Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s different.

Was the punch to the head an in-game mid-play move?

Driving and drunk driving is not inherently violent. Hockey is. If he was trying to hurt the guy, the only thing that matters is was it “legal” or “illegal” within the rules of hockey. It’s the difference between a “good hit” and a “dirty play”, but it’s still a “play”, not a criminal act. You can’t take the play out of its context to seek justice for the tragedy. You might as well sue the whole league and all its players that have knowingly took part in it.

I feel you that it's different than a guy sucker punching someone because it's mid play. The precedent for someone to be charged for something they did in a sporting event is there though, at least somewhat related to this. Hockey is inherently violent but I've personally never seen someone kick a sharp skate at someones' neck/head intentionally, mid game or not. It probably has happened, just saying it's at least rare. When the sport requires you to wear sharp objects on your feet that can cut someone, I believe it's against the law and rules to use them intentionally to maim someone, mid game or not. I'd equate it to a football or soccer player forcefully stomping a players head with cleats and the player dies. Both could be considered violent sports but that's totally out of context of the play. Sure, he attempted to make it look like an accident, and proving the intent to injure may be difficult. I'm pretty sure this will go in front of a judge to make that call though. So, we'll see.

bare “knuckled” yeah sure Weez, we know where that is headed… hard PASS.
Twss GIF - TWSS - Discover & Share GIFs

You're welcome. We had to pressure the network. -- Sankey prolly

A prior poster made a good point. This could wind up as a CBS game, because it would make it likely 4 consecutive weeks that Georgia will play on the network and they’ve already played 2 prior games this season.

I’d rather deal with Gary and get an afternoon game rather than listen to Jordan Rodgers in the cold for a 6:30 SECN game.

Second degree murder (in the US, for comparison) doesn't require intention, nor does manslaughter. There is also an explicit category for involuntary manslaughter. Recklessness and/or negligence is a sufficient condition. If he were an ordinary Joe, most prosecutors would overcharge him and then offer him a "deal" to plead guilty some form of manslaughter or risk the sentence of the greater charge at an expensive trial. Of course, athletes in the US beat hell out of people, stomp their heads, act as accessories to murder, etc., with no criminal repercussions. I have seen on-court assaults in basketball that imo warranted criminal charges.

I don't think it was a hockey move.
Meanwhile, in the Alabama men's basketball meeting room...

Watched the first one last night. Still holds up. Incredible in all facets, the perfect horror movie.

I watched the 3 most recent ones that came out the last 5 or so years. The first of that trilogy is pretty good but the 2nd and 3rd are ridiculous.

A prior poster made a good point. This could wind up as a CBS game, because it would make it likely 4 consecutive weeks that Georgia will play on the network and they’ve already played 2 prior games this season.

I’d rather deal with Gary and get an afternoon game rather than listen to Jordan Rodgers in the cold for a 6:30 SECN game.
The rule of thumb is that, as the visitor, the earlier the game the better.
As the host team, the later you can play the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back