Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the first one last night. Still holds up. Incredible in all facets, the perfect horror movie.

I watched the 3 most recent ones that came out the last 5 or so years. The first of that trilogy is pretty good but the 2nd and 3rd are ridiculous.
Our caddy master hasn't seen "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and I haven't seen 'The Shining."

We are both watching them tonight.................... :oops:

I think the fact that he had the whole “kick some people off the bandwagon” speech or whatever it was a week or two prior paints a larger issue. Heat is coming down on Dabo for the trajectory of their program at present and he isn’t handling it well at all.. even if what he said last night was mostly right in the grand scheme of things. He could have handled both situations a lot better but he didn’t. That’s what I take away from it all.
He’s exhibiting some of the more concerning symptoms of late-stage Butch Jones disorder. Somebody needs to send him Saban’s preferred coffee ratio to get him ready for that analyst comeback gig.

Also, this would be interesting in Neyland:

Dan Furman had been waiting for a while for a Saturday night like that in Louisville.

The president of Louisville’s 502 Circle NIL collective reflected on the win over Notre Dame on Sunday morning. Sure, the Cardinals knocked off then-No. 10 Wake Forest last year.

But Saturday night’s win felt different. Louisville handled the Fighting Irish on a night that ultimately ended with Cardinal fans storming the field. With hometown son Jeff Brohm now as head coach, the Cards are 6-0 and appeared at No. 14 in Sunday’s AP poll, their highest ranking since the 2017 season.

Furman’s collective also had a successful Saturday night of fundraising. Announced as a “Flash Give” earlier in the week, during the first timeout of the second quarter, 502 Circle raised $50,849 for Louisville athletes. Fans were prompted to donate through in-venue QR codes and signage. Basepath assisted with the donation platform.

During the timeout, celebrities at the game including Donovan Mitchell, Jack Harlow and Peyton Siva all appeared on the video board, drawing even more attention to the Flash Give.

And if the guy had died during an actual allowed fight it would be completely different. And I think you realize that.

But using your stick or skate to strike someone about the head is much more akin to a ball player striking someone with his bat - an egregious breach of the rules.
There is no scenario in which I could imagine a batter striking a defensive player in baseball being part of a play (unless the catcher was crowding the plate and incidentally got struck during a swing on a pitch). Such a scenario would only every play out in a fight, in which case the use of a bat would clearly be a weapon used outside of the game to commit an assault.

After watching the video (which is really grainy), I'm left much more uncertain about the Adam Johnson play. it does not look like an intentional kick to me. Could it be? Sure. But it's far from clear. It's right in the middle of a play, Petgrave is coming in full speed, he gets hit and knocked off balance by a third player, he's turned sideways, he's falling at the time, and his foot goes up in the air while his knee is fully bent down towards the ground (which on it's own is far from a normal kicking motion). So, in total, it's as clear as mud to me what Petgrave's intentions were. That's all I can say. For those reasons, I would be shocked if he got charged and a good defense attorney would run circles around the prosecution at trial.

Ok, nice gentlemen of VN..I need some recommendations for a good scary movie tonight.🎃👻🕸️🕷️

Not scary in sense of a true Halloween picture. But, certainly an edge of your seat thriller

In all seriousnes, Pet Semetary has a new iteration out, Children of the Corn, Halloween movies are always good.

Last edited:

I hate using the phrase “poverty program” and hate when others use it. But this would be the definition of that. And it’s the reality of the NIL separating the haves and have nots. I’m glad that UT is a have. SC is one of the have nots.

Rewatching the game. It’s comical some holds called on us and none on them. A few times we had a run blitz that was perfect and every guy breaking through is turned around or held for no call. Third quarter was especially bad. They can’t be that inept without it being purposeful.

Rewatching the game. It’s comical some holds called on us and none on them. A few times we had a run blitz that was perfect and every guy breaking through is turned around or held for no call. Third quarter was especially bad. They can’t be that inept without it being purposeful.

Yeah maybe but tell us more about why you think Michael smith is a Vol.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
I can already envision what will happen during the Georgia game if we continue to get screwed by the refs. What happened in the Ole Miss game will be mild compared to it.

How about this. Our offense is sitting on the bench with their back turned to the field. They are planning the next drive. The running back from the other team is having a terrible game and is getting frustrated. The player has a history of ejections and dirty plays. Our defense strings the play out and he is forced out of bounds. He then runs full speed and launches himself into the back of the head of one of our offensive players. That player collapses and isn't moving. Later dies.

Dirty Play, 15 yard penalty and ejected for targeting? Homicide? Manslaughter? Suspended for season? What is the punishment then?

The hockey player was NOT making a hockey play.
Still not a good comparison. After the play. Not within the field of play.

The hockey player made a hockey play, just wasn’t a legal one.

Did shy turtle sue the uga player who intentionally dove at his knees, tearing his acl, which could have ended his career? Was that player charged criminally?

The outcome is dictating your reaction and opinion and unfortunately that’s not the way to look at it, no matter how upsetting the outcome is.

Let me ask this. Suppose petgrave is convicted of murder, it was his fault entirely: career is over, reputation is forever cemented in negativity, sued for everything he’s worth. EIHL and NHL and others don’t change anything, because it’s not their fault and they won’t assume responsibility, opening themselves to suit. Does that achieve what you want? It doesn’t prevent this from happening again. In fact, maybe it’s just as likely. Conversely, he doesn’t get charged criminally. He still lives with the guilt for the rest of his life. Those associations mandate neckguards. Maybe, the next time a dirty play inadvertently becomes a tragic play, dude doesn’t die. Heck, might not even be injured.

Either outcome does not bring back a life. Which would you prefer? That the offending player be punished and justice be served, or that actions be taken so it never happens again?

A prior poster made a good point. This could wind up as a CBS game, because it would make it likely 4 consecutive weeks that Georgia will play on the network and they’ve already played 2 prior games this season.

I’d rather deal with Gary and get an afternoon game rather than listen to Jordan Rodgers in the cold for a 6:30 SECN game.

#nevergary

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back