Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
35th in the country with 41.3 net punt average, which is the stat that matters. But better the rankings don’t take into account number of punts (first 3 listed had combined 7 punts on the season and others listed had less than 5, some only a single punt).

First punter with normal amount would FL’s punter ranking 4th @ 44.3 net yards.

So 3 yards better than Jackson Ross.

3 crucial yards. 😴

35th in the country with 41.3 net punt average, which is the stat that matters. But better the rankings don’t take into account number of punts (first 3 listed had combined 7 punts on the season and others listed had less than 5, some only a single punt).

First punter with normal amount would FL’s punter ranking 4th @ 44.3 net yards.

So 3 yards better than Jackson Ross.

Very good at pinning teams deep. ST obviously worked on that.

The one game that mattered most UF Mays was out and Nico was still very new. IMO once we lost that game the things we were playing for were cut in half and the risk reward was amplified. You swap Nico and he does well you lose Milton and half the team. Joe was not alone in losing games they were group losses and those other team issues would have applied with or without Nico.
Young LBs misplaying and giving up huge cutback runs was the main issue....well that and the crooked ass SECorrupt refs..lest ye forget how big of a part they played.

You have to give whoever designed and called those runs to attack our LBs, was pretty smart, and the Florida players execution of those plays was also really good....I was thinking during the game that they must have practiced the hell out of them that week

So..imo...Pili out, Mays out, the SECorrupt refs dry 🤬ing us like they ALWAYS did this year, Florida going up and getting the crowd really into it..all played a huge part in that discombulated abomination.

I gave up soda a couple of years ago except for an occasional drink. Don’t miss it at all, but I just can’t give up sweet tea. I would love to get off sugar all together, but currently don’t have the will to do it. 😀
I’ve been saying it for a year, it’s so hard! Especially when I think about I only really drink alcohol on the weekends so I would only ever have water. Seems miserable lol

Which Vols get drafted this year?

Milton off measureables
Wright potentially the first one picked - maybe second round?
Wouldn’t be shocked of someone spent a 7th rounder on Dee Williams

Doubt Lally Or McCullough get picked.

Who else?

Reactions: DD4ME
Which Vols get drafted this year?

Milton off measureables
Wright potentially the first one picked - maybe second round?
Wouldn’t be shocked of someone spent a 7th rounder on Dee Williams

Doubt Lally Or McCullough get picked.

Who else?

Would be incredibly shocked if Dee Williams got drafted. He’s got UDFA who makes a team as a return guy written all over him

Now ya’ll see why he’s banned from Basketball forum posting 😂🤣😂

JJJ is playing the best he has, that’s not overrating anything. What does “DK isn’t that guy” even mean? Being the leading scorer on a top 5 team Who shoots 45% from the field 36% from deep and over 81% from the line would in fact suggest he -is- that guy…but don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative I guess.

My biggest concern, which you do make a valid point about is the inconsistency from the bigs, specifically Aidoo.

Don’t expect him to score 29 with 11 rebounds a night, but also he can’t vanish and be a 4 point and 4 rebounds a night guy either. Awaka plays with the effort Barnes expects from his guys and if he can continue to do it without fouling Aidoo is going to lose a lot of minutes. Even JP saw more minutes than Aidoo last night.
agree on JJJ and Aidoo 100%. I like what i've seen of JP so far. would be ok with him getting more minutes. and i think for DK to be more of "that guy" that's going to be dependent upon how we get him the ball. transition, inside out ball movement etc. this running around the perimeter and playing what looks like 4 corners Bball sometimes, isn't gonna cut it.

sometimes it feels like we drive the ball w/out consideration of what we're trying to accomplish. so many times we drive, and stop....like there's nothing designed.

anyway, that's a consistency thing i think....and if they can get better at it, it will open up driving lanes and provide those rhythm type shots guys like Vescovi and DK can hit regularly.

Jaylen Wright I think is the best option to draft, size, speed, production and health he has a good combine and I think he’s first Vol taken.

Joe Milton is this year’s Anthony Richardson but will teams feel the same need to draft him early?

Next I’d probably say Castles has a shot of being grabbed. Very good production for the role he was asked to play & great size.

I could see Keyton or Warren potentially getting snagged late…but seem more likely to be UDFA pick ups. Both have great size & showed amazing durability in their careers here.

Hadden probably didn’t do enough for the injury to not have killed his shot sadly.

Jaylen Wright I think is the best option to draft, size, speed, production and health he has a good combine and I think he’s first Vol taken.

Joe Milton is this year’s Anthony Richardson but will teams feel the same need to draft him early?

Next I’d probably say Castles has a shot of being grabbed. Very good production for the role he was asked to play & great size.

I could see Keyton or Warren potentially getting snagged late…but seem more likely to be UDFA pick ups. Both have great size & showed amazing durability in their careers here.

Hadden probably didn’t do enough for the injury to not have killed his shot sadly.

I don’t think keyton will run well enough to get picked. Plus he just had such a bad/inconsistent year.

I forgot about Hadden. I can see him getting picked.

agree on JJJ and Aidoo 100%. I like what i've seen of JP so far. would be ok with him getting more minutes. and i think for DK to be more of "that guy" that's going to be dependent upon how we get him the ball. transition, inside out ball movement etc. this running around the perimeter and playing what looks like 4 corners Bball sometimes, isn't gonna cut it.

sometimes it feels like we drive the ball w/out consideration of what we're trying to accomplish. so many times we drive, and stop....like there's nothing designed.

anyway, that's a consistency thing i think....and if they can get better at it, it will open up driving lanes and provide those rhythm type shots guys like Vescovi and DK can hit regularly.

JP had some really smart plays and him and DK combined for a few good baskets. JP got a nice dunk in transition and also found DK for an easy bucket in the lane at one point.

Awaka is the effort you want all the bigs to play with, Aidoo is a weapon when he’s on but I am just not sure if he’s an inside big like we want him to play at. JP could be a mix of both…excited to see how he develops.

Definitely agree we need to drive with a plan more & it’d be good if other guys did more to help the driver. It’s not always easy to kick to a guy waiting behind the 3 pt line in traffic, why DK diving to rim and JP finding him was nice to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back