Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vols slowly turning into DBU and you Willie haters can’t even see it. First he elevated Alontae Taylor’s draft stock and put Theo into the league. Now he’s revitalized Hadden’s career and likely has him in position to get drafted as well. With Ricky Gibson III, Cai Bates, Jordan Matthews, and Boo Carter we will have dynamic athletic covering the entire field. Now with the pressure that Garner’s gang will assuredly produce, we will have the elite defense we’ve all been craving for 20 years
Agreed…the D is going to be a perfect compliment to Nico and the rest of the O under this staff…it just took a few classes to reload the cannons

You obviously don't have an understanding of statistics. Things like confounding variables can make things seem like they are correlated when they are not or not as strongly as they suggest. For example a treatment for weight loss may seem more effective than it is because the researcher neglected to take into account lifestyle changes. A dishonest person could inflate the effectiveness of the treatment by ignoring this confounding variable there by lying with statistics.
The raw statistics like passing yards or td's may suggest that Dobbs is the second best qb but there are other variables to consider, such as supporting cast, era, offensive system, etc.
That's exactly what I said bruh 😅

Statistics <> raw numbers

Statistics can lie.

The raw numbers don't lie. They can't. They're inert.

Fwiw Dobbs may not be 2nd behind Hooker (I'd put Manning for sure), but surely he's 3rd to 7th. Someone literally said he wasn't top 10 WTF 😳. Not sure why people are taking away from Dobbs so much out of nowhere. Dear god what's wrong with this place? He also did it under Butch...that's impressive alone 🤣

How much of that is based on him being rated a 5 star and you emotionally investing in that hype panning out?

I'm not saying Nico won't be great. I just think his star rating has more to do with your belief in his abilities than anything he's actually done at Tennessee.
What he did in high school against top competition vs D4H "eye test" and "film study".
Get-to-Learning-1.gif

Vols slowly turning into DBU and you Willie haters can’t even see it. First he elevated Alontae Taylor’s draft stock and put Theo into the league. Now he’s revitalized Hadden’s career and likely has him in position to get drafted as well. With Ricky Gibson III, Cai Bates, Jordan Matthews, and Boo Carter we will have dynamic athletic covering the entire field. Now with the pressure that Garner’s gang will assuredly produce, we will have the elite defense we’ve all been craving for 20 years
Kaleb Beasley should be in that group. Might be the best CB on the team if he were a Vol this year.

Anyone else thing the sec mike guys just troll for interaction?

They’re trying to grow a base. Negative or positive, they want clicks and interactions. My belief is that Michael Bratton aspires to be Paul Finebaum’s replacement and wants to have his own talk show.

How much of that is based on him being rated a 5 star and you emotionally investing in that hype panning out?

I'm not saying Nico won't be great. I just think his star rating has more to do with your belief in his abilities than anything he's actually done at Tennessee.
He's a 5 star for a reason. He's poised, calm, and has executed the office with very minimal mistakes in the little we've seen him. He can make every throw on the field and he directs the offense at the LOS better than most freshmen and sophomores. Haven't seen him in high stress situations yet, but everything I've seen is impressive. I was also impressed with Tayven Jackson but Nico has already looked better at this stage.

If their coaches were stealing signs, then they did not earn the right to play in the post season with their coaches on the sidelines. Their coaches cheated, and as much as I hate it for the players that doesn't excuse the coaches behavior. Our former coach cheated (although not nearly as grossly) and our current players are suffering the consequences of reduced scholarship teammates and the current coaches missing out on recruiting times. Sucks, but don't cheat.

Tennessee is 7th in the country in yards per carry on rushing attempts up the middle. Oh man, we got lots of fans that gnash their teeth at the quick runs up the middle.
We were ranked very high nationally in sacks too (someone will add the ranking) before the racketeering operation dba The Birmingham Office made an all-out assault on the strength of our defense for 3 or 4 games running.

Why don’t we not get torched by mizzouri tomorrow before we start to even think about forgiving Martinez for his past sins.

I was about to say the same thing. If Burden is out I wonder if it will allow us to play more man to man.
I think he's playing, they just know that he's legit hurt.

We better press him. Do NOT sit back in a damn zone.

Him limited limits a huge part of their offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back