Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the drop in yearly production, it can be due to losing players AND Golesh.

No doubt in my mind Golesh is a special coaching talent and his loss hurt the overall staff capabilities. Also, Hooker and Hyatt were a match made in heaven.

You don’t drop from 46 PPG to 31.5 PPG and it be one thing. That’s 31% lower!

It’s the loss of Golesh and players and you can’t convince me otherwise. Respect my decision.
Yep.

The argument on here that Golesh did not matter, it was all Heup is silly. No successful coach is an island unto himself, they all need quality right hand guys. The buck just stops with the HC. Alex was one of those elite right hand guys that has proven he was this season with USF. Ignoring what I learned from a VFL close to the program over the last few years, the obvious clue for posters on here should have been that Golesh was trotted out for pressers far more than any assistant coach for the previous two years. All fans were impressed with his knowledge of the game and communication, even on here. Joey H was an intern learning from two highly capable HC's along with other experienced staff. Time will tell if he learned well enough.

Interwebs says it 15 wide and 54 long. I can walk probably 8-10 miles in a day, being out if shape, in the Mts. I would say 3-4 days. Again, the hypothetical is assuming little to no gear.

First thing would be a fire. No fire, no bueno. No potable water, call it off.
I'd probably just take my time to get back, make it like a vacation, 😂

The WRs would've looked better with HH. There is no doubt they weren't as good as last year, but some of it is touch, placement, timing, and finding the right guy.
This - without question. Timing of throws would have been much better, reducing alligator arms of receivers for fear of getting crushed. Easier balls to catch with less unnecessary velocity. Guys were wide open so often, but Joe would lock on unless he had a year in the pocket to look around. Always went deep into coverage with routes underneath running wide open. Frustrating.

They beat the SEC champ on the road plus the SEC was way down this year. They’d have likely had the same record.
Yep. Our fans often act like the SEC is the NFL. Texas would be in the CFP this year in the SEC. Yes, they came within an eyelash of losing to KState with Ewers out. Guess what? Missouri needed to hit the longest FG in SEC history to beat KState at home as time expired…and that was WITH their starting QB. How’d Missouri do in the SEC this year?

Texas would’ve been just fine in the SEC this year. Probably 12-1.

Milroe was awful until about half way through the year. The Bama team that is now is completely different than when Texas played them earlier in the season. If they rematch, Bama will beat them.
Probably. But SEC teams have to play other SEC teams early too. That’s part of the way this works. Tennessee’s loss to Florida counts the same, even if we’d probably have beaten them in November.

Yep. Our fans often act like the SEC is the NFL. Texas would be in the CFP this year in the SEC. Yes, they came within an eyelash of losing to KState with Ewers out. Guess what? Missouri needed to hit the longest FG in SEC history to beat KState at home as time expired…and that was WITH their starting QB. How’d Missouri do in the SEC this year?

Texas would’ve been just fine in the SEC this year. Probably 12-1.
Fans usually act like the SEC is the NFL because the teams get better as the year goes on and usually win bowl games and playoffs even though they get matched up with teams with a much higher ranking. The AL that TX beat is not the same. They didn’t play anyone else in their conference. Oh wait… that one team that was kinda good. They lost.

I heard this week from a P5 coach. Last year in Big 12, one team spent 24 million on NIL and another team spent 3million. The richer are already getting richer. And BTW, that Big 12 team that spent 24 million will play in the SEC in 2024. If the Vols want to compete with the big boys, we will need a lot of money.
But you're talking TV money. That's a wash.

That's why I despise ruining CFB for self-interested TV dollars. It's a total wash vs all your rivals and in-conference. It mostly helps the bottom dwellers.

Also can't go to NiL currently. More million dollar dumbbell replacements and barber shops and maintaining the circus.

Iirc baseball has league sharing, maybe we should have some of that to keep the sport...an actual sport and not a circus. Not ideal, but this is ridiculous how the national game has fell apart in just a couple years.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back