Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michigan is a member of The Big We Can't Count Conference whether it's a regular season game or a post-season game, so I would think that the conference always has jurisdiction.

From what I can tell, not definitive, but reading between the lines, they could still keep them from the B1G championship game...which would be a blow to their CFP resume.

But since the CFP is its own entity, the committee could still freely elect Michigan no matter what the B1G thinks. But they may take all of that into consideration ofc.

Cardinals will die on the hill with kyler not winning much…dudes overrated and a ego trip..I think dobbs is finally with a team that will invest in him since Kirk is gone after this year

Damn, that’s rough. That story isn’t that uncommon for a lot of players. I know things can change in the blink of an eye with trades and deals and what not in sports, but it’s wild the stories you hear about players finding out their livelihood through the media before ever hearing from a GM, owner or whoever. That’s what they sign up for and get paid a **** load of money for though.

From what I can tell, not definitive, but reading between the lines, they could still keep them from the B1G championship game...which would be a blow to their CFP resume.

But since the CFP is its own entity, the committee could still freely elect Michigan no matter what the B1G thinks. But they may take all of that into consideration ofc.
Yes. Michigan could still play in the CFP. Yes. The Big 10 Conference could still suspend Harbaugh from coaching in those games. Michigan doesn’t cease to be a member of their conference just because it’s a post-season game. However, they’re choosing no to do so.

Having the best roster doesn’t always mean you will win. That’s why there are upsets. There used to be so many upsets in college football that every game every week was interesting. It has gradually become more boring every year since the playoffs started because only 4 teams can get in. So it became obvious that leagues started protecting their teams that might get in. Too many millions at stake. In the SEC a team can have a loss and still have good odds. If you were paying attention, the teams with one loss (especially AL since with their roster they should not lose 2) started getting favorable calls at convenient times. When they played TN last year both were undefeated…let it go. Play LSU…let it go so GA gets an easy route. This year playing TN and LSU, best for the SEC if AL wins. AL is at it’s lowest point because Saban is slipping and his coaching carousel plus drop off at QB and LB. But what convinced me was when I noticed it happening in other conferences. You don’t have to believe it. It’s more fun if you don’t. I am down to just watching Tennessee when I used to watch all day. Hope the expanded playoff helps by bringing in different teams and talent spreading out and conferences wanting more teams to get the opportunity.
Do agree limited playoffs (and maybe NiL) has made gaps bigger. Social media plays a role too with so many top players following one another.

I was literally just looking at Michigan's classes. Back around 2015 they were #7-#9 most talented with mid-89 class averages. Now they're 10th-15th with similar averages. The talent is all going to the same places and is concentrated. Top teams have far bigger gaps vs even tier-2 teams than in the past.

Same reason we now see BCR graphics with multiple teams over 70...even 80%. And a growing list of teams aoart of the BCR club.

My one hope is that the expanded playoffs will show more kids they can "play for it all" just about anywhere.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
This sounds worse than Bruce Pearl's bbq lies. . . should get a worse punishment.
Harbaugh already got a mere trifling wrist slap for something very like the Pearl issue to start this year. Harbaugh had recruiting and practice violations combined with lying to the NCAA. His joke penalty: he could coach all week but couldn't enter the stadium against Balls Tate and a few other gimme games.

This is Harbaugh's second major violation and result joke wrist-slap this year. Such a privlileged team! Member of the NCAA's cheat-with-impunity club.

And the third the computer scandal at Michigan in January received no penalty at all, other than a fall guy getting the ax, and that whole thing has been covered up to this day.

This joke "punishment" actually gives Harbaugh the ability to say they have already been punished, if they win out. So it will enable Michigan to participate in the playoff with the cheating scandal no longer allowed to come up. Otherwise that would have been a huge uproar, and with good reason. This side-deal also effectively kills and covers up completely what Harbaugh's Michigan did to corrupt the playoffs last year.

Last edited:
Yes. Michigan could still play in the CFP. Yes. The Big 10 Conference could still suspend Harbaugh from coaching in those games. Michigan doesn’t cease to be a member of their conference just because it’s a post-season game. However, they’re choosing no to do so.
Could be. But I don't expect any P5 conference to risk their money once they know UM is in. And if they don't make it, they look high and mighty and just...right as the rest of the league cheats at the same time lol.

That would be huge news as he's been practicing. I thought it was well known he's full-go(?) I would not cry 🤔
This was the last I saw on an update on Burden. Has anything else come out I’ve missed? According to this he hasn’t been full-go but he has been practicing.

I think he plays. Idk if he will be 100%, but I bet he plays.

Reactions: ugg and Enki_Amenra
Could be. But I don't expect any P5 conference to risk their money once they know UM is in. And if they don't make it, they look high and mighty and just...right as the rest of the league cheats at the same time lol.
That was my point. The conference wants to improve its opportunity to cash in on Michigan’s CFP appearance should they get there. They either did something worthy of losing their coach for the season, or they didn’t. Be consistent and show some leadership.

Harbaugh already got a mere trifling wrist slap for something very like the Pearl issue to start this year. Harbaugh had recruiting and practice violations combined with lying to the NCAA. He could coach all week but couldn't enter the stadium against Balls Tate and a few other gimme games.

This is his second wrist slap this year. Such a privlileged team! Member of the NCAA's cheat-with-impunity club.

This "punishment" actually gives Harbaugh the ability to say they have already been punished, if they win out. So it will enable Michigan to participate in the playoff with the cheating scandal no longer allowed to come up. Otherwise that would have been an uproar, and with good reason. This side-deal also effectively kills and covers up completely what Harbaugh's Michigan did to corrupt the playoffs last year.
NCAA doesn't have anything to do with this punishment..for Harbaugh it's the Big Ten Conference doing it....NCAA will give them their sanctions 3 or 4 years down the road......As far as Harbaugh saying Michigan has been punished ..where is he going to say it from ..the sidelines of NFL....he will be long gone before this ever comes to punishment time for the school..

Good, their little scheme indirectly cost us a chance at the playoffs. Let him have it.
This "remedy" is directly tied to the move to completely and absolutely suppress those facts.

The Big 10 jumped in this move immediately after the 2022 playoff facts were revealed, and everyone pivoted to this Big Ten action, which was based on the lie that something needed to be done before Michigan's cheating "affected the playoffs."

NCAA doesn't have anything to do with this punishment..for Harbaugh it's the Big Ten Conference doing it....NCAA will give them their sanctions 3 or 4 years down the road......As far as Harbaugh saying Michigan has been punished ..where is he going to say it from ..the sidelines of NFL....he will be long gone before this ever comes to punishment time for the school..
I am saying this is three major sets of infractions at Harbaugh U in a year. The NCAA had this to do with the present case: they long had what they needed to bust Michigan, but Michigan is considered untouchable.

Last edited:
This was the last I saw on an update on Burden. Has anything else come out I’ve missed? According to this he hasn’t been full-go but he has been practicing.

I think he plays. Idk if he will be 100%, but I bet he plays.

I figured he would play the first day Drinky started this deal. It's no big deal.

H
Third major infraction with only wrist-slaps or less in a year. It pays to be in the NCAA's cheat with impunity club! Kansas basketball proud!
How long did process take for Tennessee to get their punishment ...for Jeremy Pruitt saga...dude you're acting like they should just snap their fingers and say ...4 year bowl ban and no CFP playoffs....due process has to accure..even though Michigan is guilty as hell.

I am saying this is three major infractions at Harbaugh U in a year. The NCAA had this to do with the present case: they long had what they needed to bust Michigan, but Michigan is considered untouchable.
I disagree ...Michigan will get their punishment but not until the process is finished by NCAA infractions committee....

How long did process take for Tennessee to get their punishment ...for Jeremy Pruitt saga...dude you're acting like they should just snap their fingers and say ...4 year bowl ban and no CFP playoffs....due process has to accure..even though Michigan is guilty as hell.
They aren't going to do anything. I think you misunderstand what I'm saying. And they can do anything they want. They don't have to wait 6 years until after Kansas wins the basketball title to say "well, it isn't fair to give them more than a wrist slap because all those guys are gone."

The NCAA is just the schools by a different name. It's not an "outside" oversight. Not that there exists any possible candidate for just outside oversight.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
From what we know of this one, it’s pretty straight forward. People need to quit giving people cop-outs for acting like children and acting like the world revolves around them.

The world was here long before us and will be here long after we go
People need to stop acting like they know everything, and be humble. None of us are perfect.

God was here before us, and will be here long after we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back