Recruiting Football Talk VII

I'd trade Mizzou for a box of donuts. They just don't belong here.
Trading Mizzu for donuts is crazy talk. The SEC would just let Georgia play them every year. They've already been allowed to schedule nothing but cupcakes for years. They'd absolutely kill a box of donuts.

Mmmmm, donuts..... donuts-homer-simpson.gif

I’m about to get flamed but SEC should just make it a 24 team conference:

Tennessee, vandy, Kentucky, auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Florida state, Miami, Clemson, SC, Duke, North Carolina, NCST, Vatech, UVA, Arkansas, lsu, Mizzou, ole miss, miss st, OU, Texas, Texas A&M

😀😀😀

Tennessee, vandy, Kentucky, auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Florida state, Miami, Clemson, SC, Duke, North Carolina, NCST, Vatech, UVA, Arkansas, lsu, Mizzou, ole miss, miss st, OU, Texas, Texas A&M

😀😀😀
20 teams is good.

Take out mizzu, aTm, tejas, and okie.

I like the rest of them and it geographically makes sense. Keep a East and West division and only play 1 maybe 2, out of conference game a year (homecoming and season opener).

No WiFi in the Nursing Home?
Laugh now. You won't be laughing when the Terminators come for you.

Hasta-la-Vista-Baby-GIF-Terminator-2-Il-Giorno-del-Giudizio-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-T-800-MEME-Italiano.gif

I do strongly believe that FSU and Clemson are SEC schools stuck in the ACC. Both schools have more SEC qualities than Florida and South Carolina.
Not exactly a compliment.

So they cheat, suck up to Sankey, and are trash?

Neither are great at baseball too - a staple of SEC. And FSU might be just a little too good at basketball - a sport SEC teams should suck at except for us 😅

Forget it - kick out Florida. Keep USCjr. Add Wake Forest and UVA. Add Florida to ACC to strengthen them.

Restore some balance to this god awful mess Sankey and the moneygrubbers have created ruining the national game.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

😀😀😀
4 six team divisions...
Top 2 teams from each division qualify for a single elimination tournament, with the winner being the SEC Champion...

Don't underestimate the need for a bull of a possession and blocking receiver in this offense. When we rely so much on screens, a hard nosed blocker, and a road grading receiver like Bru is invaluable. And as often as we throw up 50/50 deep balls, putting us behind the chains, we need that guy that can consistently get us 6-8-12 yards on the perimeter.
People ALWAYS undervalue guys like Bru.

Allowing FSU and Clemson to join the B1G is a huge mistake imo.
Consolidating the sport into 2, very regional, conferences of only the best teams, while letting the rest to rot and die is a mistake.

Tell them to get their a**** back and we'll send a couple more competitive teams their way to increase competitive, regional, and economic balance.

Oh wait, that's what a properly managed sport would do for the good of the game. Clearly not this mess of a sport being ran by 3 or 4 selfish, greedy commissioners who can't see the forest for the trees 😔

The insane asylum, truly.

Like I said before, Joe definitely deserves his fair share of the blame pie. I'm just not giving him vast majority of it like everyone else.
You keep saying "blame"...it's not blame, it's just stating facts. I don't blame Joe for not being able to process the field quickly under pressure and throw accurately...he just can't do it as well as elite QBs...I think he gave it everything he had and I appreciate him for it.

I'm glad you don't have WNML where you live. Listening to Swain and Kevin Simon discuss this team would cause you to have a stroke.
They are just feeding the voracious appetite of the massive VN Idiot Margin because they realized what every other media in Tennessee did a long time ago....there is good money in it because our fanbase is weirdly masochistic.

We are both the worst and best fanbase in sports.

I suspect it'll be obvious by the bowl game this year.

I think the primary difference between hooker and Milton is that Hooker was energized by pressure and Milton was paralyzed by pressure. Every report and indication was that Milton was the film room, pop quiz and practice field king. He just seemed to tense up in games. Couldn't get out of his own way, and it caused two of our greatest issues with him--accuracy/feel/touch/etc, and lack of situational awareness. He'd hold on to the ball, hesitate, overthrow, laser-throw, and then run out of bounds on 4th down.

He has all the physical tools that seem to be limited by a mental block.
He just takes longer to circle the OODA loop...especially the more the pressure is ratcheted up.

4 six team divisions...
Top 2 teams from each division qualify for a single elimination tournament, with the winner being the SEC Champion...
Should have 3 regional Power conferences of 24 each. 72 teams playing for National Championship. 8 team playoff - 9 game conference schedule with 3 games against other Power conference teams. Teams 9-20 play 6 New Years Day Bowl games - 9 vs10, 11 vs 12 etc

That’s fair to have concerns. You’re exactly right that his clock starts ticking this next year. Overall he’s exceeded expectations so far but the circumstances change and with that comes renewed expectations
So...why is this negative sounding "clock ticking" next year...why did it not start last year when he had a NC contending team already?

Seems like some arbitrary time keeping 🦬💩 to me that satisfies an urge to be negative towards our coach...like just waiting for him to fail.

So...why is this negative sounding "clock ticking" next year...why did it not start last year when he had a NC contending team already?

Seems like some arbitrary time keeping 🦬💩 to me that satisfies an urge to be negative towards our coach...like just waiting for him to fail.
Probably due to roster turnover. "His" classes. "His" players. "His" time to be judged. Don't have to agree; but not arbitrary either.

I hope you're right...I could see it happening if we stay healthy and get some things to go our way..

Also, and this is a HUGE IF...the SECorrupt will call off their hitmen and give us a fair shake.
I guarantee you if it happens at home it'll make Ole Miss look like mild displeasure. It was tempered last year because we really had no hope of catching Georgia. If we are in the running and they f*** us that place will explode and it will get ugly. I'm wearing my helmet to all home games just incase.

Last edited:
Consolidating the sport into 2, very regional, conferences of only the best teams, while letting the rest to rot and die is a mistake.

Tell them to get their a**** back and we'll send a couple more competitive teams their way to increase competitive, regional, and economic balance.

Oh wait, that's what a properly managed sport would do for the good of the game. Clearly not this mess of a sport being ran by 3 or 4 selfish, greedy commissioners who can't see the forest for the trees 😔

The insane asylum, truly.
I don't like all this crap either...but it is what is at this point and it's not going back, and since we are in the SEC it behooves us to want the best financial result for Tennessee...I think letting two huge programs from the south into the B1G is a mistake when TV contracts are inevitably going to get renewed down the road.

VN Store

Back