Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sucked. But it could be a blessing long term. I think it opened Heupels eyes more on some units not performing and gets him time to evaluate what’s going on during these road games.

Some times you need a game like that to reevaluate. Close losses usually don’t do much to move the needle for coaches and comes down to a few plays in their mind.
I really like the Glass half full Smyrna.

Pretty much performance based imo…looking at last night’s stats alone. Less than two year run with him markedly different than Daboll.
This is true..but McDermott is looking for a way to save his job ..which I see not working he gone if Bills miss playoffs...crystal ball sees Bill Belichick coaching Bills next season ...him and Allen at QB equals Super Bowl for Billy Boy...

Reactions: mrMet
We have to keep this Georgia game close. HAVE TO.

Like final drive, chance to tie/win the game close. I can’t take a 45-0 a$$ whooping, followed by a dispirited effort against Vandy and closing the season out against some stupid, mediocre B1G opponent on a cold-arse and rainy Nissan Stadium field.
I think the best strategy is to let Georgia out to a head start. That will go well...

prepare thine plums brethren.

This is true..but McDermott is looking for a way to save his job ..which I see not working he gone if Bills miss playoffs...crystal ball sees Bill Belichick coaching Bills next season ...him and Allen at QB equals Super Bowl for Billy Boy...
McDermott is definitely not getting the most out of the talent there. Surely someone can coach the recklessness out of Allen, or at least coach around it?

Reactions: knoxvol52
Anyone noticed that some people either say "I'm a vol fan" or "I'm a vols fan"

Is it just me that thinks it sounds dumb when people say "I'm a vols fan"?

"As a vols fan" = "as a volunteers fan"

Just sounds wrong.
The wording concerning the rules of such is pretty vague in the rules manual. 🤔 I’ve utilized both usages but based on your recommendation I’m rolling with VOLS FAN. 😎

I think he gets a longer leash. They weathered his first few seasons when other organizations would’ve fired him mid-season. He made the wrong call on Dorsey. Doubling up costs him. Hiring a guy who can get them back on track sets it right. Dallas Diggs tweeting about his brother needing to get out of Buffalo didn’t help Dorsey. 😉

Also, the older Belichick gets, the further he’s removed from the mythology that it was him and not Brady that drove the Pats to six Super Bowl wins.

Last edited:
November 14, 1970
On a rainy hill side in Wayne County, West Virginia, the lives of 75 people were lost in the worst single air tragedy in NCAA sports history. Among the losses were nearly the entire Marshall University football team, coaches, flight crew, numerous fans, and supporters..........including former Vol Deke Brackett

1699983373291.png

1699983394396.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back