Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
No angst in saying if we have a couple injuries that other guys literally have to play.

Maybe it was me asking those questions that got you riled up but those were just questions. 7 seems like enough. Probably.
Good thing if EVERYBODY “has to play” instead of the neglected orphans at the end of the bench.

And Ramel Keyton made two of the biggest catches in Volunteer history last year along with a lot of other good catches over the year...so whatever his problem catching the ball is this year...I don't giv-a-💩....I will always love him for those awesome plays.
It's frustrating, because we know what he's capable of.

And Ramel Keyton made two of the biggest catches in Volunteer history last year along with a lot of other good catches over the year...so whatever his problem catching the ball is this year...I don't giv-a-💩....I will always love him for those awesome plays.
Have said repeatedly that the great catch against Florida cemented his legacy in a good way. That being said? I’m glad his legacy is past tense.

I think Kiffin is trying to maximize a short-term window. He knows he has a favorable schedule next year and is trying to rent the players to ride that to the playoffs. That will either springboard him to a position he wants more or net him more money and better terms at Ole Miss. He's banking on transfers' self-interests helping his self-interests. To your point, chemistry is fickle and I'm not sure he can herd cats long enough to make it work. But it will be something to watch.
yeah, said it another post, but that's right, he's just created his own window and it's a '24 or bust....and i think no matter what, he's gone after next year.

Well, yeah I can agree with that. Talking strictly the starting OL, I like what we’ve got overall.

As far as depth goes, we have no idea how the upcoming 2nd and 3rd year guys will develop this offseason. Comes down to depth and evaluation. For whatever reason, the staff isn’t making OL a huge priority in the portal it seems. Maybe they like what they’ve got in the younger guys. Pure speculation.
Agreed on both counts..I also think we can compete with the upper echelon with our starting Ol, and on the other point, that is why I said it isn't "visible" yet..it isn't to us because we don't get to see those guys hardly at all.

Maybe he'll work harder at it now that he's where he wants to be on the depth chart. As you point out, he can fall down it just like he climbed up it.

Castles and Warren were good blockers. Even with TE talent coming in, we'll miss them.
Yep...I wish we could have at least got Castles for one more year...it sucks he was just a one year guy because he showed promise...I would like to have seen what Nico could do with him.

We win a bowl game over one of the better defenses in the country. Having completed the best 3 year stretch in the last 16 years and we have fans complaining because certain players did not play or the offensive line was not good enough.
Coaches played the players on defense that pitched a shutout and even scored a pick six.
OL helped produce a 130 yard RB.

I guess everyone has forgotten what a clown show this was under Pruitt. This staff has done an excellent job. Good grief - this is bordering on the miraculous playing in the SEC.
no, i don't think that's the case at all. i think it's just a very good sign that the whole attitude toward this program has changed. expectations are different, and if you're winning 9 games on the regular in the SEC....you're alot closer to winning it than you are when you're only winning 4 or 5.

so being engaged enough to see what pieces are needed to get closer to where we want to be is actually a sign of how far the program has come, in just 3 seasons with the staff.

going in to a little more detail, i think what has most people, rightfully so, riled up about the O line at all is the overall depth isn't there, and the pass protection isn't good enough. to a man, i think everyone agrees this OL has been very good in the run game.

as for the defense, i think the best way to put it is that our defense DOMINATED what most suspected to be a bad offense. so in essence, they did what they should do, and then some, against a bad offense. no shame in that. they played well. it doesn't mean they're ready to line up against michael penix and Washington's offense and be "great".

i think part of the problem around here is that people forget more than one thing can be true at the same time..............................

If Ole Miss is preseason Top 5 next year, then they'll be overrated.
not based on the roster they won't. doesn't mean they'll finish that way, but i suspect they'll be right there when pre season hype starts up.

and i'm for it. it'll take away some hype from us and we can just go about our business.

I’m not sure what I was expecting but did not expect how smooth and quick Nico looked running the ball. He also looked to have every bit of the velocity and quick release Joe has. His deep ball to Keyton looked perfect had 9 tracked it. He’s a more talented Hendo Cinco. I might actually pay attention spring practice reports this time.
Yea, I knew Nico was athletic enough to run when need be, but I didn’t know he was fast enough to burn the defense a few times like that and I also didnt know he was that willing to run jt

You posted Brazzell, Matthews and Staley were “already here”. Stay on point.

? Yes they are all signed or did I miss something?

Original post said Webb and Nimrod leave. In my mind the room would then be Bru off an injury, Squirrel, those 3 you mentioned, Thornton who struggles with health, Leacock.

So I was thinking that’s not enough depth at the position.

But like I said earlier in my response post where you were looking to argue with me, I wasn’t studying a depth chart. I’d still prefer to lose neither.

I hope this explanation is satisfactory.

If Ole Miss is preseason Top 5 next year, then they'll be overrated.
not based on the roster they won't. doesn't mean they'll finish that way, but i suspect they'll be right there when pre season hype starts up.

and i'm for it. it'll take away some hype from us and we can just go about our business.

Reactions: DarthVol1
9th year of playoffs. Clemson was #9 in composite rankings both times. This year will make it 33%.
Common theme in all the outliers has been elite QB play. So a solid roster, well coached and developed, with an elite QB can win a championship. Sounds like what Heupel has been working toward. Almost like he knows...

Certainly not qualified to make that conclusion. I absolutely appreciate all health care practitioners who went out into the world and got degreed to listen to other people's BS. You really do have to be a special person to do that job.
Lol...the stupid overreaching psychobabble garbage is a huge problem in this world.

I never met a person with true mental issues that went around talking about it to everybody...I have personally dealt with people with true mental problems in my family and one of my very best friends my whole life...I know what the hell I'm talking about.

So..suck it...this is one thing you ain't pulling your dumb virtue signaling 🦬💩 with.

I disagree with point 2. There’s always an exception:

Trey Smith
Spraggins played well as a Freshman also.

Maybe one of our OL signees will be good on Day 1. I know it’s not the norm, but not as rare as people think also
Seems nit-picky. Cant depend on exceptions if you need many of them. Better to bring in more talent than rely on everyone turning out to be an exception to the norm.

Reactions: Jack Burton
True that last snap was a pure disaster. Still all of America thinks they called a draw, but they didn't, he freaked out. If he had run to his left he had a chance.
It looked like the play was supposed to go off tackle or in between the guard and tackle. The bad snap (the first one I have seen Bama have this year) through off the timing and it was a busted play.

UT coaches set a valuation and are very confident in it. They seldom chase numbers higher and don't like to renegotiate. Kiffin does both, and maybe Baron and McDonald will be worth it for him. They weren't for UT.
Thanks for the insight. It is always greatly appreciated by me, and I imagine many others. We fans really don't matter to this process, besides giving and attending, but having a shared vision is helpful for those efforts too.

It looked like the play was supposed to go off tackle or in between the guard and tackle. The bad snap (the first one I have seen Bama have this year) through off the timing and it was a busted play.

Some commentator showed where it was supposed to go, but I cannot remember. Only that it was not a draw and Milroe scrambled. Things happen for a reason. I won't question this one.

Reactions: rikberry31
Lol...the stupid overreaching psychobabble garbage is a huge problem in this world.

I never met a person with true mental issues that went around talking about it to everybody...I have personally dealt with people with true mental problems in my family and one of my very best friends my whole life...I know what the hell I'm talking about.

So..suck it...this is one thing you ain't pulling your dumb virtue signaling 🦬💩 with.
When did you sense I was virtue signaling? Not everything has to have a label, and is 🦛💩. I mean almost everything is 🦛💩.

Like why all Scooters Coffee places are built in most random places, and are never busy. Then across the street another coffee place is going in, on an equally less busy place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back