Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to some of these fans is hard on Vol calls sheesh… I can’t hardly understand them. They pause and can’t say what they’re trying to say. Kinda feel bad for a lot of them. Kinda feel bad for Heupel too because he has to try and answer these people
It's kinda like watching the national news after a hurricane or tornado. They always seem to find the one guy with two teeth and a second-grade education to describe the aftermath.

If the UT that played Clemson shows up, not even a close game. Gonna be a sick stomache or two if the UT vs APSU team shows up. Either way, I don't think UF can produce anything against our defense. James Pearce and Beasley are about to become superstars. People are also not giving our DBs enough credit. It gonna be a lot easier on them if our DL & LBs play like they're capable of.

I've adjusted my prediction for UT down to 34. I think UF may get 24 with a late TD. 🙏🙏🙏
Including you and myself, that was 3 predictions at 34-17..should stick with it

If the UT that played Clemson shows up, not even a close game. Gonna be a sick stomache or two if the UT vs APSU team shows up. Either way, I don't think UF can produce anything against our defense. James Pearce and Beasley are about to become superstars. People are also not giving our DBs enough credit. It gonna be a lot easier on them if our DL & LBs play like they're capable of.

I've adjusted my prediction for UT down to 34. I think UF may get 24 with a late TD. 🙏🙏🙏
When was the last time you watched that Orange Bowl against Clemson? We didn't put any real distance between us and Clemson until almost mid-way through the 4th quarter. I think many of you have knowledge of the final game score along with alcohol-induced hazy memories of the actual game performance. Our offense did not look particularly good in the majority of that game. We had a couple big plays.

I feel far more comfortable with our defense facing Florida than I do our offense. Our passing game is erratic at best right now. Our running game is very solid, but I expect Florida to concentrate on shutting that down.

When was the last time you watched that Orange Bowl against Clemson? We didn't put any real distance between us and Clemson until almost mid-way through the 4th quarter. I think many of you have knowledge of the final game score along with alcohol-induced hazy memories of the actual game performance. Our offense did not look particularly good in the majority of that game. We had a couple big plays.

I feel far more comfortable with our defense facing Florida than I do our offense. Our passing game is erratic at best right now. Our running game is very solid, but I expect Florida to concentrate on shutting that down.
IMG_3292.jpeg

See what happens when glitch doesn’t make a thread!!!
Good Things GIFs | Tenor

Honestly, if FL try's to play with two high safeties I will laugh.

We would run all night on that 5 man box.

I would play man with a single high safety, but then I would risk having an LB or S on a WR.

I guess they are going to have to pick. I think they move to stop the run and don't realize just how dangerous this offense will be.

Heupel said on Vol calls that the new DC runs almost the exact same system as the old DC. Not much has changed scheme wise. They don’t noticeably blitz more than last year either
It’s very, very similar, but there are key differences in the way they are run. I’m no expert, but I got bored and watched a couple of those UF defense film reviews that was posted yesterday and they talked about some of those differences. It doesn’t have to be blitz heavy to be aggressive. One example they talked about was when Utah went heavy package with 2 TE on the line on a 2nd down, they didn’t just walk a safety into the box or anything like that, they put 6 guys hands in the dirt at the LOS. The film review host said that was a stark difference than what Toneys defense would have done last year.

So there will be some differences and different tendencies of the new play caller, but yes, the overall scheme will be the same.

But, but, but----who won the game

Reactions: Glitch
They had issues with McNeese St's run game whenever they aligned in ultra wide splits like we do.

I've got a feeling Heupel has shcemed an excellent game plan.
Look at the way they lined up against the wide splits below. If they throw a 5 man box, with a nickel blitzing off the closest edge like on this play, we will run it down their throat. I mean, I hope they do this because it will be great for us, but I just don’t think they will. You can get away with a 5 man box against McNeese, but not against our rushing attack.

1694722906845.png

Look at the way they lined up against the wide splits below. If they throw a 5 man box, with a nickel blitzing off the closest edge like on this play, we will run it down their throat. I mean, I hope they do this because it will be great for us, but I just don’t think they will. You can get away with a 5 man box against McNeese, but not against our rushing attack.

View attachment 579222
They are absolutely torched if they line up like this and blitz the corner. Run or pass.

Florida is absolutely going to start out with a 5 man box and be banking on the fact that they will be able to contain our run game. If they do then that will allow us to run it up their throats all game until they start adding more men to the box, that will open the short passing game up which will lead to the big plays down the field

Are you sure you don't have hazy drunk memories of that game?

What are you talking about? We had 31 points and could have scored more had we not elected to run the clock out. Clemson made some plays because they had NFL dudes on their d-line, but we clearly dominated them from start to finish and not one time did it feel like we were in jeopardy. Our offense looked top 10 good maybe not number 1 in that game partially because they had a defensive line that gave us problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back