Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see this team turning it around. Can barely beat Wofford and it's already game 3.

Barnes needs to make changes midseason to show he's serious and improve team morale. We need to be a serious program, not an annual top 15 program.
Fahr Knecht!

From 2021 to this year? Seriously? You can’t debate with people who ignore facts.
Our defense has definitely improved over the last three years, but we are trying to claw out of a decade and a half of neglect. Heup can make lemonade out of lemons on the offense because he knows how to scheme regardless of pure talent. The defensive side of the ball is easier to get exposed when the level of athlete is just not up to snuff. That is why folks wanting to put Boo on offense are crazy. They will likely be the same ones complaining about our defense losing us a game or two because we just aren't athletic enough on that side of the ball.

I think FSU has to lose to get two SEC teams in, and even then, it's not guaranteed. I think only one makes it this year.
I'm not sure. I think UGA at #1 opens the door for it.

We know one of UM and OSU will have a loss, OSU has the better resume this year so I'll go with them.
So move everyone up 1 spot and drop Michigan to 8. Imo they get punished because of their weak schedule.
So the top 4 is
UGA, OSU, Washington, FSU.
Then you have
TX, Oregon, Bama.
Oregon and Washington play for the P12 title. Oregon wins.
Bama and UGA play in Atlanta, Bama wins.
Texas wins the B12.
Imo Oregon stays at 5, Washington drops out.
So it's between TX and Bama, imo Bama gets it because of their SOS and the fact they pulled off the best win in college football in the last 3 years, (if we don't this weekend)
So I think you end up with
OSU, UGA, FSU, Bama in the playoffs.

I dont think you can make a legit argument for the 12 team playoff and wanting to keep Bama out this year. Everything people say, injuries, teams gelling, stronger vs weaker conference schedules, that all applies to Bama jumping TX.

Patterson was not a can't miss top tier coach at the time, he would have been a good one but he wasn't a wow hire. UT was replacing a legend and KIffin was a distraction hire.
There are no top tier can’t miss coaches.
A&M thought they had one, UCLA thought they had one, Miami Dolphins thought Saban was, Jacksonville thought Urban was,
How’d all them work Out?

Dallen Hayden isn’t going to transfer. He and his dad love where he is.
That may very well be true, but the rumor is out there because he's not played much this season. I have no idea. I just know the rumor exists.

I'm not sure. I think UGA at #1 opens the door for it.

We know one of UM and OSU will have a loss, OSU has the better resume this year so I'll go with them.
So move everyone up 1 spot and drop Michigan to 8. Imo they get punished because of their weak schedule.
So the top 4 is
UGA, OSU, Washington, FSU.
Then you have
TX, Oregon, Bama.
Oregon and Washington play for the P12 title. Oregon wins.
Bama and UGA play in Atlanta, Bama wins.
Texas wins the B12.
Imo Oregon stays at 5, Washington drops out.
So it's between TX and Bama, imo Bama gets it because of their SOS and the fact they pulled off the best win in college football in the last 3 years, (if we don't this weekend)
So I think you end up with
OSU, UGA, FSU, Bama in the playoffs.

I dont think you can make a legit argument for the 12 team playoff and wanting to keep Bama out this year. Everything people say, injuries, teams gelling, stronger vs weaker conference schedules, that all applies to Bama jumping TX.
If Bama beats Georgia, I think Georgia drops out. I personally think a PAC12 school makes it in, but even if they don't, I think Texas would be in over Georgia. If OSU and FSU are undefeated, they're in, with two spots left. You'd be looking at a Bama team with a win over Georgia and a Texas team with a win over Bama. I think that would make Georgia odd man out.

Reactions: Volunteer821
If Bama beats Georgia, I think Georgia drops out. I personally think a PAC12 school makes it in, but even if they don't, I think Texas would be in over Georgia. If OSU and FSU are undefeated, they're in, with two spots left. You'd be looking at a Bama team with a win over Georgia and a Texas team with a win over Bama. I think that would make Georgia odd man out.
You can't leave out the back to back national champs who lost one game in 3 years.

There are no top tier can’t miss coaches.
A&M thought they had one, UCLA thought they had one, Miami Dolphins thought Saban was, Jacksonville thought Urban was,
How’d all them work Out?
Too many fans put too much emphasis on coaches. A good coach can make a good team better, a good coach can make a bad team better. A good coach can't make a bad team good. A bad coach can make a team of great players a bad team. A coach's main contribution is attitude and culture. No coach is a doctor with magic pill, yet most fans are like drug seeking doctor shoppers.

Too many fans put too much emphasis on coaches. A good coach can make a good team better, a good coach can make a bad team better. A good coach can't make a bad team good. A bad coach can make a team of great players a bad team. A coach's main contribution is attitude and culture. No coach is a doctor with magic pill, yet most fans are like drug seeking doctor shoppers.
LOL

Saban is just a great motivator.

I can’t

Reactions: RudyVol
What they did in previous seasons has nothing to do with this season. I think only one SEC team makes it in this year.
WC is if you have OSU, FSU and Washington all undefeated, they are in no question...then if Texas wins Big 12 conference champion and Bama beats Georgia in SEC Championship...who do you take in 4th slot? Texas or Bama

About to play 3rd team currently ranked in Top 10 in last 5 games. 1st one at home with another SEC road game thrown in. Yet some of yall keep bitching about everything. Havent seen much on here about UGA. Need the crowd to be loud and obnoxious and direct their energy towards helping the team. Need to minimize penalties and pray the Officiating is equal for once. Need for UGA to play like they did against Missouri. Need the opposite from UT. Hope springs eternal.
UT 28
UGA 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back