Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
On3
@On3sports
·
8m
Dabo Swinney was asked by a fan during his coaches show why Clemson's paying him a huge salary ‘just to go 4-4’. His response:

“You're part of the problem. If you wanna apply for the job, go for it. And good luck to you"
(via @chapelfowler)

View attachment 591705
He's just lightening up the bandwagon a little more. . . all part of the plan to return them to perpetual mediocrity.

On3
@On3sports
·
8m
Dabo Swinney was asked by a fan during his coaches show why Clemson's paying him a huge salary ‘just to go 4-4’. His response:

“You're part of the problem. If you wanna apply for the job, go for it. And good luck to you"
(via @chapelfowler)

View attachment 591705
#soonScreenshot_20231001_143716_DuckDuckGo.jpg

On3
@On3sports
·
8m

(via @chapelfowler)

View attachment 591705
This is so enjoyable, I love seeing this. Dabo is dangerously close to losing that fanbase and I love it. DiG in Dabo, its the fans fault!

He was checked right before/as it happened. How are you gonna prove it was an intentional act to injure and not a freak bang bang play?
It would be hard to, even though anyone with eyes can see he intentionally threw his blade toward the upper torso. Every hockey players knows how dangerous that is and how much damage it could do. Can't really prove he was doing more than what he thought was a hockey move, even though it's plain to see that he was.

I don't think it would be bumped up because hockey is a physical sport where you do try to clobber the opponent and skates are a part of the uniform. It would be different if he pulled those skates out of the car and used them to hit someone but defense is going to say that he was off balance and the kick was a reflex to set himself back up. Harm is somewhat built into the sport. I'd keep it at manslaughter. And even though I think it's manslaughter, it wouldn't really surprise me if he's not charged at all because it was during an athletic event. More often than not that's the case. But a message does need to be sent that you can't be that reckless even in sport.
It looked pretty damned vicious too me. Way beyond reckless IMO.

If they do this....I'll either vomit...or cheer.

Haven't decided yet.
They may not look so bad, if you take the checkerboard off the sleeves. Get a blue helmet to go with it...wouldn't bother me if they wore them every once in awhile in remembrance of Pat and Alzheimer awareness.

I'd have to see them on the field, though...to really make an opinion.

isn’t Houston the real winner here? They don’t have the Titans/Oilers representing them.
They had a brand loyalty fully embraced by the fans. OILERS in TENNESSEE was never going to work long term. League got it right with the Browns…failed here.

On3
@On3sports
·
8m

(via @chapelfowler)

View attachment 591705
Good! Hopefully their fanbase cook’s his ass. Damn goober 🙄

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back