Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the way they lined up against the wide splits below. If they throw a 5 man box, with a nickel blitzing off the closest edge like on this play, we will run it down their throat. I mean, I hope they do this because it will be great for us, but I just don’t think they will. You can get away with a 5 man box against McNeese, but not against our rushing attack.

View attachment 579222

Squirrel would house a screen with those splits lmao.

Vegas has UF projected to score 25.5 points. Has Tennessee to score 33.5 points. But the regular score line is set at 6.5 points. To me, that reads as Vegas truly believes Vols cover 6.5
I don't expect either team to reach those point totals, particularly Florida. There is no way they score 25+ points on us.

Reactions: Glitch
Depends on how FL plays it. I actually think they play a lot of MAN and stack the box to stop the run so Joe will have to beat them.
I think they will first try and see if they can play 2 deep like UV and AP did to blunt our deep passing attack, but unlike those two teams slow our running attack with their front...if they are able to do that Joe and the recievers will have to win the game.

We are gonna have to convert 3rd downs via the pass in this game to win...we did most of last year, but we have absolutely sucked since Hendon went down.

Blame whoever you want, but if blame for that is evenly shared between Joe, his pass catchers and the pass protection..which I believe it is after watching the last 4 games Joe has started...then that means it is not an easy fix because too many different parts have to get better all at once.

I'm trying to say...if we win this game...the passing game will have to win it.

Also...I really hope our stupid new kickers don't cost us games...they suck so far.

It’ll be interesting to see how UF lines up against our offense. When McNeese lined up in wide splits with 2 WR split to each side a few times last game, UF left a 5 man box with two high safeties. There is just no way they think they can do that this week. Our run game would eat them alive.

UF DC is known for being aggressive. I think they try to stop the run too. Milton will have to be on his game and WR going to have to make plays. I think deep shots will be available to take. If Milton hits a couple of those then oh my. It’s on.
Exactly

I think they will first try and see if they can play 2 deep like UV and AP did to blunt our deep passing attack, but unlike those two teams slow our running attack with their front...if they are able to do that Joe and the recievers will have to win the game.

We are gonna have to convert 3rd downs via the pass in this game to win...we did most of last year, but we have absolutely sucked since Hendon went down.

Blame whoever you want, but if blame for that is evenly shared between Joe, his pass catchers and the pass protection..which I believe it is after watching the last 4 games Joe has started...then that means it is not an easy fix because too many different parts have to get better all at once.

I'm trying to say...if we win this game...the passing game will have to win it.

Also...I really hope our stupid new kickers don't cost us games...they suck so far.
Campbell has been perfect. Plus, he is not the kickoff man. So, what's your problem with him ?

Army vs Navy game this season should only take about 2 hours of T.V. time... with running clock...both run ball 95% time or better on possessions ......

Reactions: Glitch
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back