Recruiting Football Talk VII

I always love when someone references the OODA loop. Well done.
I think coaches should figure out a effective test for QBs that can accurately score them on how fast they can move through the loop and diagnose the right act to take and execute it.

For a QB in our system it is the absolute most important quality IMO....a QB in this system has to see what to do quickly AND have just enough of an arm to make the deep outs AND have just enough touch to drop it into holes.

20 teams is good.

Take out mizzu, aTm, tejas, and okie.

I like the rest of them and it geographically makes sense. Keep a East and West division and only play 1 maybe 2, out of conference game a year (homecoming and season opener).
Screw all that

Everybody should

Go back to where they belong! Bring back geographic relevancy!

Milton's problems were plenty. One could ignore seeing him in-game, look back on his numbers, and say, "He was a really good QB that the coaches failed to use". Or one could remember in-game Milton, look at his stats and ask, "How did the staff end up getting so much out of him?"
It is hard to see on TV but Joe missed (did not see) tons of open receivers and ended up trying to make a more difficult play, he struggled to read defenses and anticipate the open man or men. Or maybe he saw some of them and didn't pull the trigger in time.

I’m about to get flamed but SEC should just make it a 24 team conference:

Tennessee, vandy, Kentucky, auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Florida state, Miami, Clemson, SC, Duke, North Carolina, NCST, Vatech, UVA, Arkansas, lsu, Mizzou, ole miss, miss st, OU, Texas, Texas A&M

😀😀😀
Minus clemson, miami, UNC, Duke, and fsu.

Add Wake, BC, and GT.

Then send UF, UGA, USCjr, to the ACC to bolster that league and regionality.

Reactions: HalfullVol
I suspect it'll be obvious by the bowl game this year.

I think the primary difference between hooker and Milton is that Hooker was energized by pressure and Milton was paralyzed by pressure. Every report and indication was that Milton was the film room, pop quiz and practice field king. He just seemed to tense up in games. Couldn't get out of his own way, and it caused two of our greatest issues with him--accuracy/feel/touch/etc, and lack of situational awareness. He'd hold on to the ball, hesitate, overthrow, laser-throw, and then run out of bounds on 4th down.

He has all the physical tools that seem to be limited by a mental block.
You can see it on his face and in his demeanor, he doesn't handle pressure well or puts too much on himself.

Should have 3 regional Power conferences of 24 each. 72 teams playing for National Championship. 8 team playoff - 9 game conference schedule with 3 games against other Power conference teams. Teams 9-20 play 6 New Years Day Bowl games - 9 vs10, 11 vs 12 etc

So...only play the other biggest programs and keep it all in-house and make the rich richer?

Out of 260+ D1 programs, 72 survive and ~190 are left to crash and burn? So the likes of a future USF, Cinci, UCF, Boise, Utah never sees the day of light again, because there's no route or money.

At minimum, keep playing the rest of CFB and allow for promotion and relegation. But I hate the consolidation and killing off regardless.

So much of running this offense is hidden in intangibles. I mean, the end results do end up in some jumbled data, but it's not as clear as usual. This offense is pretty unique in how important managing and running it quickly is. Not everyone is built for it.

Imo HH got us set up, running at max efficiency, in the right plays much more often.

JM seemed to struggle on running the offense and seeing the guys open. Which is why you saw more "check with mes". To a (much lesser) degree what HB had shown (and with a much slower offense).

This is where, if scouting is accurate, Nico will excel. Throw in his ability to make nontraditional throws (side arm, whippers, etc) and his quick elusiveness and it's easy to see how he could eclipse HH in this offense. But he needs some time and patience like anyone that green.
One play sums it up for me. Granted it was in garbage time, Nico had no one open decided to tuck and run. He stops just short of the LOS and short arms it and hits a receiver (Castles iirc) that came open when the safety came off him to play the qb run. I needed to see no more.

Tennessee, vandy, Kentucky, auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Florida state, Miami, Clemson, SC, Duke, North Carolina, NCST, Vatech, UVA, Arkansas, lsu, Mizzou, ole miss, miss st, OU, Texas, Texas A&M

😀😀😀
I could see it especially as we are on the path to super conferences. It would be far and away the best conference.

Reactions: mrMet
Allowing FSU and Clemson to join the B1G is a huge mistake imo.

Maybe, but it could also be a mistake for Clemson and especially FSU. Their lifeblood is recruiting HS kids who grow up watching southeastern football rivalries. They grow up with athletes who play for southern schools and friends who root for southern schools. They probably prefer to play in warm weather. NIL money has changed recruiting but, all else equal, southeastern recruits have more of a connection to the SEC than the B1G.

😀😀😀
Pass.

Not sure what i'll find to do. But i'm 99% confident you morans will finally have rid of me.

Reactions: mrMet and knoxvol52
Jamal Wallace needs to relax on social media. I mean, I get it… you’re excited but JFC relax with the attention seeking posts to volnation

I wonder how many NFL fans pray their division becomes the most insanely difficult of all the divisions. It's pretty preverse and masochistic lol
In for a quarter, in for a buck. The CFP would be a ten team SEC playoff with two other teams invited from elsewhere, maybe two from the B10.

VN Store

Back