Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
This idea that no one wanted that job is just retcon'ing what actually happened. It's fiction.

Kevin Steele wanted the job and already had his office picked out. And he had and has a hell of a stronger resume than the safeties coach at Penn State.

Tim Banks is not a good defensive coordinator. I appreciate that you all have tried to fight that fact with pure force of will. He's here because Danny White imposed a diversity requirement, because Rodney Garner is his DL coach who's unit carries the entire defense, and because Josh Heupel seems to have major resistance to moving on from bad coaches. Beyond just Banks, evidenced by Randy Shannon and Willie Martinez.
The fact that Steele already had his office picked out automatically disqualified him. Moving on from all that.

Josh Heupel is going to do things his way. Doesnā€™t matter what you think or what you want. So you have the option of looking at what is going good for us or what is going bad. There will always be both.

It really frustrates me how antagonistic the Titans organization is to its stateā€™s flagship university. Mike Keith is the only person over there that isnā€™t somewhere on the scale between ambivalent to outright hostile towards the Vols.
Sounds like the Titans press pool is too. Stupid.

Because basketball fans are soft.

Go watch DK against Kansas and Purdue. A good coach in the tournament is going to scheme him up and just rip the ball from him when he tries to drive.
I think you may be right. I heard that Ole Miss is scheming to stop him right now, they are going to break his ankle on the first trip down the floor. Ah...Jenius he was lights out until he hurt his ankle. You don't think that affected his shot?

I think you may be right. I heard that Ole Miss is scheming to stop him right now, they are going to break his ankle on the first trip down the floor. Ah...Jenius he was lights out until he hurt his ankle. You don't think that affected his shot?
He didn't hurt his ankle.until after the games I mentioned.

Good try though.

Switching from soda to water is so much healthier. I was a migraine sufferer and once I got off soda and started drinking a lot of water, the migraines stopped. Once you're off it, you'll lose the taste for it. Same thing with salt.
I have friend who stopped drinking cokes because the doctor told him it was very unhealthy, He switched to Jack Daniels and he said he felt better and was much happier.

Iā€™m still in disbelief that an AL team in the playoffs had so many snap problems. Was this normal for them this year? Out of all those stacked recruiting classes thatā€™s the best center they had? Did someone pay him a lot of money to lose that game???

Pretty sure outside of their QB situation earlier in the year..the OL was definitely suspect

Who the hell cares?...at the end of the day, we gave up 4...4!!! freaking yards in returns..so however the f they did it...it f'n worked.

I swear some of you will bitch about anything and everything.
Hahaha. Agreed. @jave36 has me looking up punting statistics today!!!

For the record, after the UVA game, I thought we were in serious trouble with Punting. But he rallied.

And while he ended the season middle of the pack in the NCAA in yardage per punt, thereā€™s no denying that the 4yds of punt return yds speaks highly of how the coverage team covers his punts.

From what I can tell, only 5 teams allowed fewer return yds than did the Vols. I call it a special teams success.

Edit: and now that Iā€™ve caught up, I realize Jave had a lot of us looking up punting stats today. Hahaha - Jave is a VolNation influencer. Congrats!

Last edited:
You're looking at superficial stats.
How many timed epically late did Kansas play the gap and rip him?
When they wanted to shut him down, they did.
Ok, stat boy doesn't want to look at the stats? By superficial stats do you mean stats used by others and meaningful stats are the ones used by you?

Last edited:
Reactions: drvenner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back