Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herring is just a sophomore. Asking him to play ILB is a pretty tall task. He’s pretty up and down, but I think it’s forgivable.

I’m a little disappointed we haven’t found anyone better than McCollough at this point. By all accounts he’s a VFL and good dude. We’ve definitely all clamored for a back up, only to realize the guy starting was starting for a reason. Just wish one of the young guys with a little more athleticism and instinctiveness had managed to win the job.
I think Herring is more of a downhill type backer and was put in a bad postition. Asking him to cover in space isn’t the best use.

I think Telander and a couple of the young secondary guys have shown enough to get a chance in bigger games

I’m a fan
Twss GIF - TWSS - Discover & Share GIFs

Is this real?

Richard G. West
@RGW_News
·
Tennessee Basketball, along with its new venue sponsor Food City announce a future game site in the parking lot of a Food City grocery store.

The Dec. 9th matchup with ranked Illinois will be held on a temporary court built at the Western Ave Food City in Knoxville.
Yes, it's as real as DN.

I don't have a particular article to pinpoint, but I've definitely heard it was a guaranteed contract and TAMU is on the hook for the full amount. They owe him a lump sum of some percentage of his contract, then he'll get paid in installments for x number of years. The numbers are not offset by him taking another job.
And I thought they were dumb simply for giving him as much money as they did

Reactions: SmokinBob

Here is Rocky Top Insider describing how, especially on offense, the issue is NOT coaching or play calling or offensive coordinator... it came down to repeated issues with players not executing properly play after play. I thought this was obvious when watching the game, so it was weird watching people on here blame the coaching when the clear issue was far more poor execution on offense.

And don't try to say, "WelL tHe CoacHeS aRe RespoNSibLe tO gEt ThEm REadY." That's a bad argument because this team hasn't played that poorly all year or last. That game was the worst I have seen the players do under Heupel since he got here. They simply got in their heads and did NOT play to the level they were coached at.

Jonathan Wade was on Josh and Swain today saying TN needs some "dogs" on the team. There seems to be 0 leaders on the team.

My view is Tennessee will never be in that top 2-3, especially not in the expanded SEC. Not enough instate talent and they lack the money of Texas, Texas A&M, etc.

But when the program is stable, they should be able to get somewhere between Auburn and LSU on this list, both of whom played for national titles in this stretch.

Of course, if the noisiest elements of the fanbase can’t handle 8-4 seasons, then we will perpetually languish in the middle to bottom third of this list.
Not with an attitude like that they wont

Reactions: Volunteer821
Stephen A Smith is possibly the dumbest personality in sports. And that’s really something when you have guys running around like pat forde, Doug gottlieb, skip bayless, and gary danielson.
He's great at NBA but out of hiz zone in other sports.

But he also isn't exactly wrong here. Guy is defensive minded, but has shown he'll play a wide open offense. Not many defensive HCs are able to let go of the offense like that. And he'll recruit lights out ofc.

I mean, I'd take a wild shot over some retread. And they ain't getting Urban...Saban...whatever dream boat. It's 100x better taking a gamble than going with a Jimbo 2.0 hire. Will also come much cheaper.

My view is Tennessee will never be in that top 2-3, especially not in the expanded SEC. Not enough instate talent and they lack the money of Texas, Texas A&M, etc.

But when the program is stable, they should be able to get somewhere between Auburn and LSU on this list, both of whom played for national titles in this stretch.

Of course, if the noisiest elements of the fanbase can’t handle 8-4 seasons, then we will perpetually languish in the middle to bottom third of this list.
Yeah, I don't think we're going to see Tennessee sustain success in the top tier of the new SEC basically ever. We might luck out and win it here and there in special seasons, but it's never going to be like what it was in, say, the 1990s. Too much competition.

It's frankly one of the reasons I hated conference expansion, but money talks.

This certainly supports the genius of Heup but… man… that absolute gulf between Ga/Bama talent and the rest is so disheartening. How do you compete?
The Clemson way.

And hope to hit a hole-in-one just one year with a stud QB that catapults you from there on. We nearly did it in YEAR TWO!!

And here comes stud mcstudly around the corner for the next 2 seasons...😎

The Clemson way.

And hope to hit a hole-in-one just one year with a stud QB that catapults you from there on. We nearly did it in YEAR TWO!!

And here comes stud mcstudly around the corner for the next 2 seasons...😎
If that South Carolina game had turned out differently, Tennessee would have their first Heisman winner and we'd have made the playoffs and, I suspect, probably made the title game.

Still an amazing season I'll always remember, but nearly became etched in stone.

Even if both were done their exits could have and should have been handled with a lot more class and respect Both programs paid mightily for those firings We got Kiffin because that's all we could get, same for Texass. Even Alabama will treat Nick better, they did the Bear.
Wrong. Gary Patterson wanted to come to TN after Fulmer. You cannot tell me Kiffin was the only guy we could get. We were still very relevant nationally then. Hamilton was just an all out idiot.

People want to crap on Banks and our defense but they're not the reason we've lost 3 games so far.....it's this below average offense. Let's take a look at the offensive output in some of our SEC games shall we....

@UF......16 points
TAMU.....13 points
@bama....20 points in the 1st half and decided that was good enough.
@Mizzou....7 points

This is disgusting to look at...thank God we had UVA , UTSA, and UCONN to make our PPG look commendable.
Yeah, we need the Nico show ASAP. Hopefully get a glimpse in the bowl game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back