Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Knoxville press after last week's game tried to get Milton to criticize our WRs for drops in the first two games. Does it affect him? Or something. And people wonder why Joe is sick of them.

Anyway, Joe said they are the best wide receivers in the country. They're going to show it this week.

And he is going to go off! LFG! 🍊

Last edited:
Interesting games this weekend... not sure of any clear-cut upset alerts.

These are my potentials, but not sure I'm as confident as I was with the 3 from last week.

14 LSU at Mississippi State - Noon game on the road and this Mississippi State is a new look team this year
15 Kansas State at Missouri - Eli is all cringe, but Kansas State hasn't played anyone after the lackluster game against MTSU I think you'll see Eli doing everything possible to win this game (not very confident in this one though, at all)
San Diego State at 16 Oregon State - Mostly because I could see the Beavers looking ahead, they play @ Washington State then vs Utah the next two after this one

Also my WOULDN'T IT BE FUNNY (I don't think this happens...but I'll probably tune in)

Colorado State at 18 Colorado - Rams got blasted by Washington State then had a bye... (wtf) so they have just the one game on film. Colorado is 2-0 and neither game was a given Nebraska (Sims specifically) was AWFUL on offense. I think Deion keeps rolling but they could also be peeking ahead at their 2 upcoming toughest opponents at Oregon then vs USC (probably the two best teams they'll face all year and they have them back to back with no break).

I am still worried that our secondary is still our main problem. I know Hadden got his head turned around and got a pick but he was getting beat way too much. That is my major concern on D and on Off. its Milton. I still think Tn wins but no way should Fla even be in this game in the 4th

Honestly a great idea.

Everyone has been waiting and anticipating the deep ball or overthrow.

Just absolutely launch one and get it over with.

Then play ball.
But truthfully, for this game, don’t think Joe needs to do much. Commit to the run game, trust your defense, and I think we’ll be alright.

I am still worried that our secondary is still our main problem. I know Hadden got his head turned around and got a pick but he was getting beat way too much. That is my major concern on D and on Off. its Milton. I still think Tn wins but no way should Fla even be in this game in the 4th

To be honest Hadden didn't get beat he was in such good position that the under throw passes lead to PIs, I think he's coached to stay with his WR when he doesn't have safety help. He's thus far our best CB statistically though and gets thrown at the most by a long shot.

I think our D having 2 guys leading the conference in sacks and a 3rd that's only 1 sack behind is going to be a big help for the passing game Saturday. Last year we generated almost no pressure without tons of blitzing and this year we have 4 DL players with sacks already.

The best secondary is a great d-line and I’m pretty confident we have that

Not too surprising. Some more details around those QBs that you can draw some conclusions from.

QBAttempts/GameYards/AttemptCompletion%
Rattler33 10.5883%
Daniels30.510.0861%
Dart2512.0270%
Beck30.59.4672%
Weigman387.5364%
Leary34.57.8360%
Mertz30.58.6273%
Swann497.8261%
Milroe22.59.9860%
Milton31.56.8363%

Not too surprising. Some more details around those QBs that you can draw some conclusions from.

QBAttempts/GameYards/AttemptCompletion%
Rattler3310.5883%
Daniels30.510.0861%
Dart2512.0270%
Beck30.59.4672%
Weigman387.5364%
Leary34.57.8360%
Mertz30.58.6273%
Swann497.8261%
Milroe22.59.9860%
Milton31.56.8363%
Milton bout to be like the mountain man on price is right 📈

September 14, 2003

Jamal Lewis
of the Baltimore Ravens sets a new single-game rushing record, by running for 295 yards. Lewis who had touchdown runs of 82 and 63 yards leads Baltimore to a 33-13 win over the Cleveland Browns at M&T Bank Stadium. Jamal Lewis broke the three-year-old record of Corey Dillon with 278 yards. Lewis’ record lasted four years before it was topped by Adrian Peterson.

View attachment 579153
Since we're talking Jamal, here is a photo for mojo:
IMG_5544.jpeg

QBAttempts/GameYards/AttemptCompletion%TDsINTsSacks
Rattler3310.5883%309
Daniels30.510.0861%615
Dart2512.0270%614
Beck30.59.4672%310
Weigman387.5364%721
Leary34.57.8360%522
Mertz30.58.6273%215
Swann497.8261%836
Milroe22.59.9860%527
Milton31.56.8363%402

Added a few columns I thought were interesting. If you add INTs and Sacks together as "negative plays" then currently only Beck (with 1 total) has had fewer than Milton.

Also interesting that Georgia hasn't had a single rusher over 60 yards yet despite facing UT Martin & Ball State

What
I’m looking at the ML…and the second half …looks as if it will be a come back for someone..I’m going to wait closer to game time though before I get extremely worried….it’s just Joe’s inconsistencies in a hostile environment for me.Milton has to take the crowd out of it and don’t let up
You think take South Carolina and the ,+27 or is it a sucker bet...jw

Acuna will want his contract restructured after this season or next....he isn't going to play for chump change knowing he is worth 45 million a year....
All contracts are fully guaranteed. How many HOLDOUTS you recall in MLB history?

Reactions: knoxvol52
Added a few columns I thought were interesting. If you add INTs and Sacks together as "negative plays" then currently only Beck (with 1 total) has had fewer than Milton.

Also interesting that Georgia hasn't had a single rusher over 60 yards yet despite facing UT Martin & Ball State
Kind of shocked Rattler hasn’t thrown a pick yet. Maybe it’s just because every time he’s about to throw one he gets sacked first 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back