Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirby always reaching for BS. South Carolina player was asked what stadium is the most intimidating/loud environment to play in. The player responded with A&M and then said Tennessee can definitely get pretty loud too so those two. Kirby in his presser said the player called out their fans for not mentioning Georgia lol. They’re so insecure. That place is a retirement 🏠
Bunch of wine and cheese type old farts in Sanford. That place sucks.

I’ve got this weird feeling the roles have reversed in our matchup with UF

Remember when Fulmer would have super talented teams playing super tight afraid Ron make mistakes and Spurrier always had his guys loose and confident and having fun?

Inevitably we would make a mistake and Florida would pounce on it.

I tend to think this is exactly how the current matchup is. Heupel has everyone loose and having fun but playing well. It’s why we beat Bama last year even after the devastating fumble returned for a td. Team bounced right back. It all flows from the HC and his attitude.

I think Napier has some pressure to win and his team will feed off the same pressure. I think it’s why they played well last year because he had nothing to lose. It was considered a complete rebuilding year and were heavy underdogs.

Give me TN 34-20

Flying down to Jacksonville tomorrow morning then driving to Gainesville Friday afternoon. Been down there twice in 2015 and 2017 - absolute heartbreak both times. Is the third time the charm? I believe WGWTFA
I was there in 2015 and the way I felt afterwards I refuse to ever go back. I don’t want to hurt like that again.

Look at the Braves history...... unless Max is willing to take a sweetheart deal he's gone. The Braves aren't breaking the bank for a 31 year old with a history of TJ who can't stay healthy.

Agree.

This is a distant future issue, but I’d also be really surprised to see the Braves sign Ozzie and Acuna beyond their current deals. Both guys are under contract through age 30. Both are smaller guys whose production derives in large part from fast twitch power, which often diminishes precipitously after age 30. Don’t see the Braves paying them for past production, especially when both have had injury issues already that will likely only get worse.

We usually allow the Florida QB to have a breakout career type day. It’s weird.
We need to permanently rubbish-can that old trope if we shut Mertz down Saturday. My take-away on AR is that we beat his arse in a signature win last year.

A win on Saturday would give Heup a winning record against the Gayts. We'll leave the old coaches' problems out if it, going forward! I love the way Heup doesn't burden the young players with superstition and ghosts of ages past. 😃

Agree.

This is a distant future issue, but I’d also be really surprised to see the Braves sign Ozzie and Acuna beyond their current deals. Both guys are under contract through age 30. Both are smaller guys whose production derives in large part from fast twitch power, which often diminishes precipitously after age 30. Don’t see the Braves paying them for past production, especially when both have had injury issues already that will likely only get worse.
Ozzie maybe. Acuna will be gone.

We need to permanently rubbish-can that old trope if we shut Mertz down Saturday. My take-away on AR is that we beat his arse in a signature win last year.

A win on Saturday would give Heup a winning record against the Gayts. We'll leave the old coaches' problems out if it, going forward! I love the way Heup doesn't burden the young players with superstition and ghosts of ages past. 😃

This week is another opportunity for CJH to rip another monkey off the back of this program. And fortunately or unfortunately it will come down to Joe. Tough environment and trying to do something for this program that hasn’t been done in awhile. I genuinely hope he succeeds, not just for the team or us, but for him.

Man, I was laying awake in bed last night looking at tickets, and we positively can't go. But I couldn't stop looking! 😆

I think this is an absolutely primo year to go and witness the birth of the new Vols who win in the Swamp! 🍊 Lettuce! 🍊💥

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back