Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you kidding me. This team is good, deep, and versatile. They can put 5 20 ppg players on the floor at the same time if they choose. And they play defense. You sound like a small engine mechanic reviewing a Ferrari.
DK, SV,CG,ZZ, and JJJ..all are capable of going off any game ..I'm not at all concerned about scoring ....the bigs somewhat ..Awaka is strong and battles but a little small...Aidoo is big but tends to shy from physicality some...but in all this team is definitely FF and National Title type team...

DK, SV,CG,ZZ, and JJJ..all are capable of going off any game ..I'm not at all concerned about scoring ....the bigs do somewhat ..Awaka is strong and battles but a little small...Aidoo is big but tends to shy from physicality some...but in all this team is definitely FF and National Title type team...
They are not going to play like they have the past few years, in many we don't have the low post presence but to some extent that isn't bad because at many times in the recent past it was dead weight.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Even though I would lean towards letting Banks go as DC...it's not going to happen since he got nominated for the award...Banks will get a two year contract plus a raise.....unless he gets a HC job at a Mid- Major...

You lean towards firing someone who's done thier job and done it well? I hope you're not judged the same way that you're judging someone else.

The team I watched last night will compete for the Socon. They have some players, that can shoot.
Not only that, but ZZ and Vescovi aren't in "form" just yet. I was pretty happy with last night except for the long scoring droughts. We now have the ability to really attack the rim. When the outside shot seems off, I would love to see us really focus on getting to the rim. My biggest beef last night was how many offensive rebounds we gave up. Aidoo frustrates the piss outta me sometimes. Really thought Awaka would be a monster on the boards. Had his moments, but with all the comments about his league play in the off season, I kinda expected more.

You realize that UT is playing without a junior class, right? This team is limited by personnel, period.
You realize that many have stayed due to the covid year? That means you have 2 senior classes.

You do realize that there's this thing called a transfer portal?

There comes a time when you quit blaming the players and start blaming the coaches that are supposed to field a competent defense.

You realize that many have stayed due to the covid year? That means you have 2 senior classes.

There comes a time when you quit blaming the players and start blaming the coaches that are supposed to field a competent defense.
The ones who stayed are not the same talent wise as we have coming up. You and others quickly forget about the exodus after Pruitt was canned. Last season was a miracle, this season is a good one by the last 15 years standards. Next year will be good and exciting, 2025 we win a Natty.
BTW when did you retire from coaching?

Oh so you're not evaluated in your line of work? Congratulations you got the perfect job security then..

You didn't answer my question. You want to fire someone who is actually doing their job. If that's the case, you're not evaluating them on their job, you evaluating them on your own personal, subjective bias or dislike for whatever reason. I'm just saying that I hope you're not judged the same way or you might be out of a job.

The ones who stayed are not the same talent wise as we have coming up. You and others quickly forget about the exodus after Pruitt was canned. Last season was a miracle, this season is a good one by the last 15 years standards. Next year will be good and exciting, 2025 we win a Natty.
Josh seams to have done fine on the offensive side of the ball. Was he just lucky? Or perhaps he knows wtf he's doing? Banks will never field a decent defense here even if he had the 85 bears.

He's not retired. He helps Pretty Holly coach the LVs.

I mean, look at the super seniors …. Ollie Lane, Jaylen McCullough, Jacob Warren, Dayne Davis, Ramel Keyton, Roman Harrison, Jeremiah Crawford, Kurott Garland….

I mean, they’re VFLs and all - but I most are role players at best. Would any of them receive as much of playing time at the other upper level sec teams as they are here? Not at all. But we’re relying on many of them too much this year.

We wouldn’t have to had we had our 2020/21 classes not been obliterated.

So yes - were absolutely dealing with roster limitations still.

So with the offseason coming up, more rumors that Dallan Hayden will look to transfer from Ohio State. If he were to enter the portal, and both Small and Wright leave, would Hayden be worth a pickup to team with Sampson and Seldon?
Yes Hayden would 100% be a take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back