taxpaying Oiler fans told Bud to not let the door hit him on the but on the way out.

The City of Houston, like many big city governments can screw up a lot of things up. That was not one of them. That one was squarely on bumbling Bub Adams.
isn’t Houston the real winner here? They don’t have the Titans/Oilers representing them.

I don't think he intended to kill him. He probably didn't even intend to seriously injure him - just be a dirty enforcer who knocks the crap out of the other guy. However, he performed an action where there's reason to believe the results will be injury or harm.
. Misinterpreted

Reactions: SugarCC
That's manslaughter, imo. I didn't know this was recent or that he'd died. That was def. not an accident or freak accident. That exact injury has killed people before (I thought this was old footage of an incident I'd heard about because of that).
Someone almost died from a very similar type of hit, but his was actually an accident. This guy swung his leg with intent to injure. Maybe not kill, but he knows what's this blades are capable of. . . .every hockey players knows. Should definitely be manslaughter. . . aggravated assault resulting in death . . use of weapon. . . felony murder.

Last edited:
Question for those that listen to podcasts: what are y’all favorites as it relates to Tennessee? I listen to 247 and VQ’s (which I like). Locked On Vols just gets repetitive sometimes for me. Just curious if they’re any others out there that I should check out

Swain and Ben McKee do a 1 hour -1:30 show on Tuesday and Thursday morning.

I don't know what their "levels" are. For the US, I agree a 1st degree murder would be difficult to prove. But I don't think 2nd degree is much of a stretch. There is nothing about what he did that is natural. He lifted his skate up and turned his body so that his skate would intentionally contact the guy around the neck/face/head area.
Depends on the state and its laws. Second degree in TN is an intentional (or knowing) killing without pre-meditation. Reckless homicide is probably what fits, and that is a felony.

Someone almost died from a very similar type of hit, but his was actually an accident. This guy swung his leg with intent to injure. Maybe not kill, but he knows what's this blades are capable of. . . .every hockey players knows. Should definitely be manslaughter. . . aggravated assault. . .

Yes, I'm agreeing it's manslaughter. I don't think it was intentional but it's still manslaughter. (Actually lemme clarify - he intended to harm, the same way you or intend harm when we push, kick or hit someone, but not necessarily to kill or even cause a serious injury). It's when a shove turns into someone cracking their skull open and dying. You still killed them but it wasn't your intention.

If he doesn't fulfill his duty-obligation to giva💩 for his team and the school that is dumping hundreds of thousands of dollars into his education...then dump his sorry *$$ for somebody who does....let him go get a free education from somewhere that doesn't care about football.

Of course this is all speculation, so I will add the obligatory...allegedly...I hope it is not true and is just a few people mouthing off, but the preponderance of anecdotes we get about him that say this sure do seem to line up with the fact of his complete dearth of adding anything to the team so far...except taking up space on the sideline..

His motto seems to he the opposite of the rest of the team...."I ain't doin 💩 for Tennessee today"
Or the opposite of Cardale Jones.. Nichols did in fact “come here to play school” … and nothing else lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back