Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone that needs it.
January 4, 2024: You can make plans for the future, but you must live and be present right here and right now. Your plans are not yet reality. Stay real and deal with the issues that present themselves today, one minute at a time. That is where you can exercise your faith and trust that I am indeed with you, says the Lord. Psalm 16:11 You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Looks like Mizzou may be losing their DC as well....

This would be a major loss for them. I’ve heard a number of analysts/podcasters suggest Mizzou had one of the best overall coaching staffs in the country last year. Results kind of showed that.

Losing their DC as well as a few key pieces likely results into them taking a serious step back next year - regardless of their insanely easy schedule.

It's better because we have better players. Primarily in RG's group. The play calling with zero situational awareness has remained the same. Terrible DB play (Tim Banks specialty, mind you) has remained the same. Getting toasted every time we are in zone has remained the same. I'm not a coach, I can't diagnose the last one, but I can notice...

Think about where the defense would be if the Dline had improved at the same level as the rest of the defense, particularly the pass rush. And who with the straight face is prepared to give Banks credit for that? We all know who did that.

I'm prepared to give BJM a pass. He has a deep group but very thin with experience. That group this year was Beasley, a dude who's not a linebacker, and two freshmen.

The secondary... The tale of two halves defense, the mind boggling play calling. The fact that Banks is still here is concerning and the fact that Willie is still here is alarming. It is what it is.
i think it’s been better than people think when compared to the rest of the country…. Everyone outside of Georgia and Big Ten teams(no offenses) have games where they struggle against the spread out offenses that they have to deal with in modern football.

I do...it's called "injury"...for us to compete against the SEC they have to stay healthier than they did this year.

I agree with your other post to a degree...we have huge potential..the problem is it's potentially good and potentially bad both.

There is almost no way the starting OL stay healthy...and good depth is still not visible.

Is it just me or does it seem like our transfer portal OL got hurt and couldn’t play more often than the recruited OL?

Not trying to bash anyone, just curious if it is apparent to anyone else?

you need to go back to the Whammy. I would say I like the whammy, but that sounds too weird.
Changed to the leg lamp to recognize my world championship in the unofficial VolNation Fantasy Football league. Maybe 15 folks on VolNation know the league exists, so the new avi is really just for me to see and revel in the glory of my fantasy football success.

Both. 3 years in, when you're in charge of the Jimmies and Joe's, that excuse starts wearing thin. We'll see in '24.
Invol I think you may be doing the Kamal Hadden shuffle next season as so many did this fall. Boo, he sucks...Yeah, he's. the best. As usually the ones calling for Bank's head will be fretting that we will lose him to another school.

Invol I think you may be doing the Kamal Hadden shuffle next season as so many did this fall. Boo, he sucks...Yeah, he's. the best. As usually the ones calling for Bank's head will be fretting that we will lose him to another school.
I'll gladly eat crow if that's the case. I've seen three years of the same stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back