Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas 4th team with victory over Bama at Tuscaloosa...if Bama gets in over Texas the fix is absolutely on....
Not really, you can't argue for a 12 team playoff and then scream rigged if Bama beats Texas.
SOS favors Bama.
Bama would have the biggest win in CFB in the last 3 years.

Okay so just disregard Texas defeating Alabama on the road ...

I’m not disregarding it? I just said they would have the best win in the country and would factor into the conversation. I think it could easily be argued Bama would’ve played a tougher schedule

LOL

Saban is just a great motivator.

I can’t
Saban is good coach with great players. He wouldn't do any better than Heup if he was the coach. He made mediocre teams at Mich St better but he didn't have champions. He didn't work magic at Miami. Even at Bama he would probably say he should have had a couple more. He's a great coach not even he works miracles.

Reactions: hooter vol
I mean, look at the super seniors …. Ollie Lane, Jaylen McCullough, Jacob Warren, Dayne Davis, Ramel Keyton, Roman Harrison, Jeremiah Crawford, Kurott Garland….

I mean, they’re VFLs and all - but I most are role players at best. Would any of them receive as much of playing time at the other upper level sec teams as they are here? Not at all. But we’re relying on many of them too much this year.

We wouldn’t have to had we had our 2020/21 classes not been obliterated.

So yes - were absolutely dealing with roster limitations still.
Yet Josh has done a pretty dang good job with the offense using the terrible players he inherited.

The ones who stayed are not the same talent wise as we have coming up. You and others quickly forget about the exodus after Pruitt was canned. Last season was a miracle, this season is a good one by the last 15 years standards. Next year will be good and exciting, 2025 we win a Natty.
BTW when did you retire from coaching?
BTW, when did you start your coaching career?

Pates model has uga -11. Thinks uga wins and covers. Thinks both teams are moving in opposite directions. Uga peaking and Tennessee is running out of gas.

Pates model has uga -11. Thinks uga wins and covers. Thinks both teams are moving in opposite directions. Uga peaking and Tennessee is running out of gas.

Looks every bit like a 45-10 game. Close at halftime but UGA leans on us 2nd half. No shame in that. Entire D needs to get nastier.

We are basically missing an entire class. And we're still being penalized two spots a year. (Which, incidentally, is going to knock our recruiting ranks down at the last minute, based on quantity not quality. So foreknow that.)

As crazy as it sounds, Heup will not get his first sized-full recruiting class until 2028!

Meanwhile you can't even buy one high-end Dodge Charger or Challenger for 50k in a paper bag. Much less a decade of parking lots full of Chargers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Which is about as just as Birmingham officiating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back