Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% agree on Dooley. I think Hamilton could have handled Kiffin better, but overall not a bad decision.

Dooley was a horrible decision all around. I get that it was February and it's almost impossible to find a coach in February, but he could have done better.
All they had to do was keep Kippy as interim. He would have held the recruiting class together, and been fine for a year while UT conducted a legit search for a qualified candidate. OSU did it when they canned Tressel and it turned out fine. We rushed it.

This is me every time I see a post by @screenthis thinking it's @ChattaTNVol

eli-manning.gif

Disclaimer: Nothing at all against @screenthis. He is a very good poster; I am just ready for another on point analysis by our favorite number cruncher.

November 14, 1070
On a rainy hill side in Wayne County, West Virginia, the lives of 75 people were lost in the worst single air tragedy in NCAA sports history. Among the losses were nearly the entire Marshall University football team, coaches, flight crew, numerous fans, and supporters..........including former Vol Deke Brackett

View attachment 595465

View attachment 595467
I was going to make fun of the date being wrong, but then saw it was about this tragedy. Instead, I will say what a sad day and hope it never happens again.

Mays has same build as Jeff Saturday ..who was Peyton's center at Indy..Saturday future HOF imo...
Oh there’s something there. Hopefully he doesn’t have to follow Saturday’s path of UDFA getting cut in training camp and selling electrical supplies for a year before it happens.

Pretty much performance based imo…looking at last night’s stats alone. Less than two year run with him markedly different than Daboll.
Probably doesn’t help that your MVP caliber franchise QB has thrown 11 INT in 10 games, but yeah, that offense is not rolling as well as it was with Daboll. Also wouldn’t surprise me if Diggs tried to get out but his contract restructure over the summer would make that pretty hard.

Reactions: mrMet
Arguing about his build..🤣🤣
'How would you know that?'

'In 1994 Peyton Manning ran a 5.02 in the cross court crab walk.'

'He went on to throw 47 reverse chunk corner T bass routes that year.'

'Jeff Saturday was his Center.'

'Jeff and Cooper are built the same.'

'Cooper Mays wears the same Raybans.'

'See the corollary?'

Probably doesn’t help that your MVP caliber franchise QB has thrown 11 INT in 10 games, but yeah, that offense is not rolling as well as it was with Daboll. Also wouldn’t surprise me if Diggs tried to get out but his contract restructure over the summer would make that pretty hard.
OC’s have an effect on their QBs. Dorsey did well as his QBs coach but extending his responsibilities showed negative.

Reactions: knoxvol52
OC’s have an effect on their QBs. Dorsey did well as his QBs coach but extending his responsibilities showed negative.
Sure can. Biggest impact is with Daboll he had much larger windows to throw into. Diggs and Davis seemed to be open a large majority of the time they needed them to be. That gave him more confidence and rhythm when the smaller windows needed to be threaded.

Since the Bills are in my team’s division though, I’ve been enjoying the heck out of it. Hope the interim OC keeps the trend going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back