Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the way they lined up against the wide splits below. If they throw a 5 man box, with a nickel blitzing off the closest edge like on this play, we will run it down their throat. I mean, I hope they do this because it will be great for us, but I just don’t think they will. You can get away with a 5 man box against McNeese, but not against our rushing attack.

View attachment 579222
I hope they put that 400lb+ d-lineman in the game 1 time. Heupel will never let that fat boy off the field til we score, 😂

When was the last time you watched that Orange Bowl against Clemson? We didn't put any real distance between us and Clemson until almost mid-way through the 4th quarter. I think many of you have knowledge of the final game score along with alcohol-induced hazy memories of the actual game performance. Our offense did not look particularly good in the majority of that game. We had a couple big plays.

I feel far more comfortable with our defense facing Florida than I do our offense. Our passing game is erratic at best right now. Our running game is very solid, but I expect Florida to concentrate on shutting that down.
I didn't say we smoked Clemson. We beat them and they were a very good team at the time, much better than UF is now. If UT from the Clemson game shows up, UF is done.

I'm not sure I am gonna bet this game. I always try to stick to a rule of avoiding rivalry games and championship games if possible. Sometimes the degen takes over and I abandon all rational thought. I could see this playing out like the Ole Miss game from y1, except we're on the winning side.

I really feel like we have been pressing the passing game even though defenses have been giving us run looks. CJH has said they'll take what the defense gives them but against inferior opponents he has worked on the passing game even though we should run. The drives we committed to the run we couldn't be stopped. I predict over 200 yards rushing Sat. When they decide they have to stop it, Milton goes over the top. GBO!

I really feel like we have been pressing the passing game even though defenses have been giving us run looks. CJH has said they'll take what the defense gives them but against inferior opponents he has worked on the passing game even though we should run. The drives we committed to the run we couldn't be stopped. I predict over 200 yards rushing Sat. When they decide they have to stop it, Milton goes over the top. GBO!
Yell it louder for the wusses in the back

When was the last time you watched that Orange Bowl against Clemson? We didn't put any real distance between us and Clemson until almost mid-way through the 4th quarter. I think many of you have knowledge of the final game score along with alcohol-induced hazy memories of the actual game performance. Our offense did not look particularly good in the majority of that game. We had a couple big plays.

I feel far more comfortable with our defense facing Florida than I do our offense. Our passing game is erratic at best right now. Our running game is very solid, but I expect Florida to concentrate on shutting that down.
So, your argument is that our offense won by double digits, even when it didn't look perfect, so that's concerning?

If they'd have looked perfect against Clemson and won by the same margin, the concern trolls would be in here telling us it will take a perfect game to win against UF this week.

You see, that's the thing about people who want to find the thread to pull. If you pick at a perfectly fine sweater long enough, you'll create that loose thread.

Are you sure you don't have hazy drunk memories of that game?

What are you talking about? We had 31 points and could have scored more had we not elected to run the clock out. Clemson made some plays because they had NFL dudes on their d-line, but we clearly dominated them from start to finish and not one time did it feel like we were in jeopardy. Our offense looked top 10 good maybe not number 1 in that game partially because they had a defensive line that gave us problems.
It was a one-score (7 pt.) lead until 8:34 left in the 4th quarter. The game was in doubt until that TD pass to Ramel Keyton in the 4th quarter.

You can’t be 1 dimensional, or neither run or pass will work.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back