Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm agreeing it's manslaughter. I don't think it was intentional but it's still manslaughter. (Actually lemme clarify - he intended to harm, the same way you or intend harm when we push, kick or hit someone, but not necessarily to kill or even cause a serious injury). It's when a shove turns into someone cracking their skull open and dying. You still killed them but it wasn't your intention.
Yeah, may get bumped to a murder of some sort, since his blade was a weapon and he had intent to injure. Aggravated assault resulting in death would be murder #?

I feel like the Missouri game will be 3:30 unfortunately, if they put the uga game in that slot then they will likely have 4 straight games on cbs. And Tennessee Missouri will be a better game then UF-LSU

Reactions: Govolsman98
But a skate isn't a gun or a knife and those are what you use to establish intention when there's no motive. If you look at the definition of voluntary manslaughter this is it. He acts in the moment and the result is death. Trying to prove much beyond that is very likely to fail unless there's a history of him having it out for the victim. Him being a dirty player kinda goes both ways - it shows a pattern of recklessness but it also shows that it's just that - recklessness.
Yeah, kinda describes manslaughter, doesn't it?

Yes, I'm agreeing it's manslaughter. I don't think it was intentional but it's still manslaughter. (Actually lemme clarify - he intended to harm, the same way you or intend harm when we push, kick or hit someone, but not necessarily to kill or even cause a serious injury). It's when a shove turns into someone cracking their skull open and dying. You still killed them but it wasn't your intention.
Manslaughter in TN is the intentional killing in the heat of passion. Still includes intent. TN does not have involuntary manslaughter- it has reckless homicide.

Yeah, may get bumped to a murder of some sort, since his blade was a weapon and he had intent to injure. Aggravated assault resulting in death would be murder #?

I don't think it would be bumped up because hockey is a physical sport where you do try to clobber the opponent and skates are a part of the uniform. It would be different if he pulled those skates out of the car and used them to hit someone but defense is going to say that he was off balance and the kick was a reflex to set himself back up. Harm is somewhat built into the sport. I'd keep it at manslaughter. And even though I think it's manslaughter, it wouldn't really surprise me if he's not charged at all because it was during an athletic event. More often than not that's the case. But a message does need to be sent that you can't be that reckless even in sport.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Well, if that is correct, it is nonetheless completely flat-footed on her part not grasp how her preening Houston obsession and regalia mania plays in Tennessee. Like I said earlier, without that I think the throwbacks would have been a big hit.
Nm...

Last edited:
Reactions: Orange.
Manslaughter in TN is the intentional killing in the heat of passion. Still includes intent. TN does not have involuntary manslaughter- it has reckless homicide.

I didn't realize Tennessee still had a 'in the heat of passion' clause. AKA the angry husband's defense.

Reactions: VolGee4
The best time to visit the Gulf Shores, Destin, 30A, PCB corridor is from late September to late October, if you’re able. Incredible weather, minimal traffic and crowds, and the gulf is still warm.
Big facts. Was there end of September. water was perfect

Reactions: gordonr24
I lived in Houston at that time and was a strong Oilers/Rockets/Astros fan. Bub Adams pushed the City of Houston for renovations to the Astrodome which he got. After a couple other owners held up their cities for new stadiums, Bud went back to the City asking for a new stadium before they had even put a dent into the Astrodome renovations bond repayment. Needless to say the City and the taxpaying Oiler fans told Bud to not let the door hit him on the but on the way out.

The City of Houston, like many big city governments can screw up a lot of things up. That was not one of them. That one was squarely on bumbling Bub Adams.
Loved the Oilers while I lived in Houston but hated Bud Adams.

Reactions: mrMet and VFLBerg
Sounds a bit like my thoughts on Dallas. Love the team but not a fan of the Owner. I miss Tex Schramm all these years later.
Jerry Jones is an acquired taste ..either you love him or despise him.....biggest mistake he ever made was breaking up with Jimmy Johnson...they left about 2 more titles on the table...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back