Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree ...Michigan will get their punishment but not until the process is finished by NCAA infractions committee....
Well, this is Michigan's best year to win the playoff, if one can judge by all the likely NFL picks on roster. So why should they care at all so long as their "punishment" is delayed. And I say, by then, the stacked recruiting classes will have been pouring in, no post season ban will happen, the trophy would be in hand, and their scholarship reductions will be tiny compared to ours. But after all, ours involved 50k in a bag! Gasp! One of Bama's high-end Dodge Chargers or Challengers costs more than $50k and there are too may to count for a decade! 😂 I'm not worried about it because I never expected that anything would happen to Michigan.

I actually think it benefits Michigan and the Big 10 and the networks, in the event that Michigan can win out. They now have a way to shut down in advance the controversy of UM participating in the playoffs. And the huge ramifications of their cheating last year has been completely swept under the table, never again to see the light of day. Unless you think some time in the distant future the NCAA of all people (the schools) will want to air the dirty laundry of the '22 playoff.

I think B1G, the networks, and CFP judged this action was better than the whole country fighting out this issue after the season and before and after the final CFP poll.

Last edited:
I think the biggest winner in today's B1G action is doofus Beamer! 😂 I bet he is so relieved to know they found a way to work this out without mentioning ever again and forever Michigan's culpability in giving one of Michigan's rival's signals to Beamer. And Beamer's wristbands. And Beamer's before and after record. All disappeared.
Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 5.52.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-10-31 at 5.38.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-10-31 at 5.51.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 5.46.47 PM.png

Also, I bet this brouhaha increases viewership of Fox's Michigan games. 😂 Money in the bank, boys.

Last edited:
Burden was never going to miss this game...nothing but a game of chess with Drink..whining I don't know if he will play....Drink knew Burden wasn't missing this game...😵‍💫😵‍💫
We also have said that slaughter was good to play on defense for Florida. He didn’t play a snap. He could play the whole game but I bet he only plays a few snaps

I just heard from P5 coach. Lots of schools and coaches knew what Michigan was doing. They are putting lots of pressure on Big10 and NCAA to hammer Michigan.
Coaches have know about this for over a year
And yet they said nothing...the HC fraternity is strong until one is exposed by an outside actor...interesting 🤔

Right! 😂 So what? 😂 😂 😂 We're waiting! Go ahead and do it! 😂

Also it's kind of ridiculous and disingenous how people posture about "due process" as if it is even close to a thing anymore, except in cases where it, by coincidence, is convenient.

Last edited:
Burden was never going to miss this game...nothing but a game of chess with Drink..whining I don't know if he will play....Drink knew Burden wasn't missing this game...😵‍💫😵‍💫
Thank you. It was an embarrassingly transparent game at that by Drinkowitz. We get it man.

Our secondary needs its best game of the year minus Hadden. I trust in Banks and Martinez...the players are still green.

The game plan vs Ky was to stop the run. DL pass rush was somewhat limited due to focus on run def.

Ky implemented a lot of new wrinkles in their passing game also during their off week. That made the DB performance look bad.

And yet they said nothing...the HC fraternity is strong until one is exposed by an outside actor...interesting 🤔
Didn't say anything because ...other coaches know this is done in some form almost everywhere....be careful could be opening Pandora's Box...

I don't think there's anything wrong with calling another coach and saying "hey we figured out during the game that this sign means that." Not exactly sportsmanlike, but I don't think there's a rule against it.

As opposed to Michigan institutionalozing attending opponents games in person to scout signals.
You're probably not old enough to remember when Jack Sells, a disgruntled UT assistant coach, who had been terminated for recruiting violations, faxed our play book to one of his friends on the Florida staff. It's never a good idea.

I hope Michigan burns themselves by getting a judge to let Harbaugh coach this weekend and then they lose. I mean if they really take their own conference to court, do you really think the Big 10 is going to be cool with that? Talk about pooping where you sleep.
That's like shooting your neighbor's dog or something. You just really don't care about your quality of life going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back