Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is lack of talent 3 years in not reflective of them as coaches?
It's not 3 years in when your coach was hired in January after the December signing period. Heupel had no influence on that first class other to bring in spring transfers. That 2021 class did nothing (except Byron Young as a JUCO), and they would all be juniors. Then I will admit that they didn't recruit great in the secondary in 2022. We are relying on 3 star veterans in the secondary.

Obviously, the hope is that the step up in recruiting of the secondary in 2023 will start to show moving forward.

Buffalo Bills fire OC Ken Dorsey after losing last night....let the scapegoating begin...NFL at its finest...
Lmao I’m pretty sure I called that McDermott will be fire within 2 years. He is a psycho control freak. Handicapping Dorsey is the problem, not Dorsey’s playcalling if he had free reign😂

Reactions: knoxvol52
No opinion on Banks and replacing him, but I would be shocked if an experienced DC didn’t want to come here. SEC, elite CFB brand, plenty of money, and we have a lot of really good young talent. The guys we brought in the last two classes and this one have a ton of upside.
Many DCs would be hesitant because of the tempo and low time of possession of the offense. It's no easy on the defense, quick three and outs and quick scores. I think Banks has done a good job and I think most people who want him fired do not look at he whole picture or just don't understand.

Curious, to those that keep up with it, with a few years passed now, does it seem NIL has flexed its muscle most with baseball programs? Most bang for your buck?

Football feels crooked and impossible to compete for titles.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
Probably doesn’t help that your MVP caliber franchise QB has thrown 11 INT in 10 games, but yeah, that offense is not rolling as well as it was with Daboll. Also wouldn’t surprise me if Diggs tried to get out but his contract restructure over the summer would make that pretty hard.
Daboll basically told McDermott to go **** himself when trying to tell him how to run the offense. There was major friction between the 2 of them. Dorsey hasn’t had the balls to stand up to him, which is why the bills offense has been ass. McDermott meddling too much in it

This basketball team being called a title favorite is a little much right now. Still not convinced. Michigan state got beat by James Madison at home. JMU is good but that still shouldn’t happen to a good MSU team. Offensive woes for long stretches still happen. They will probably win 25-30 games, but I don’t know about being a title favorite yet

100% agree on Dooley. I think Hamilton could have handled Kiffin better, but overall not a bad decision.

Dooley was a horrible decision all around. I get that it was February and it's almost impossible to find a coach in February, but he could have done better.
I still think making Kippy Brown an interim coach for 2010 was the way to go when Kiffin bolted.

Many DCs would be hesitant because of the tempo and low time of possession of the offense. It's no easy on the defense, quick three and outs and quick scores. I think Banks has done a good job and I think most people who want him fired do not look at he whole picture or just don't understand.
In @InVOLuntary's defense, he is still trying to wrap his mind around the forward pass being a legal football play and that tends to skew his assessment of the defense.

This basketball team being called a title favorite is a little much right now. Still not convinced. Michigan state got beat by James Madison at home. JMU is good but that still shouldn’t happen to a good MSU team. Offensive woes for long stretches still happen. They will probably win 25-30 games, but I don’t know about being a title favorite yet
You're joking right?
I'm not even a Barnes fan, but this team is that good. The only real weakness they have is if Aidoo and Awaka get in foul trouble. Phillips has to get good in a hurry because we need the depth.

Two games in granted, but the scoring lulls are a problem.

First of all, we have really only played two games and due to the nature of the game there are going to be cold stretches. We won't ever score every time down the court. The difference is, this year, we have multiple guys that are capable of scoring at any time and we saw that on display in the Wiscy game. Some of the main guys went cold and others stepped up. I don't know if they are championship caliber or not, but I do believe that our bench is deeper and more talented than it has been in years and this team has a chance to have a solid year and possibly make a deep run into the tournament come March.

I think it’s probably already been discussed but I don’t have time to go through the whole thread. I think someone said Arion Carter was in the coaches doghouse is why he hasn’t been playing? What’s the scoop on that? Did Telander play any Saturday? 44 and 2 were trailing every play, which I’m sure had also been discussed

Reactions: ugg
I think it’s probably already been discussed but I don’t have time to go through the whole thread. I think someone said Arion Carter was in the coaches doghouse is why he hasn’t been playing? What’s the scoop on that? Did Telander play any Saturday? 44 and 2 were trailing every play, which I’m sure had also been discussed
He’s not in the doghouse; he’s out for the year with injury.

We will know way more about this team after the Maui tournament

Injury

Is lack of talent 3 years in not reflective of them as coaches?
Feel like we’ve lacked talent at LB and DB all three years and keep hearing we have to recruit.

Well we have taken many and those positions are still struggling. DL is the big position where you see talent growing and doing well.

Shoulder surgery. He joins the growing out for season list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back