Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking more about prison, lol.

In all seriousness, that reddit post is top notch PR but it doesn't jibe with the video. I don't doubt that Petgrave didn't intend Johnson to be killed or even badly harmed but Johnson still wound up dead because of the actions Petgrave took. You can be a decent, caring, human being and still wind up at fault for someone else's death. That's how fragile life is and why thinking about your actions matters.

On3
@On3sports
·
8m
Dabo Swinney was asked by a fan during his coaches show why Clemson's paying him a huge salary ‘just to go 4-4’. His response:

“You're part of the problem. If you wanna apply for the job, go for it. And good luck to you"
(via @chapelfowler)

1698713536500.png

On3
@On3sports
·
8m
Dabo Swinney was asked by a fan during his coaches show why Clemson's paying him a huge salary ‘just to go 4-4’. His response:

“You're part of the problem. If you wanna apply for the job, go for it. And good luck to you"
(via @chapelfowler)

View attachment 591705

Ouch - lashing out at the fans is never a good sign... when you are collecting $10m, you just have to sit there and take it. That's part of why they pay you so much.

Yes, I'm agreeing it's manslaughter. I don't think it was intentional but it's still manslaughter. (Actually lemme clarify - he intended to harm, the same way you or intend harm when we push, kick or hit someone, but not necessarily to kill or even cause a serious injury). It's when a shove turns into someone cracking their skull open and dying. You still killed them but it wasn't your intention.
That would be the weakest manslaughter charge to ever be brought in the history of dumb prosecutions.

As an attorney practicing criminal defense, I would be absolutely shocked if he got charged and would bet my house he wouldn't get convicted at trial.

Also consent makes this unlike something that happens on the street. In sports you consent to the dangers of the game. Outside of sports you do not. If I punch some and kill them in the street, it's manslaughter. If I do it during a boxing match, it's not.

Someone almost died from a very similar type of hit, but his was actually an accident. This guy swung his leg with intent to injure. Maybe not kill, but he knows what's this blades are capable of. . . .every hockey players knows. Should definitely be manslaughter. . . aggravated assault resulting in death . . use of weapon. . . felony murder.
He was checked right before/as it happened. How are you gonna prove it was an intentional act to injure and not a freak bang bang play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back