Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
JP had some really smart plays and him and DK combined for a few good baskets. JP got a nice dunk in transition and also found DK for an easy bucket in the lane at one point.

Awaka is the effort you want all the bigs to play with, Aidoo is a weapon when he’s on but I am just not sure if he’s an inside big like we want him to play at. JP could be a mix of both…excited to see how he develops.

Definitely agree we need to drive with a plan more & it’d be good if other guys did more to help the driver. It’s not always easy to kick to a guy waiting behind the 3 pt line in traffic, why DK diving to rim and JP finding him was nice to see.
yeah, it feels like we used to do a lot better job of moving w/out the ball in previous years. hard cutting to the basket, hedge bigs out to create passing lanes...to me, it just looks like we're very willing to settle for outside shots instead of forcing things inside. i think that's also one of the reasons we sometimes wind up on the short end of the foul totals....refs typically favor a style of offense that is intentional, and forced a defender to react. instead, we react to the defense we're getting. that's just a very general observation, not necessarily indicative of "every game".

and yeah, i liked a lot of what i saw from JP and DK on the court together. that transition basket you're talking about was awesome.

we're too good and experienced at guard not to be better offensively in my opinion. and we seem to have a piece that's been missing in DK. and depth inside and an improved JJJ.

very high ceiling for this team. just want to see them start to go that direction soon.....

I don’t think keyton will run well enough to get picked. Plus he just had such a bad/inconsistent year.

I forgot about Hadden. I can see him getting picked.

Keyton was 3rd in SEC in yard per catch, last year he was 6th. Caught over 30 passes in both seasons & snagged at least 5 TDs in each too. Considering he was never the first or even second option in most of those 26 games that’s really good production.

Plus 6’3” and almost 200lbs…if he runs well he’ll get some attention.

Agree or disagree? Ole Miss seems unprovingly high. They have a love affair with Mizzou also.

Missouri's fate next season will hinge on the QB play of other teams. Their defense eats up mediocre QB play but really isn't going to slow down good QB play. Their offense is good not great and doesn't keep up when the other team is truly high octane but they're all around a tough team. A step up from some of Kentucky's good teams over the years but built very similarly. The problem with a team like Mizzou is they're good enough to beat a more talented team, especially with the experience they've stacked up. If you have a passing game though, you can beat Mizzou.

Levis is 3-6 as a stater and 58.4%

Best game was against Atlanta when 0 tape existed of him. He threw for 4 TDs & 238 yards that game.

50% of his TDs on the year & 13.2% of his total passing yards.

The smartest thing for Levis to do is leave college rivalries in the past, but he’s proven over & over that smart isn’t a strong point.

Levis is 3-6 as a stater and 58.4%

Best game was against Atlanta when 0 tape existed of him. He threw for 4 TDs & 238 yards that game.

50% of his TDs on the year & 13.2% of his total passing yards.

The smartest thing for Levis to do is leave college rivalries in the past, but he’s proven over & over that smart isn’t a strong point.
I disliked him as much as anyone in college..........but he is now a Titan and I support him 100%. I think he's gonna be a really good QB.

but, he needs to keep his mouth shut.

It really frustrates me how antagonistic the Titans organization is to its state’s flagship university. Mike Keith is the only person over there that isn’t somewhere on the scale between ambivalent to outright hostile towards the Vols.

I disliked him as much as anyone in college..........but he is now a Titan and I support him 100%. I think he's gonna be a really good QB.

but, he needs to keep his mouth shut.

A good QB on a bad team isn’t going to continue to get fan support. He’s got the wrong kind of ego for a QB imo.

This comment (unless said in jest, which I doubt it was) is just another sign that this kid just doesn’t have it between the ears. If he did, this is not what he would be saying right now. What is the point of saying this? There is none. If he had the savvy that he needs, he’d say something about making UT fans cheer for a Kentucky QB, or about how we all have our blind spots, or something more light-hearted and endearing — not just endearing to UT fans, but just generally to any neutral observer. Instead, he thinks he’s still in the UK locker room talking about how Josh Heupel doesn’t know “real football.”

If he proves me wrong, I’ll enjoy the ride for the Titans, but I don’t see it.

Orrrr....y'all could just say..."good job Banks" 🤷‍♂️

You don't have to say "great job" or "f'n awesome job"...but it is now a quantifiable fact that he has done a "good job".

Some of our fans will never be able to say it because of their personal bias and dislike for Banks for whatever reason. The man took a job that no one else wanted and he's turned a defense around that others, who are experienced coaches, wouldn't touch. Even though fans don't get it, other coaches get it and wanted no parts of working along side Coach Heupel and taking over a defense that was non existent 3 years ago and for tha reason alone, Coach Banks deserves some respect.
In most of the defensive stats that matter, we are sitting just behind Alabama and Georgia, 2 programs that are well established and full of talent and depth. Coach Banks has done a good job and for some reason, that FACT triggers some people.

A to Z riffraff are synonymous with cheap feckless clickbait. Case in point.

I would imagine Levis was baited by someone conjuring up a horrible negative caricature of a Vols fan (which was a dirtbag anti-Vols move to begin with), then asking Levis how he would respond to "that" person, and finally cutting away everything in the response except the click-iest portion.

Phalen sounds like a idjit in his mom's basement 500 miles away "covering" things he knows nothing about.

That said, shouldn't Levis have more sense than to fall for that?

Last edited:
I like the combo.
Twss GIF - TWSS - Discover & Share GIFs

I'm not arguing that, there's the usual tournament wackiness, and then there's a low SCAR team coming out of nowhere. I just think this team needs more than usual tournament wackiness to make the run

I think it's more of avoiding the wackiness and unlucky breaks sometimes too. Both Grant/Admiral squads should have gone to the elite 8 and possibly beyond. The first team got extremely lucky in the bracket with UVA and others losing to much higher seeds that year, final 4 would have been very doable. A buzzer beater by the eventual final 4 team Loyola Chicago and then a really bad call on a 3 pointer to force OT against Purdue. Those were some tough moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back