Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just need Bru to say he's officially coming back and I think we will be really good to great at WR.

Keyton was good when he had dudes around him. He's average. Webb and Nimrod are average. Solid back ups, but they are essentially Jimmy Holiday and Walker Merrill.

Bru, Brazzell, Squirrel, Thornton, Leacock, Matthews and Stayley are all more talented than Nimrod, Keyton and Webb.

Will be a completely different room next year.
Webb and Nimrod are much better than Holiday and Merrill were imo. I wonder if Leacock can’t get in the field this year if he doesn’t transfer.

Yeah why are so many people overreacting to the bad o-line play? Let's just not acknowledge how we were basically down 4 starters. (Mincey out of position) Against a really good defense no less.

The only way we see a patchwork o-line like that is if 3-4 starters get hurt and that pretty much ruins any offensive line. Not even Bama, UGA, Michigan or Ohio State will have a good o-line if they loss over half their starters.

We have four starters back, some experienced old guys and an entire offseason of development for for the youngins.

Just throwing this out there, Lampley was our highest graded lineman. Dude played pretty well.
Because it’s the same story just a different year.
No SEC quality depth. Lose one starter and it’s a major difference.

Bama, UGA, Michigan have much better quality depth

Not that impressed by him, but as I always say, my opinion doesn't matter. I just don't see him as a step up. More just a body to potentially fill out the roster. I think we could do better.
I don't feel like you always say that...

Need more ball movement like that last possession.... Gotta get the ball inside more... The offense looks so much more in rhythm...

Looking at some of the sacks from the highlights. Correct me if someone sees it differently but this is what I saw. This does not speak to overall play of course and I am no line expert. I either missed a couple or they did not show the others as I believe there were 6 total. Dayne seemed to be the weakest link in the sacks here.

1. .40 Looked like Davis got straight whipped

2. 5:09 I think this was Cade's guy as Cade was the only one not engaged and he did touch him.

3. 6:30 1st Cade gets moved off his spot, and he pursues guy away from Nico, but Lane loses his guy shortly after in the direction Nico is fleeing. I think Nico should have thrown this one away. Nothing as bad as #1 & #4.

4. 6:40 It seems like Dayne doesn't see the guy as his assignment and or it was a missed RB pickup by Sampson. Because the RB barely impedes him. Maybe both to blame?

To their credit:
11:50-12:15 are back to back plays showing 1st great run blocking and 2nd good pass pro for the Castles TD.

Never as bad or good as it 1st seems imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back