Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. True. There may be a few that don't like Sanders. He's not everyone's flavor and that may or may not have anything to do with his skin. He's always been cocky in a way that rubs some wrong.

That said, regardless of whether he's had white players or not... he is playing the race angle. Surely you don't deny that? If we're going to say white coaches shouldn't do racist things... then saying the same about him is well within bounds.

I personally don't like it when anyone regardless of their color stokes racism.
What has he done that’s racist? Same question to @BigOrangeTrain.

I Know Right GIFs | GIFDB.com

Tennessee’s best modern history run was 92’-04’ won about 80% of the games. A few trips playing for a national championship and a few conference championships. 05-20’ total disaster with a few decent seasons sprinkled in 06’ 07’ 15’ 16’ 19’ 08’-13’ worst ever 5 losing seasons. Can’t believe Tennessee was that incompetent
First 4 win season in history says it all.

Bru McCoy should be in Donte Thornton's ear saying", people are saying you're not what they thought you were, you're overhyped now get you're @$$ out there and show people you're the man every person thought you were".....btw Donte has 2 TD catches for 125 yds total against Florida.....15-0. 34-14 Go Vols ...

Too many guaranteed that he'd be an instant failure to admit that he's already exceeded expectations for year 1. I've never seen so much hate for a coach from the same people that swear he absolutely sucks. Spurrier, Kiffin, Saban, Freeze, Jimbo, Dabo...none of them received the type of hate I've seen thrown at Prime already.

I won't address the variables in your complete list, but YES I specifically don't like Kiffin for a very common reason, the over abundance of narcissism in everything they have done to date. Not skin color. Years ago if I was a fan of a NFL team it was the early Cowboys in the days of Merridith, Staubach, and White at the helm UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE GUY IN THE HAT. I dropped that quickly when new coaching not only allowed but seemed to welcome on field snarky and Sanders is a poster child of that. Not surprising under the leadership of Johnson and Switzer. Character optional coaches. So I moved on. Quite a contrast between the character displayed by KEY players. Compare and contrast Sanders and Emmet Smith, two big time producers from schools in the same state, in the same era. Character is a personal option. I opt to dislike coaches and players that don't value it. I don't have a clue of the racial breakdown of all the players he dumped on arrival at CU.... His color nor their color matter.

Yes I would be lying if I did not admit I am hoping he treats the leadership at CU like he treated his players and leaves them in the dust. I also currently hope there is a reason he defeated a greatly depleted TCU team by 3 when the loaded version the game just before lost to GA by 60, and then a Neb team I don't have a clue about, fans the flames of glory only to be humbled as the season goes on.

Just the way it is. You don't have to be an overboard man of faith to be a man of character. Not all things legal are moral. I hope CU pays the price allowing him to pull the plug on all the guys their previously chosen leaders brought to that school. I am guessing a temporary spike under his leadership will track like the one seemingly experienced by his previous stop.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
It’s weird being the same age as old people.
Wifey and I were on date night Sunday. Because...

Young linneal bartender was nice, and of course, busy. I explained my surprise, based upon her desire to talk...a lot...and share...a lot. I told her usually we just come here to eat, but that if more than 5 people were there it was impossible to order a drink.

She continued, that she was in charge of it all. Designing, 'wah wah, wah wah.' Not being rude, I kindly explained that i'm 45 and hard of hearing. Could not understand a word. She explained again, and it was something about the drinks....

I asked 'like marketing?' Yup, that was it. I asked why she didnt say that the first time? Even better story, the teenager next to me, who was being oogled by a gross old guy. Was also hard of hearing. She told me some stuff, I couldnt tell you a thing though.

So, glitch, just nodding is best form of communication. Nodding works extremely well, until it doesnt. Lots of times the wife says stuff, and I nod. And then, dont realize ive committed myself to more work.

Having an Achilles tear at a similar age I don't think it has to be a career ender at his position. When they repair it, it is stronger than before. You do lose flexibility but I don't think that would be a career killer as a qb. He may say "f" it and retire though.
Glitch is our Achilles Heel

Does anyone really think Colorado is a destination job for Deion? He's using that place to boost his credibility and to make it impossible for an SEC or FSU, Miami, Clemson AD down the road to not hire him. Maybe even to leverage his way into an NFL job. I think he's done a good job and has those kids buying in, but I don't think in the end the 24 class would see him at Colorado when they graduate.

Does anyone really think Colorado is a destination job for Deion? He's using that place to boost his credibility and to make it impossible for an SEC or FSU, Miami, Clemson AD down the road to not hire him. Maybe even to leverage his way into an NFL job. I think he's done a good job and has those kids buying in, but I don't think in the end the 24 class would see him at Colorado when they graduate.
They’ll all transfer with him like they did from Jackson St lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back