Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes because that's why bama beat both Tennessee and LSU without giving up a point in the second half
LSU scored in the 2nd half.

But they allowed themselves to fall behind 13 by halftime? Or get whipped by Texas? Or us last year? Or not even make the playoffs last year? 😅

THE most talented team the last 12+ years running should be dominating everyone not named UGA or OSU. And yet Bama is literally at its lowest point since Saban arrived...what a strong theory...

Reactions: knoxvol52
Hey VN...........

I don't do stuff like this, but I know the love and compassion on this forum.

I have to put down my golden lab Phoebe today after 15 years. She truly saved my life during some very difficult life experiences. She has been my best friend since the day I brought her home and will be missed more than anyone can imagine.
Some thoughts and prayer would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

View attachment 594326

🙏🙏🧡🧡

If the sharps and big money were going to bet Tennessee -2, why wouldn't they have taken Tennessee at +1?
They tend to bet later once there's more info. It's like betting during the preseason...why? You're just accepting a bet with less info than there will be at gametime.

Hurts their potential opportunities sometimes, helps others, but they don't worry about that. May pull a bet that's gone sideways because of the public or, on the flip side, double down on one that's garnered more EV if it's gone their way. Moot.

(Speaking on sharps - generic big money is as useless as the public, if not more cavalier)

Reactions: jave36
Vols slowly turning into DBU and you Willie haters can’t even see it. First he elevated Alontae Taylor’s draft stock and put Theo into the league. Now he’s revitalized Hadden’s career and likely has him in position to get drafted as well. With Ricky Gibson III, Cai Bates, Jordan Matthews, and Boo Carter we will have dynamic athletic covering the entire field. Now with the pressure that Garner’s gang will assuredly produce, we will have the elite defense we’ve all been craving for 20 years

Sorry but until the majority of the fan base is not scared to death when the ball is in the air we shouldn't consider ourselves DBU Lmao.

Ok..I’m in an awkward situation right now..have a good friend that’s a Michigan fan..We we’re discussing the current scandal and I sent him a link to that post that is comparing w/l records before and after CS entered the picture..I’m getting silence right now..😬
View attachment 594391
Good, their little scheme indirectly cost us a chance at the playoffs. Let him have it.

It's fascinating that the conference is willing to suspend him from coaching on game days until the regular season ends, but then they want him available to coach games in the postseason.
Is it a jurisdiction thing?

I'm still not familiar with a conference punishing their own coach, but maybe they can enforce it in B1G vs B1G games. I'd be surprised if they had any power in interconference matchups.

Ok..I’m in an awkward situation right now..have a good friend that’s a Michigan fan..We we’re discussing the current scandal and I sent him a link to that post that is comparing w/l records before and after CS entered the picture..I’m getting silence right now..😬
View attachment 594391
I missed that post. Can you re-post it or post a link to the previous post?

Is it a jurisdiction thing?

I'm still not familiar with a conference punishing their own coach, but maybe they can enforce it in B1G vs B1G games only.
Michigan is a member of The Big We Can't Count Conference whether it's a regular season game or a post-season game, so I would think that the conference always has jurisdiction.

LSU scored in the 2nd half.

But they allowed themselves to fall behind 13 by halftime? Or get whipped by Texas? Or us last year? Or not even make the playoffs last year? 😅

THE most talented team the last 12+ years running should be dominating everyone not named UGA or OSU. And yet Bama is literally at its lowest point since Saban arrived...what a strong theory...
Having the best roster doesn’t always mean you will win. That’s why there are upsets. There used to be so many upsets in college football that every game every week was interesting. It has gradually become more boring every year since the playoffs started because only 4 teams can get in. So it became obvious that leagues started protecting their teams that might get in. Too many millions at stake. In the SEC a team can have a loss and still have good odds. If you were paying attention, the teams with one loss (especially AL since with their roster they should not lose 2) started getting favorable calls at convenient times. When they played TN last year both were undefeated…let it go. Play LSU…let it go so GA gets an easy route. This year playing TN and LSU, best for the SEC if AL wins. AL is at it’s lowest point because Saban is slipping and his coaching carousel plus drop off at QB and LB. But what convinced me was when I noticed it happening in other conferences. You don’t have to believe it. It’s more fun if you don’t. I am down to just watching Tennessee when I used to watch all day. Hope the expanded playoff helps by bringing in different teams and talent spreading out and conferences wanting more teams to get the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back