Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a weird statement. The one out of place sentence about FSU reads like a non sequitur. I read that twice and I'm still not sure what he is trying to say about FSU specifically.
I think he’s on FSU’s side and is trying to tie their success in women’s water polo to the success FSU has had across all sports.

Y'all... this Eli Purcell PWO LB looks like a steal, as far as bolstering your depth.

Wofford, FCS blah blah blah he can play some dang football. Few clips of him shedding blocks making tackles @ VT as a sophomore too. Two year starter at Wofford. That's not a normal POW lol. Pretty nice luxury to have a senior like him as a 3rd-4th string emergency guy. Doesn't look that slow either...out there knocking heads.

Haven’t watched much of Eli, but his dad went to school with my brother. Family is all orange. Happy to see him at UT.

I think he meant, "We're not surprised FSU wants out because they're not dedicated to upholding academic standards like the rest of us." He probably didn't say it directly because he didn't want to be forced into a debate. It's easier to claim the moral and intellectual high ground than it is to defend it.
I don’t believe so. FSU is rated higher than most ACC schools academically. They are literally two spots behind Wake. Duke, UNC, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, and Wake are the only schools ranked over them academically. It’s a wild misperception that FSU is not a great academic school. It’s a top 20 public university in the country.
IMG_1033.png

Other teams have played cover 2 against us last year the difference is that many times they were sucked up due to the fact that Hooker was a constant threat to run, Joe was not.
The defensive strategy against Joe was obvious. Take away the deep ball, slow the run game, and force Joe to make several plays to drive the offense down the field. He wasn't consistent enough to make things happen against the better defenses. I think his deficiencies really showed up in the redzone.

Maybe uf and sc do have more influence but to say that Texas is only in the SEC because of Oklahoma is laughable. It's more the exact opposite. They are here because of money plain and simple. Espn knows that Texas will bring in more viewers. More viewers=More money. And believe me Texas will bring a ton more viewers over Oklahoma. It doesn't matter to the TV companies where a school or team is located. They care more about the fan base that tune in.
I see it slightly differently. I believe Texas and Oklahoma are in the SEC because our conference did not want them joining the Big Ten. Oklahoma and Texas have both been showing their displeasure in the big 12 for sometime. Everyone knew a big conference would grab them. The SEC was not going to allow the Big Ten to get a stake hold in the south. It’s the same reason I think these rumors of Florida State not getting in ridiculous. The SEC will never allow the Big Ten to come into the south or the south east. That would be the dumbest move they could make. And as for recruiting? You don’t think kids from the south would mind playing four games and cooler weather in those massive stadiums? I wouldn’t want to open that can of worms. The big 10 would benefit tremendously by adding Florida State and Clemson to their conference.

The defensive strategy against Joe was obvious. Take away the deep ball, slow the run game, and force Joe to make several plays to drive the offense down the field. He wasn't consistent enough to make things happen against the better defenses. I think his deficiencies really showed up in the redzone.
Joe being not much of a threat to run added an extra defender in the passing game.

Hendo's 2 year average:
68.9% completion %
3,040 yards passing (season)
9.65 yard per attempt
29 Passing TDs
4 INTS
Total TDs: 34

Joe this year:
64.7% completion %
2,813 passing yards
7.9 yard per attempt
20 Passing TDs
5 INTs
Total TDs: 27

Those numbers "mirror" to me.
Now do QBR, also, 4% completion percentage and YPA are more significant than what they look on paper

Hendo's 2 year average:
68.9% completion %
9.65 yard per attempt
29 Passing TDs
4 INTS

Joe this year:
64.7% completion %
2,813 passing yards
7.9 yard per attempt
20 Passing TDs
5 INTs

You also need to account hooker played in 10.5 games each year here while milton had the whole season

Hendo's 2 year average:
68.9% completion %
9.65 yard per attempt
29 Passing TDs
4 INTS

Joe this year:
64.7% completion %
2,813 passing yards
7.9 yard per attempt
20 Passing TDs
5 INTs

Most telling numbers to me are the YPA. Fact we had to throw screen after screen, then miss over middle. Next play, run run run fifty yard bomb, punt.

Also, Id like to see comparable first downs picked up on runs. Milton could have absolutely crushed defenses, time in and time out. Instead opted for a check down throw. Sigh, I may never get over it.

Its like Joe, the Red Sea is parted. Whyyy?

I think you should take into account that Hendon had three NFL players to throw too.

Squirrel aside...Milton's receivers, notsomuch.
The WRs would've looked better with HH. There is no doubt they weren't as good as last year, but some of it is touch, placement, timing, and finding the right guy.

Most telling numbers to me are the YPA.

Also, Id like to see comparable first downs picked up on runs. Milton could have absolutely crushed defenses, time in and time out. Instead opted for a check down throw. Sigh, I may never get over it.

Its like Joe, the Red Sea is parted. Whyyy?
He could've made a name for himself by running over people. He was good at it when he did it. . . but he was real bad when he didnt. @Glitch

The WRs would've looked better with HH. There is no doubt they weren't as good as last year, but some of it is touch, placement, timing, and finding the right guy.
I will always say that difference between PM and TM was catchable passes. Peyton had that touch. He could throw wounded duck, but it had arc, and timing.

Tee may look like he swallowed an inner tube these days, but back in the day he and Jamal Lewis, and Al Wilson were competitive in the gym. He had a near 500 lb bench press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back