Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seen that. Are you pleased with the way we won and have played? I rewatched the Virginia game and APSU game. We did the same thing multiple times and it got stopped.
You have to understand it from the team's/coaches' perspective. Two goals: win, stay healthy. Both were accomplished. Neither game was in jeopardy at any time. When the cheap stuff started happening out go key personnel. When Huep didn't want them to score on the 4th down on the goalline he put in the number 1's even though we still would have won to make a point. Why use the S.W.A.T. team on a traffic stop?

Remember he begged them last year to come out vs Us in Athens....if I'm a coach of a highly ranked program and have to ask fans to come out and support the team..then I'm in the wrong damn place....
The only time they get really loud is when called out and challenged like last year. Otherwise, meh.

Everyone is talking about Floridas run game but not ours. We’re going to dominate them.

View attachment 579345
Agree. A lot of people in the media, fans, etc still don’t understand Heupels offense is run first. And we have 3 very talented RB’s we can rotate all night long. Same with DL, I love that RG rotates so many guys.

I’ve been saying it all week and I’m no football expert but we’re going to lean on our running game and defense more so this season than Heupels first two years. Why? Because that’s our strength. He’s a smart coach who exposes weaknesses and mismatches from our opponents.

And if Milton and WR’s start making the plays they’re capable of? Watch the f out. This team could be better than last years team.

But even if the passing game isn’t great this year it’ll be good enough to win most of our games because of the strength of this team - running the ball and defense. JMO

I think we’re going to win big tomorrow. Real big. Like 30+ points big. Just dominate the gators in all areas, take the crowd out of it entirely, by the start of the 4th Q we’ll all be enjoying the backups getting playing time all over the field.

The only time they get really loud is when called out and challenged like last year. Otherwise, meh.
Plus it was mostly "piped in" artificial noise.

I did like the little how-to handouts Kirby had distributed to fans and posted that 'splained to fans how to fan. Mizzou vibe imo.

Last edited:
Agree. A lot of people in the media, fans, etc still don’t understand Heupels offense is run first. And we have 3 very talented RB’s we can rotate all night long. Same with DL, I love that RG rotates so many guys.

I’ve been saying it all week and I’m no football expert but we’re going to lean on our running game and defense more so this season than Heupels first two years. Why? Because that’s our strength. He’s a smart coach who exposes weaknesses and mismatches from our opponents.

And if Milton and WR’s start making the plays they’re capable of? Watch the f out. This team could be better than last years team.

But even if the passing game isn’t great this year it’ll be good enough to win most of our games because of the strength of this team - running the ball and defense. JMO

I think we’re going to win big tomorrow. Real big. Like 30+ points big. Just dominate the gators in all areas, take the crowd out of it entirely, by the start of the 4th Q we’ll all be enjoying the backups getting playing time all over the field.

I think we get off to a faster start this year against Florida. We really had a lot of penalties kill early drives last year.

And we still got so far out in front that every "miracle," piece of luck, and echo of "history" (as the guys hanging on History's nads like to say) wasn't enough to put Florida man back together again.

We murdered the "history" narrative last year.

Last edited:
Looks like we may be dealing with typical late summer Florida weather tomorrow night. Seeing 60% chances for scattered storms between 2-8 ET tomorrow. All it takes for any delay is lightning nearby..

Looks like we may be dealing with typical late summer Florida weather tomorrow night. Seeing 60% chances for scattered storms between 2-8 ET tomorrow. All it takes for any delay is lightning nearby..
F---ing @Glitch. At least his thread was pulled in time to divert the hurricane. But we still have weather glitches as an after-effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back