Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not a good comparison. After the play. Not within the field of play.

The hockey player made a hockey play, just wasnā€™t a legal one.

Did shy turtle sue the uga player who intentionally dove at his knees, tearing his acl, which could have ended his career? Was that player charged criminally?

The outcome is dictating your reaction and opinion and unfortunately thatā€™s not the way to look at it, no matter how upsetting the outcome is.

Let me ask this. Suppose petgrave is convicted of murder, it was his fault entirely: career is over, reputation is forever cemented in negativity, sued for everything heā€™s worth. EIHL and NHL and others donā€™t change anything, because itā€™s not their fault and they wonā€™t assume responsibility, opening themselves to suit. Does that achieve what you want? It doesnā€™t prevent this from happening again. In fact, maybe itā€™s just as likely. Conversely, he doesnā€™t get charged criminally. He still lives with the guilt for the rest of his life. Those associations mandate neckguards. Maybe, the next time a dirty play inadvertently becomes a tragic play, dude doesnā€™t die. Heck, might not even be injured.

Either outcome does not bring back a life. Which would you prefer? That the offending player be punished and justice be served, or that actions be taken so it never happens again?
Why not both. Again, your Tuttle explanation did not kill him. Regardless, we're arguing over nothing. We'll see what they do.

Not scary in sense of a true Halloween picture. But, certainly an edge of your seat thriller

In all seriousnes, Pet Semetary has a new iteration out, Children of the Corn, Halloween movies are always good.

Interestingly, that screenplay is roughly based on decades of UT football history.

Striking someone with your bat would not be part of a play. It would be an intentional act.
Just like trying to kick someone in the neck with your skate is an intentional act.

Both are egregious acts, well outside the rules of play.

Not sure how you watch the video and conclude he wasnā€™t trying to kick Adam Johnson. Unless thatā€™s simply what you want to see.

The dirtiest player in hockey just lost his balance, and accidentally put his skate in someoneā€™s neck.
Clearly you didn't read my post. First I didn't conclude that he wasn't trying to kick him in the neck. I said it's unclear. I cannot discern his intentions from the video. As to how you cannot be sure how I drew my conclusions, I clearly spelled it out in my post and provided the observations that led to my inability to draw a conclusion. Perhaps I'm not the one who "wants" to see something since you're the only one drawing definitive conclusions here.

Heā€™s committed to Sc without being committed. Lots of people working him but we have his QB who is working him hard.

Iā€™ve often wondered if heā€™s maybe visited on the DL but one of the VQ guys recently told me he hasnā€™t visited and we canā€™t take it serious unless he actually does. But definitely feels like with our need, our having his QB, location etcā€¦ weā€™d be a natural fit.

Apparently Auburn is pushing hard.

Heā€™s one of my biggest remaining wants in this class (along with Seaton).

Clearly you didn't read my post. First I didn't conclude that he wasn't trying to kick him in the neck. I said it's unclear. I cannot discern his intentions from the video. As to how you cannot be sure how I drew my conclusions, I clearly spelled it out in my post and provided the observations that led to my inability to draw a conclusion. Perhaps I'm not the one who "wants" to see something since you're the only one drawing definitive conclusions here.
These are your words

After watching the video (which is really grainy), I'm left much more uncertain about the Adam Johnson play. it does not look like an intentional kick to me.

You definitively state that ā€œit does not look like an intentional kickā€ to you.

You go on to post a bunch of equivocating nonsense, but thatā€™s your opening statement in bold.

I've been on the fence about Midsommar. I've heard that it's pretty messed up and even thriller/horror fans weren't too enthused.
Hereditary is better, but I quite enjoyed Midsommar. I like 70s and 80s horror and Midsommar really scratched an itch in the vein of Don't Look Now, the Wicker Man, Suspiria, and Rosemary's Baby.

I also quite enjoyed that it subverts the general horror convention of fear of darkness. It's a very bright and colorful movie revolving around the summer solstice. Florence Pugh is great as the lead too. It's definitely worth a watch though so you can decide for yourself.

A night game in Columbia, MO in mid November sounds so miserable.

Here's a scary movie.

Why not both. Again, your Tuttle explanation did not kill him. Regardless, we're arguing over nothing. We'll see what they do.
It didnā€™t kill him, but itā€™s closer to the ā€œintentionalā€ act that many are saying they see versus other examples. And T hat could happen, both. Just donā€™t see it. Of the two, the player being charged is far less likely imo. Itā€™s not in the interest of any of the players in these leagues or the leagues themselves to open up that type of potential liability and scrutiny each time the players take the ice.

Its like its a joke among NFL owners. Sign Dobbs, and make him the guy. All he's done is hold the fort down in retiree town.
He's getting rich in this role. Very smart. I wish he'd be the first player to play for every team. Then decide which one he wants to be the general manager for. Then decide which he wants to own. Then sell that team and buy a Rocketship and live out his remaining life on Mars.

These are your words

You definitively state that ā€œit does not look like an intentional kickā€ to you.

You go on to post a bunch of equivocating nonsense, but thatā€™s your opening statement in bold.
Actually, I said more than that which isn't nearly as declaratory as you try to make it sound.

After watching the video (which is really grainy), I'm left much more uncertain about the Adam Johnson play. it does not look like an intentional kick to me. Could it be? Sure. But it's far from clear. It's right in the middle of a play, Petgrave is coming in full speed, he gets hit and knocked off balance by a third player, he's turned sideways, he's falling at the time, and his foot goes up in the air while his knee is fully bent down towards the ground (which on it's own is far from a normal kicking motion). So, in total, it's as clear as mud to me what Petgrave's intentions were.
If you think that's nonsense then I'm sorry reading is hard for you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back