Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall that and thought it was a terrible spot in real time. Official is not even in the screen in the first shot.
Ball spots are probably the most egregious and obvious calls showing these guys can't see **** from 20 yards away in real-time. I had to watch this same crap 20 times a game where they were 1+ full yard completely off. They're basically just guessing...and we would be too in their spot. But the difference in a 3rd and 3 vs 3rd and 1 can change entire games. It's stupid.

AT LEAST let sensors and tech help spot the damn ball. It's like balls and strikes in baseball.

I lived in Houston at that time and was a strong Oilers/Rockets/Astros fan. Bub Adams pushed the City of Houston for renovations to the Astrodome which he got. After a couple other owners held up their cities for new stadiums, Bud went back to the City asking for a new stadium before they had even put a dent into the Astrodome renovations bond repayment. Needless to say the City and the taxpaying Oiler fans told Bud to not let the door hit him on the but on the way out.

The City of Houston, like many big city governments can screw up a lot of things up. That was not one of them. That one was squarely on bumbling Bub Adams.
Agree to disagree. Which city is whining about not having the oilers history? Can’t fault the owner wanting what’s best for the franchise, and ultimately the city. Instead, they now moan and groan about the franchise’s history not being theirs

Police are at least considering charges.

Unclear by some on social media? These men aren't figure skating. Unless you get upended, your skates stay on the ice. He lined him up and "intentionally" launched a side kick into the opposing players upper torso. Did he mean to kill him? Was he just trying to rearrange his face? I don't care. If I walk into an ice skating rink and side kick someone I don't like in the neck and it kills them, I am going to jail for murder. This makes me sick and it is caught by TV cameras. There is no "guessing" here. I feel sick for his parents. I feel sick for his teammates. I just feel sick. I have never, ever seen that in a hockey game, and I watched Marty McSorley.

Ok asked my British LEO friend about the hockey player and he said it would basically come down to whether or not the act could be considered poor play and therefore an accident. IOW is he just a terrible skater/hockey player and his inept skating to blame or was it criminal assault. If it's criminal assault then it's manslaughter. He said there's precedent in both football and boxing and that the other elements of manslaughter in English law would be trivial to prove.

Halloween is right around the corner, dads. Those little goblins, stormtroopers, and princesses are gonna have to pay off some debts tmrw night. 🍭 🍫 👻 👸🏻 🧙 🎃

View attachment 591684

*provided they don’t freeze to death.. 🥶
Have been eating candy since Saturday...grandkids went to trunk or treats over Weekend...

Ok asked my British LEO friend about the hockey player and he said it would basically come down to whether or not the act could be considered poor play and therefore an accident. IOW is he just a terrible skater/hockey player and his inept skating to blame or was it criminal assault. If it's criminal assault then it's manslaughter. He said there's precedent in both football and boxing and that the other elements of manslaughter in English law would be trivial to prove.
I doubt any prosecutor would indict. All you need is reasonable doubt in 1 of 12. The reddit post above is enough for that. "I was just trying to impede his forward progress so he couldn't move the puck."

The defense attny looks earnestly at the jury.

"Women and men of the jury..." Gestures toward the defendant. "Every one of these men know when they skate onto that court that it's a dangerous, physical, game of skill and grit. They take that chance when they skate out there."

"Do any of you have kids? Imagine one innocent tackle that goes wrong... They toss a bat after a homerun... They spike a volleyball... Would you want your son or daughter sitting in that chair? Would you want their life in the hands of strangers because they all chose to play a dangerous sport?

As sad as this situation is, don't make it sadder. One mother has lost a son. Don't take another's..."

Saban has respect that Heupel hasn't earned yet.
Well, the SEC officials' professional assessment of whether the behavior of a coach on the sideline merits a penalty should absolutely be identical for every coach. What you are describing -- impunity for Bama, while others are penalized for the identical action -- would just be yet another example of biased officiating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back