Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is me every time I see a post by @screenthis thinking it's @ChattaTNVol

eli-manning.gif

Disclaimer: Nothing at all against @screenthis. He is a very good poster; I am just ready for another on point analysis by our favorite number cruncher.
No offense taken...now how do I get rid of that pic title?

Attachments

• offend.jpg
    offend.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: drvenner
Think Tyson Helton….
Yeah LA alluded that they will see what opportunities some of the current coaches will have and can make coaching changes/modifications from there. I really only see Banks leaving for a HC job or NFL gig. He was in Head Coaching discussions last year for some small programs.

Mixed reviews incoming if a change comes Tyson Helton style for Banks:

DJ Durkin

Don’t agree with what happened but he isn’t a head coach and I’m sure he has learned a lot.

Reactions: mrMet
Lmao I’m pretty sure I called that McDermott will be fire within 2 years. He is a psycho control freak. Handicapping Dorsey is the problem, not Dorsey’s playcalling if he had free reign😂
Nothing’s ever 100% one way or the other, but did this “psycho control freak” thing take root at the beginning of last season? Didn’t seem to hinder Daboll.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Daboll basically told McDermott to go **** himself when trying to tell him how to run the offense. There was major friction between the 2 of them. Dorsey hasn’t had the balls to stand up to him, which is why the bills offense has been ass. McDermott meddling too much in it
I definitely get that vibe from McDermott. Hard to know just how good Dorsey could still be though as this was his first OC gig. Could have been terrible even without any meddling.

Reactions: knoxvol52
So many are now opting for huge staffs. Billy Napier seems to love a massive staff. I dont think the size of the staff should matter that much, but instead, the production you get from the members. Small staffs can still be incredible. . . but huge staffs seem more impressive, at least in photo shoots.
Oh... it most certainly does. Ask her.

A large staff may seem desirable at first, but a smaller staff that puts in the extra effort before a game can really make things happen that a bigger staff may take for granted. Smaller staffs also tend to get creative to get results where as a larger staff may be on the lazy side thinking that they will be successful from the shear size of the staff and the little things that really bring satisfaction could get neglected.
This is true to an extent, but nothing replaces a large staff.

Piggybacking on another post, I think Banks is safe but if he did move on, DJ Durkin would be a name I wouldn’t immediately dismiss. Helluva DC and recruiter…maybe not that great a man. Had the Aggies defense doing their part for most of the season.

From the outside looking in I would think Durkin would be a no go just based on culture/fit but from a purely football side i could see him being on the list

Piggybacking on another post, I think Banks is safe but if he did move on, DJ Durkin would be a name I wouldn’t immediately dismiss. Helluva DC and recruiter…maybe not that great a man. Had the Aggies defense doing their part for most of the season.
Posted same thing a few posts before. Would be a slam dunk hire.

Smaller staffs have better stamina due to not having the depth and width of capabilities that a larger staff would have. Creativity and stamina can be undervalued commodities when evaluating a staff.
I have found that a large staff can be unwieldy and off-putting at times.

Is this real?

Richard G. West
@RGW_News
·
Tennessee Basketball, along with its new venue sponsor Food City announce a future game site in the parking lot of a Food City grocery store.

The Dec. 9th matchup with ranked Illinois will be held on a temporary court built at the Western Ave Food City in Knoxville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back